What class do you feel benefits most from rank gear?

altweina
altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I have heard that the heavy armor gear is not that good.......but do they make up for it in weapon? Psychics with rank gear seem to kick ***, what about archers? Cleric's are not dd, and have limited attack range so I would think they loose the "who's got the biggest gun game"

I guess my question is aimed toward PvP however in general answers are good too....
Post edited by altweina on

Comments

• Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    altweina wrote: »
    I have heard that the heavy armor gear is not that good.......but do they make up for it in weapon? Psychics with rank gear seem to kick ***, what about archers? Cleric's are not dd, and have limited attack range so I would think they loose the "who's got the biggest gun game"

I guess my question is aimed toward PvP however in general answers are good too....

Depends. On R8 or R9?

Honestly, I've seen sins with full R9 pimped out *coughBloodlettercough* and, well....its scary.

Archers are pretty spooky too with either R8 or R9....And I've heard horror stories about Psy's with R9.

Havent heard much about other classes tho.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dunno about R9, only ones I've seen are the ones killing me in a few seconds so I dunno.

R8, archers and mages benefit the most IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Dunno about R9, only ones I've seen are the ones killing me in a few seconds so I dunno.

R8, archers and mages benefit the most IMO.

Happy Forum Anniversary b:victory
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2011

There's a cleric on our server who has their r9 weapon so far. Personally I think its a waste since clerics usually spend most of their time healing/purifying/buffing in TW anyways, but to each their own b:chuckle
    Retired b:bye
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Archer and Sin.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • altweina
    edited February 2011
    lol....I love your paypal sig!!! They would not be happy....if it only gave them tokens;)

So sin and archer......My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) archers get edge in group PvP and sins are better solo mostly due to stealth ability? Sin is dead, if archer can catch them before melee range?

I am a bit surprised not much psychic love.....I watched a rank 8 destroy the normally safe barbs and bm's...the archers dropped in 1 or 2 shots too
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Depends. On R8 or R9?

Honestly, I've seen sins with full R9 pimped out *coughBloodlettercough* and, well....its scary.

Archers are pretty spooky too with either R8 or R9....And I've heard horror stories about Psy's with R9.

Havent heard much about other classes tho.

Bloodletter? We got 4 R9 sins on our server, you mention the worst of them, lat least skill wise, lol. Shrimp, has his ridiculous combo you cant live, you cant fight back, actually would you have 10 R9 wizzies around you, you`d still die and he`d live. He`ll do his combo, go back to SZ to wait CDs, rinse repeat It`s ridiculous in a way, yet what ever rocks your boat I guess. Ninja was the best R9 sin we had but he quit(?), havent seen him for a while.

From barbs point of view, I`ve gotten hit by lots of R9 casters, all of them on our server I think. Miz(veno) hit the hardest on me so far, simply due having the absolute best weapon avaible for venos(R9+12 with best avaible mag attack shards), she hits 20k+, kinda steadily. Mexy(psy)? Mexy hit me for like 16-17k few months back, with his current wep? Should be hitting harder than miz, gotta test someday. Cursed(wizzie) hit me for ~18k, thing is, his R9 wep was +3 that time, w/o shards if I`m not mistaken. Lusin(cleric) hit me for maybe 11k, Auerlius(cleric) bit more, not by much though. Kat`s psy, I count her as a R9 with her R8+12, hits ~the same as R9 clerics, maybe bit more.

Who else, who else? Dont think we got another caster to mention, do we? Archers, havent faced any good R9 archers, hardest archer hit I`ve gotten was from Rynis(R8) on TW, 5.5k crit, but I dunno how many debuffs I had on me. But then again, Soochi(R8 +10) has 1shot miz in TW, Shahiin, who at least was the best refined R9 archer on server, no idea what she/he hits.

To sum it up, R8/9 is far most scariest on wizzie, even Proski 1shot weaker catabarbs with crits and his refines are like R8+7(?). Archers are another thing that is scary, they simply lack the wtf aoe pawnage ability, I`m not saying their aoes are bad, wizzies and psys simply got better ones.

