Archer TT Weapon Chain?

Options
Veracious - Sanctuary
Veracious - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Archer
I was just wondering which TT chain is the most popular for Archer

ie: which of the xbows/bows are the most popular in the TT chain at 70 and 80?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Veracious - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thundercrack -> Flash Fire -> Blinding Radiance, I think. Certainly the one I'm aiming for.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thundercrack -> Flash Fire -> Blinding Radiance, I think. Certainly the one I'm aiming for.

aasdasdasdasd
  • Chaoslegend - Lost City
    Chaoslegend - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    go skeleton axe-->XS--->lionKingaxe---->GX,EA use axe,gogogo Xd..jk
  • VaMpiRe_ - Sanctuary
    VaMpiRe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You should just go with the bows....at 69 Wind and Clouds,then at 70 Unicorn (with good shards and refine),or u could stick with clouds till 80..then at 80 Crismonsoulslasher or whatever its called..and at 90 you go with the Dragonbow
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    and at 90 you go with the Dragonbow

Whaaat?

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Blinding Radiance > Dragonbow. Also, I seem to recall there being an Archer Weapon Comparison thread in a Useful Archer Links sticky.

But, you know, I could be off my rocker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I`m going Unicorn > Soulsmasher > Heaven Shatterer. Not really much in crossbows. :<
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I never really touched the Soulsmasher to be honest. Went Wind and the Clouds -> Broad Land. +3 W&C did fine for speedy FF runs. And I don't use bound gear, ever. Unless it's going to be endgame gear. /stingy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Soulsmasher is a pretty nice bow actually. It's true that it's a pain that it's bound but I think it actually has a few advantages. When higher lvl and having a better bow I`ll be able to nerf my damage using Soulsmasher instead of Heaven Shatterer for example.
    The adds are just amazing.
    Maximum Physical Attack +154
    Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    Gloom: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack at the cost of losing 5% MP.

The effect is awesome. It grants me like 2.5 K more damage for around 5 seconds.
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Soulsmasher is a pretty nice bow actually. It's true that it's a pain that it's bound but I think it actually has a few advantages. When higher lvl and having a better bow I`ll be able to nerf my damage using Soulsmasher instead of Heaven Shatterer for example.
    Gloom: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack at the cost of losing 5% MP.

The effect is awesome. It grants me like 2.5 K more damage for around 5 seconds.

The Soulsmasher is obsolete since FC weapons came out. Just sayin, grim. The Vast Land outdamages the Soulsmasher. Even with the -interval. I ran the numbers back when I was 8x. Also, the procedure usually works at the worst times. Pulling aggro.b:surrender

Guess it doesn't matter these days. Now, the name of the game is Get To 100 Fast As You Can. Might as well just use npc armor and weapons till 100 since you'll only be in any given equipment bracket for a week max anymore >>

Anyhoww, if you absolutely must use TT weapons through and through, the Crossbow chain is decent. Swiftwind Crossbow through Constellation:Fall will get you through the game okay.

I personally used:

Swiftwind Crossbow -> Wind and the Clouds -> Vast Land -> Blinding Radiance -> Constellation:Fall -> Heaven Shatterer.

Not exactly a progression at the end as a sideways step. But meh. The former was just a placeholder till I could farm the latter.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nobody noticed the necro?
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nope.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nobody noticed the necro?

I did, but I wanted to put my two cents in anyhow.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Purespiritt - Raging Tide
    Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And generally what do You think about archers weapons... Crossbow,Slingshot or Bow?
    I know that very depends from bonuses in critical,physical attack etc;but generally...?

I personally don't like slingshots cause are the slowest and look like small toys b:chuckle
    In past i used X-bow and bows.
    Actually i have Thundercrack.
    X-bow are the fastest but have the lowest and highest attb:lipcurl f.e

TT X-bows lvl 70 phys att. 524 - 1222
    TT Unicorn bow lvl 70 phys att. 580 - 1076
    Mold Slingshot lvl 69 phys att 617 - 926

What is the best - the lowest and highest dmg or maybe a bit highest low and lowest high dmg in Your opinion?
    edited January 2011
    Options
    *ignores necro, continues discussion*

I'd take the Wind and the Clouds (Mold Slingshot lv69) because it has -0.1 interval and is a sling, meaning my attack speed would be much better than that of the Unicorn or Thundercrack. So I'd hit maybe 800 damage five times while you hit 900 damage four times in the same amount of time. I dealt more damage. (Also, no math was used here, it's just a thrown-together example)

Broad Land's adds:

Maximum Physical Attack +139

Dexterity +14~15

Unrelenting: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack
    at the cost of reducing physical defence.

Not to mention that the BL is Grade 12 while the CH:SS is Grade 10, meaning that it refines for much better damage:

+5 CH:SS: 793-1364 Physical Attack

+5 BL: 938-1586 Physical Attack

And we both have a +phys attack add, a +phys damage proc and I have 15 Dex instead of your -0.05 interval.

