Seekers...What am I mssing?

Options
altweina
altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
So I try to read the forums and find the answers to most of my questions but I am struggling to find much on seekers. I read alot about mystics but very little about seekers. So far I am less then impressed. I hear that its possible that some skills cost mirage stones, shrug that kinda sucks I guess....but the buff in question only adds a few levels of attack and defense? That doesn't seem be that big of a deal with rank gear, psychic voodoo, and jones blessing. They have a close range AoE....which seems cool but without good defense a stong magic toon is gonna pop that balloon from a distance pretty fast. For example say you wanna use it to take out tanks around crystal so you charge in and start going (I assume its magic attack).....great against the barbs but there are so many people in group PvP that it would be an easy guess so wizzie/psy is gonna light you up pretty fast.
They are supposed to have combos, but again in TWI (lag fest) I see those being hard to get off....1. you lag when you get in close with everyone doing heavy graphic AoE's or someone kills them before you get a chance.

Can someone tell me what I am missing or is seeker just another melee type class...with a cool AoE but nothing to get all that excited about?
Post edited by altweina on

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Info is pretty much next to 0 on seekers. Then again, I don't really follow any info that's released about the EG expansion.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    altweina wrote: »
    I hear that its possible that some skills cost mirage stones, shrug that kinda sucks I guess....but the buff in question only adds a few levels of attack and defense? That doesn't seem be that big of a deal with rank gear, psychic voodoo, and jones blessing.

There are skills that use up mirages, but they're the party buffs. The Seeker's self defensive buff (which is +defense levels) does not consume them.

Mooy posted a skill list in either the unofficial guide or the sticky, forget which. o.O There's a video showing off skills too.

In pk, a mage class does have to be careful of seekers. I know they can use a teleport attack.
  • RedMimi - Raging Tide
    RedMimi - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh man. Just check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tatDYI4j_4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Alot of whats around seems to be speculation and maybe some bad translations.

I know mirage prices went through the roof with that rumor/hype/whatever it is.

I believe (from the news post?) they have skills that amp their other skills. Like you use them in chains for more damage.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=183421

Yeah went and found the article. It sounds cool, like the class is alot more engaging and takes some skill. You cant just spark + auto-attack and thats it. It will be interesting when they come in, but I wouldn't trust anything but our official news posts until then.

EDIT: just watched that video :O its like they deal damage like that wizard aoe but take it like a tank! I know they have a cleric healing but still. Hey, at least the QQ/rage/hate looks like its about to move from assassins to seekers...haha whos excited for March 2nd?
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That video is impressive I wish we knew the level of the seeker.....I had high hopes for them as I have been wanting to try out a melee character again and was reluctant to roll a bm since I have done that and got frustrated chasing the runners.

On the note of comparison.....I read something about nerfing APS....does anyone think that really will Happen? If It does it would greatly change the field. I read talk of weapons dropping and breaking but honestly even at sins normal attack wont it happen fairly often? That does not seem fair. Only thing that I read that really seemed viable would be a reflect that cast if APS got too high. Just like agro, if you **** mob/boss off it reflects. This would allow them to 5.0 it but just like a dd you have to be careful and learn to gauge what you are doing?
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That video is impressive I wish we knew the level of the seeker.....I had high hopes for them as I have been wanting to try out a melee character again and was reluctant to roll a bm since I have done that and got frustrated chasing the runners.

Around Lv80. That's the level of gear he has on. o.o
    On the note of comparison.....I read something about nerfing APS....does anyone think that really will Happen? If It does it would greatly change the field.

Do I think it'll happen? Directly, no. Indirectly, yes. Eventually, the gear that allows very high level aps will slowly become outdated or good alternatives will show up.
    I read talk of weapons dropping and breaking but honestly even at sins normal attack wont it happen fairly often? That does not seem fair.

That thread was fake.