So I`d rank em on R9 order on TW:
    Wizzie>Archer>Psy(weaker version of wizzies)>Barb(That hp, sad our R9 barb got stupid shards on her gear)>Cleric>Veno>Sin>BM(Maybe our BMs are simply bad? Dunno)

Outside TW:
    Sin>Others dont matter

R8?
    TW: Wizzie>Archer>Psy>Cleric>Veno>Demon barb>BM>Sin>Sage barb(Gets the least out of R8)

Outside it? Same as with R9, just swap sins on the front, others can stay on same order.

Edit: Coming from a barb that gets hit lots =(.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • altweina
    edited February 2011
    Interesting that you put archer second even though against you it was some of the lowest numbers.....I guess that would be on the assumed effect on weaker p def classes and range to stay away from most everyone?

I guess like rock/paper/scissors each class does good or bad depends on opponent

lol......poor meat shields get kicked around:) My archer started doing tw before all the Rank 8 stuff along time ago.....I gave up killing barbs I just could not pop that bubble:) but the squishes were easy marks
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Bloodletter? We got 4 R9 sins on our server, you mention the worst of them, lat least skill wise, lol. Shrimp, has his ridiculous combo you cant live, you cant fight back, actually would you have 10 R9 wizzies around you, you`d still die and he`d live. He`ll do his combo, go back to SZ to wait CDs, rinse repeat It`s ridiculous in a way, yet what ever rocks your boat I guess. Ninja was the best R9 sin we had but he quit(?), havent seen him for a while.

From barbs point of view, I`ve gotten hit by lots of R9 casters, all of them on our server I think. Miz(veno) hit the hardest on me so far, simply due having the absolute best weapon avaible for venos(R9+12 with best avaible mag attack shards), she hits 20k+, kinda steadily. Mexy(psy)? Mexy hit me for like 16-17k few months back, with his current wep? Should be hitting harder than miz, gotta test someday. Cursed(wizzie) hit me for ~18k, thing is, his R9 wep was +3 that time, w/o shards if I`m not mistaken. Lusin(cleric) hit me for maybe 11k, Auerlius(cleric) bit more, not by much though. Kat`s psy, I count her as a R9 with her R8+12, hits ~the same as R9 clerics, maybe bit more.

Who else, who else? Dont think we got another caster to mention, do we? Archers, havent faced any good R9 archers, hardest archer hit I`ve gotten was from Rynis(R8) on TW, 5.5k crit, but I dunno how many debuffs I had on me. But then again, Soochi(R8 +10) has 1shot miz in TW, Shahiin, who at least was the best refined R9 archer on server, no idea what she/he hits.

To sum it up, R8/9 is far most scariest on wizzie, even Proski 1shot weaker catabarbs with crits and his refines are like R8+7(?). Archers are another thing that is scary, they simply lack the wtf aoe pawnage ability, I`m not saying their aoes are bad, wizzies and psys simply got better ones.

Wizzie>Archer>Psy(weaker version of wizzies)>Barb(That hp, sad our R9 barb got stupid shards on her gear)>Cleric>Veno>Sin>BM(Maybe our BMs are simply bad? Dunno)

Outside TW:
    Sin>Others dont matter

R8?
    TW: Wizzie>Archer>Psy>Cleric>Veno>Demon barb>BM>Sin>Sage barb(Gets the least out of R8)

Outside it? Same as with R9, just swap sins on the front, others can stay on same order.

Yeah....I obviously don't play as much as I used to. I feel like I barely know Archosaur anymore lol. Thanks for the clarification.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Interesting that you put archer second even though against you it was some of the lowest numbers.....I guess that would be on the assumed effect on weaker p def classes and range to stay away from most everyone?

