Archer Advice

Orlin - Dreamweaver
Orlin - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Archer
As you can see im a lvl 93 archer. My dmg for some reason is very low and i use windcatcher xbow that is refined. I also use triple bladed bolts. My dmg is only about 5k with and w/o skills and ive never gotten above 13k crit. all my passives are at lvl 10. and my skills r as high as i can afford them to go but they r pretty high. right now my stats are at vit 11, mag5, str97, dex390. every lvl I always add 1str 4dex. I would add a linkt to a character builder but the ecatomb one doesn't have most of the equipment i have on. It is actually pat the point where i cant take on more than one mob at a time. If anyone has any advice on how to improve my archer's dmg it would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Orlin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As you can see im a lvl 93 archer. My dmg for some reason is very low and i use windcatcher xbow that is refined. I also use triple bladed bolts. My dmg is only about 5k with and w/o skills and ive never gotten above 13k crit. all my passives are at lvl 10. and my skills r as high as i can afford them to go but they r pretty high. right now my stats are at vit 11, mag5, str97, dex390. every lvl I always add 1str 4dex. I would add a linkt to a character builder but the ecatomb one doesn't have most of the equipment i have on. It is actually pat the point where i cant take on more than one mob at a time. If anyone has any advice on how to improve my archer's dmg it would be greatly appreciated.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ Use that, build your character as it is now, press SAVE and then it'll give you a link. Post a reply with the link in it and other archers and I will offer critique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • silvercyclone
    silvercyclone Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That website should have everything for ya.
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ee41e6e8ea0f0c07

I cant figure out how to add the blue stuff to the armor so my stats r a bit different from what it says. Also since i have a very very poor drop rate im sure u will say its my armor and i dont have enough money to upgrade.

these r the stats that r different:

Phys Atk- 4208-7883
    Accuracy- 3168
    Evasion- 2784
    Phys Def- 1927
    Metal- 2751
    Wood- 2759
    Water- 2588
    Fire- 2494
    Earth- 2795
    edited February 2011
    Edit: I made adjustments for you but when you posted the different stats, they became obsolete. Let me make new suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    to add the "blue" stats modifiers to an item in pwcalc, highlight the item, click the "change" button, then scroll down in the item information pane. there'll be a drop-down box at the bottom to select modifiers from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited February 2011
    Alright, here's what I did. I changed your armor and boots because they were out of date and much more important than your ornaments or cape. I kept the changes to an affordable level: neither of those items costs over 500k, and with the cash you'll gain after selling your Grieving Sorrow and boots, you'll lower that even more. I also changed your weapon. The weapon that I chose for you can be completely farmed in TT at your level with minimum effort, to keep things affordable. Your weapon is essentially the problem - but +2 can be achieved in under 20 Mirage Celestones, in most cases, and a Flawless Garnet is only 14 tokens. Take a look at this: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6536c03607956f3b

Also, you can go to http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook and make a fake facebook account, link it to your PW account and then get Jones Blessings - +30% damage. That's entirely free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Here's a cheap build you can try to match: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=09f7b0b024ea2e96

In terms of economy, Vast Land is the best weapon. It's cheap and does a lot of damage.
    The belt is a quest belt. You can also use Demon Slaughter Belt.
    Cape has stats I made up. Anything good is doable.
    Points were restatted out of Str and put into Dex.

For the hat, you have options. A good Helmet of the Righteous is doable. If you want, you can get your Str up to 105 and use the FF Gold helm: Shining Snow Helm. You need 94 Str to wear the Bracers, and the Bracers give you +8 Str, getting you up to 102. With 3 more Str, you can wear this helm, which is a fairly nice helm. You can also go with the Helmet of the Lion Spirit, which maximizes dexterity.

The ridiculous Critical hits that some archers make are due to timing squad buffs and debuffs with Triple Spark. If you time a BM's Heaven's Flame with a Veno's debuff (whatever it's called), Extreme Poison, Tangling Mire, and you use Triple Spark, you can break the 100k or 200k damage mark near your level against bosses.
  • Orlin - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Also, you can go to http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook and make a fake facebook account, link it to your PW account and then get Jones Blessings - +30% damage. That's entirely free.

Yeah i already did the blessings and have a mailbox full of them. As far as buying new stuff is next to impossible i grinded last night for 2 hrs and only got maybe 80k worth of stuff which is really lucky on my part. Before anyone asks yeas i was fighting mobs my lvl and they were around FC. I would try selling stuff but my marketing ability sucks cause i would always sell stuff either really cheap or overpriced so i tend to stay away from getting money that way. So if anyone has ideas on how i can get coins easy I would like to know besides selling gold.

Also thnx to everyone who gave me suggestions i will try them as soon as i can afford the new stuff.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeah i already did the blessings and have a mailbox full of them. As far as buying new stuff is next to impossible i grinded last night for 2 hrs and only got maybe 80k worth of stuff which is really lucky on my part. Before anyone asks yeas i was fighting mobs my lvl and they were around FC. I would try selling stuff but my marketing ability sucks cause i would always sell stuff either really cheap or overpriced so i tend to stay away from getting money that way. So if anyone has ideas on how i can get coins easy I would like to know besides selling gold.

Also thnx to everyone who gave me suggestions i will try them as soon as i can afford the new stuff.

Grind on the spiders in Avalanche Canyon. The mobs near FC are not good for archers.
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    Aeroboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    why not do Xenobeast quest, idk about your server, but ppl pay good money for the tears, +20k for completing the quest, + anything you pick up, sometimes i find over 1k on the floor in coins
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    (Unsure about DW) From what I've seen FC greens mentioned above tend to be cheaper than most other gears for this level, and if you frost, you could always hope that something drops...
    why not do Xenobeast quest, idk about your server, but ppl pay good money for the tears, +20k for completing the quest, + anything you pick up, sometimes i find over 1k on the floor in coins

Good daily money - 12k x 4 tears each + 18k quest reward = 66k
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    isnt xenobeast 100+..
    i suggest:
    1) get your archer 100+ and nirvana/dailies with a faction or friends
    2) farm TT with a faction or friends
    3) cashshop
    4) merchant stuff

5) scam ppl
    6) blackmail ppl
    7) rob ppl

<-- my style
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    isnt xenobeast 100+..

I do not think so?

Ok, so, xenobeast is fb19. And the oht quest (xenomonster hunt) does not have any level requirement, you just need to be able to get into oht to take it, so hypothetically a level 70 character might be able to do that? (I think level 70 is when you get the Wraith's Ploy cultivation quest?)
    Grind on the spiders in Avalanche Canyon. The mobs near FC are not good for archers.

That needs so much running when it gets crowded with people.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For those who asked, the OHT daily begins at 90+. On HT, several catshops will buy the tears at 10k, leaving you with a 58k/day reward for doing this daily. I try to pick it up when I can. I also try to do the Snake Isle race (for badges of speed) and Dragon Temple (for badges of endurance, both of which can be sold to others). If done right, the Cube of Fate can also be a source of profit.

There are many options for "budget armor." Look into the "Dark Floria" set (Armor of Dark Floria, Bracers of Abbandonment, Light Boots of Hermit)... all of its pieces are cheap and easily obtainable except for the leggings, which are extremely rare. I've known some archers to get the other three pieces of that set and then just substitute some TT90 leggings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).