I guess like rock/paper/scissors each class does good or bad depends on opponent

lol......poor meat shields get kicked around:) My archer started doing tw before all the Rank 8 stuff along time ago.....I gave up killing barbs I just could not pop that bubble:) but the squishes were easy marks

Well like I said, I havent faced good R9 archers, even most good R8 archers have been on same faction with me, yet they are deadly. If you want aoe massacre with mag attacks, just roll a wizzie, psys are simply behind. I like Archers on TW, I said they dont have the best aoes but they got some real good ones. And archers just drop robes like I see you, gg, robe got 1shot. Psys arent bad, simply bit behind of those classes, though psys are nice to have around.

But you can do lots even if you roll R8 BM, it`s maybe not the class that get most adventage out of it but it`ll work. I myself get pm`d during TWs, most of the time "leave me alone! =(" and you know, nothing better feeling than robes just sitting in a nice group "Oh it`s a barb, only on true form, no worries" and 1shotting them with demon sunder =). My point is, R8 wep is really good on every class, R8 HA is bad, R9 HA is kinda good, R9 weapons are simply OP(compared to R9 armor) with Jones blessings and the armor is kinda irrelevant.

Ps. But that`s how I see it, the ones who get most oout of the weapon likely get most out of the full set, even with full R9+10, like miz is, she still gets 1shot by R8 archer, kinda tells the story.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @ WnbTank - Archosaur

OMG some ppl dedication to this game freaks me out, u seriously know all ranked toons on ur (carebear) server, they gear refines/shrads and how hard they hit in any given period of time? b:surrender

on topic:

edit: groups in random order

best:
    sin
    archer
    wiz
    psy

decent:
    barb
    cleric
    veno

dont bother:
    bm
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    @ WnbTank - Archosaur

OMG some ppl dedication to this game freaks me out, u seriously know all ranked toons on ur (carebear) server, they gear refines/shrads and how hard they hit in any given period of time? b:surrender

on topic:

best:
    sin
    archer
    wiz
    psy

decent:
    barb
    cleric
    veno

dont bother:
    bm

I have dmg log on at all times, I got a way to remember numbers and sentences, really helps at school, lol. And I check ppls gear quite often to amuse myself... And remembering Archosaur gear? Our server is so small it isn`t even hard, lol.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Kitty above is quite gifted, not a factor of not having a life. Not to mention, most of everyone high levels knows everyone else high level on Arch, people really do not understand how small of a server it is. Take about 1/4 of LC's population and thats probably Arch. A lot of people lower level are alts of higher levels, and if not that, they quit because the market on Arch is ridonculous.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:laugh fine u excused
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i don't see how people are listing rank 9 archers above psys. Rank 9 psys are no joke, with their soulforce high as a kite, it's pretty much 100% seal back at you if you hit them, and they'll just 2 shot you back with their 100+ attack levels and 60+ def levels if theyre sharded with jades. i hate them
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Outside TW:
    Sin>Others dont matter

R8?

R8 for Archer> R8 for Psys? Are you kidding? Have you SEEN the R8 Soulsphere? It's insanely badass. No way that lame R8 bow is better. And even the R8 magic sword for Wizzies is about the same as the Soulsphere, but not better.

Otherwise yeah, Psychics with R9 are pretty insane, and so are wizzied. If I had to give a ranking I would say Wizards first, and Archers/Psychics both second for R9, then followed by Sins.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Any R8 caster except venos are scary. Hell, even venos are scary.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    R8 for Archer> R8 for Psys? Are you kidding? Have you SEEN the R8 Soulsphere? It's insanely badass. No way that lame R8 bow is better. And even the R8 magic sword for Wizzies is about the same as the Soulsphere, but not better.

Otherwise yeah, Psychics with R9 are pretty insane, and so are wizzied. If I had to give a ranking I would say Wizards first, and Archers/Psychics both second for R9, then followed by Sins.

Yes, I`ve seen and gotten hit by average refined R8 psy, +12 R8 psy & R9 psy and actually killed every type of psys mentioned, have you? Though nowdays I doubt I`d stand a chance against mexy on 1vs1, hurts too much(Refined his gear finally, wep at least[And I restatted to claws, lol]), yet I can still kill him in TW.

For psy to hit like a truck you need to sacrifice so much survivability compared to wizzies. And that is to what you should be comparing the effectivness of R9 on psys, not to archers directly, different roles. You got enough R9 wizzies, you want R9 archers or R9 psys next? Psys arent bad, yet wizzies do their role better so they arent useless but just not the prefered option. I think that ultimately Archers and psys are pretty equal on the R9 question, with wizzies existing, it`s easy for me to prefer archer over psy.

R8 bow bad, you kidding, right? R8 bow is prolly best R8 wep out there but wiz are simply broken as a class when it comes to strong weps, which is why I prefer wizzies. That bow really hits like a truck, great addons, refines quite well, what more you want? Psy`s arent bad with R8, those 2 classes simply outshine them.

Ps. I`ve seen the R8 wep of all classes and fought against it, heck, I can say the same thing with R9.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    There's a cleric on our server who has their r9 weapon so far. Personally I think its a waste since clerics usually spend most of their time healing/purifying/buffing in TW anyways, but to each their own b:chuckle

The more awesome their weapon, the greater their heals.

think about them apples for a second.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The more awesome their weapon, the greater their heals.

think about them apples for a second.

maybe so, but does the attack level addon apply to the healing as well?

**** the apples, oranges FTW. b:avoid
    Retired b:bye
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011

That I don't know. :/

I do know a r8 cleric whose heals made it seem like I never took damage. I mean, if my HP never even moved during those IH stacks with a r8 weapon, a r9 has got to make you superman for half a day. o.o

Either way they die
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011

No, attack level have no effect on the strenght of heals. The equation to determine damage attack level increases takes targets defence level into account, so it working on heals would make no sense due that aspect of game mechanics.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No, attack level have no effect on the strenght of heals. The equation to determine damage attack level increases takes targets defence level into account, so it working on heals would make no sense due that aspect of game mechanics.

Ignoring this gibberish for a second, Who had the nerves to put R9 clerics after barbs?! I'm coming for you!!!

Also, lets talk survivability skills between all the races :) It's only fair.

(I think those super heals just pushed us clerics above venos yay!)
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited February 2011
    Ignoring this gibberish for a second, Who had the nerves to put R9 clerics after barbs?! I'm coming for you!!!

Also, lets talk survivability skills between all the races :) It's only fair.

(I think those super heals just pushed us clerics above venos yay!)

I may be overestimating venos due the R9 veno we got being ridiculously well geared, yet the clerics arent tha bad refined ones. Heck, Auerlius got 10k+ hp with hp buff, full garnet gems on armor, I literally hit BMs harder than I hit him, lol. But unless I`m mistaken he got the same sort of wep as the veno I mentioned, tooped up, lol. He hits noticably less than veno, though I may have been amped when veno has hit me, though I really doubt that. There is clear damage difference between veno and cleric and survivability? I can still make R9 cleric holypath away from his catabarbb:chuckle.

And barbs, with full R9 armor set, decked out, dropping one is actually hard. Sad thing is, my barb brothers put vit stones instead of jades of steady defence, sooo dumb, if and when armor is +10 anyways. But oh well, all kitty got is what he has seen.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I may be overestimating venos due the R9 veno we got being ridiculously well geared, yet the clerics arent tha bad refined ones. Heck, Auerlius got 10k+ hp with hp buff, full garnet gems on armor, I literally hit BMs harder than I hit him, lol. But unless I`m mistaken he got the same sort of wep as the veno I mentioned, tooped up, lol. He hits noticably less than veno, though I may have been amped when veno has hit me, though I really doubt that. There is clear damage difference between veno and cleric and survivability? I can still make R9 cleric holypath away from his catabarbb:chuckle.

And barbs, with full R9 armor set, decked out, dropping one is actually hard. Sad thing is, my barb brothers put vit stones instead of jades of steady defence, sooo dumb, if and when armor is +10 anyways. But oh well, all kitty got is what he has seen.

Sage or Demon cleric? the difference in the more powerful skills is uncanny for demons(wield thunder debuff), course are you factoring in the cleric not being full mag or is?

I wont argue our damage is somewhat leaning, but just making sure.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Gear wise and Wep wise separately

HA gear: eh both Bm and barb pretty much screwed,
    HA weps r pretty good

LA gear: um both sins and archers have same stats on rank gear so pretty even
    Wep: eh R8 bow hits like a **** truck on casters, sin daggers eh they just stun and auto attack so idk

AA gear: all 4 classes get same stats on chest altho leggings id say veno gets better
    Wiz gets i think +150 hp, +300 or so mp and +7-8 mag
    same with Psy
    cleric gets + mp regen instead of MP
    veno on other hand gets nice +240 p def on leggings

AA weps: eh any thats not a veno pataka is good damage ofc considering its G14 and has big damage range but the adds wouldnt bother unless sharded 2 savants for some channeing to make it useful
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • altweina
    edited February 2011
    I was playing with the calculator and the Rank 8 bow definitely is nice....I have been playing for awhile....many toons cause I can't choose just one. I have recently been using my game money to buy badges while they are on sale....worst case I should be able to resell them as long as I get a good price. One of my many toons is a low 90's archer using a windcatcher. It does something like 2800-6000 damage where as the rank 8 bow does 4900-8700. This is 2000+ on average more points more per hit......I guess this is the difference between 1 shot kills and 2-3 against most robes?

I see that it makes a difference but in the big scheme of things is it really worth the cost? When I used to play my archer before Rank 8 was on the server...i used to tab, kill, tab, kill squishes all day in TW (never did PvP outside of TW). I tried to avoid barbs because they were like giant pin cushions.....Badges alone is gonna be like 70mil i think....then don't I have to get something else too? I guess my thinking is squishes for the most part die easy anyhow.....I guess its better....and being better then the next guy is all the "gear" stuff really is about.....no mater how little difference it really makes...its still a difference?
  • HUSKYFLUFF - Harshlands
    HUSKYFLUFF - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    okay so my question is does anyone know the equipment bonuses for r8 gear for sins? Like how if you wear 2 pieces of TT99 gold you get extra interval or if you wear a full set of r9 you get +20 attack lvl... So can someone help me out with how many pieces of r8 for sins you need to wear to get what bonuses?

P.S I know my spelling SUCKS. You don't have to point it out :P
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    okay so my question is does anyone know the equipment bonuses for r8 gear for sins? Like how if you wear 2 pieces of TT99 gold you get extra interval or if you wear a full set of r9 you get +20 attack lvl... So can someone help me out with how many pieces of r8 for sins you need to wear to get what bonuses?

P.S I know my spelling SUCKS. You don't have to point it out :P

Just the r8 chest plate for sins (or archers), since that has the only -int. bonus.

Edit: If you're asking if r8 has hidden bonuses like TT99/r9? No, it does not.

Either way they die
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    In my opinion it's hard to say...

Wizzies, Archers, Sins, and even Psychic's are extremely scary with rank gear.

The archer and sins are scary due to the fact that their rank gear provides a chest piece with -.10 interval between hits, add that with nirvy pants with .05, tt99 gold wrists w/ .05, and the nirvy daggers with .10, the tomes w/ .05... makes for one scary sin, and just switch the daggers for some decides w/ .10 -int, or a nirvy version of a fist/claw w/ .10 - int, and that makes for one scary *** archer, not to mention how scary they still are with their bow. (Hides from the cheze/goons videos)... (can't forget a second piece of tt99 gold boots... for .05 more - int (to leave on the pants/chests))

As for the wizzard/psychic rank gear, their weapons can rock your socks off.. literally if your a bm/even some barbs. =x These two classes have the luxury of hitting you wherever you stand, if one catches you in their clutches... just bend over and kiss your *** goodbye in one hit... for most bms anyways. =x

EDIT: @ the person who posted just before me... sins/archers also get a chest piece at rank... 4 or 5.... that adds on .05 - int. :)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)