And I can sell mine.

Also, it occurs to me that I don't see the reasoning in getting a bow to nerf damage and being happy that it procs to give you 2.5k more damage. It seems counter-intuitive.

I'm just sayin'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And generally what do You think about archers weapons... Crossbow,Slingshot or Bow?
    I know that very depends from bonuses in critical,physical attack etc;but generally...?

I personally don't like slingshots cause are the slowest and look like small toys b:chuckle
    In past i used X-bow and bows.
    Actually i have Thundercrack.
    X-bow are the fastest but have the lowest and highest attb:lipcurl f.e

TT X-bows lvl 70 phys att. 524 - 1222
    TT Unicorn bow lvl 70 phys att. 580 - 1076
    Mold Slingshot lvl 69 phys att 617 - 926

What is the best - the lowest and highest dmg or maybe a bit highest low and lowest high dmg in Your opinion?

uhm..actually, crossbow is the slowest with highest max damage, lowest min damage, bow is average speed, above xbow, slingshot is actually the fastest but with the lowest min and max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Purespiritt - Raging Tide
    Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yea by this weapons 69,70 yes slingshot is the fastest cause have -0.10 but i say generally.
    I quote only dmg statistics to show different in low and high dmg this 3 types of weapon, cause was curious what do You think about this low and high dmg value

Generally without bonuses slingshot attack rate is 0.71,bow 0.67 and crossbow 0.63
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Those attack rates are in attacks per second. Higher is more attacks in a given amount of time, therefore faster and better.
  • DarkExorcist - Dreamweaver
    DarkExorcist - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    *ignores necro, continues discussion*

I'd take the Wind and the Clouds (Mold Slingshot lv69) because it has -0.1 interval and is a sling, meaning my attack speed would be much better than that of the Unicorn or Thundercrack. So I'd hit maybe 800 damage five times while you hit 900 damage four times in the same amount of time. I dealt more damage. (Also, no math was used here, it's just a thrown-together example)

Broad Land's adds:

Maximum Physical Attack +139

Dexterity +14~15

Unrelenting: Has a chance to greatly increase physical attack
    at the cost of reducing physical defence.

Not to mention that the BL is Grade 12 while the CH:SS is Grade 10, meaning that it refines for much better damage:

+5 CH:SS: 793-1364 Physical Attack

+5 BL: 938-1586 Physical Attack

And we both have a +phys attack add, a +phys damage proc and I have 15 Dex instead of your -0.05 interval.

And I can sell mine.

Also, it occurs to me that I don't see the reasoning in getting a bow to nerf damage and being happy that it procs to give you 2.5k more damage. It seems counter-intuitive.

I'm just sayin'

If you pvp, it's already bound (and in that case, is more worth the cash) AND you can use it at lvl 80. I mean, who wouldn't want to use a weapon earlier? Also, the physical defense reduction of broadland really hurts in pvp. I'd much rather lose MP.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Soulsmasher is obsolete since FC weapons came out. Just sayin, grim. The Vast Land outdamages the Soulsmasher. Even with the -interval. I ran the numbers back when I was 8x. Also, the procedure usually works at the worst times. Pulling aggro.b:surrender

Guess it doesn't matter these days. Now, the name of the game is Get To 100 Fast As You Can. Might as well just use npc armor and weapons till 100 since you'll only be in any given equipment bracket for a week max anymore >>

Anyhoww, if you absolutely must use TT weapons through and through, the Crossbow chain is decent. Swiftwind Crossbow through Constellation:Fall will get you through the game okay.

I personally used:

Swiftwind Crossbow -> Wind and the Clouds -> Vast Land -> Blinding Radiance -> Constellation:Fall -> Heaven Shatterer.

Not exactly a progression at the end as a sideways step. But meh. The former was just a placeholder till I could farm the latter.

I played an archer in the name of using a bow. Not having one until lvl 95 (from the mid levels) would've killed me and forced me to quit a long, long time ago.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I played an archer in the name of using a bow. Not having one until lvl 95 (from the mid levels) would've killed me and forced me to quit a long, long time ago.

Vast Land is a bow.
    If you pvp, it's already bound (and in that case, is more worth the cash) AND you can use it at lvl 80. I mean, who wouldn't want to use a weapon earlier? Also, the physical defense reduction of broadland really hurts in pvp. I'd much rather lose MP.

ColdAsLife's purpose for the CH:SS is to nerf damage, and a damage nerf is useless in PvP - even more so than a defense reduction. In addition, seeing as the Vast Land outdamages the Soul Smasher, wouldn't you just use that? In response to your comment about it being bound on equip, yes, that's all of 50 cents worth of handiness. So really, you pay, what, 4m? In return you get a sub-par bow that has a 50 cent binding charm duct taped on. And you can't even sell it when you're done with it.

Truly, I see no use for it, PvE or PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Double post. Delete please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Vast Land is a bow.

My bad, I didn't notice.

ColdAsLife's purpose for the CH:SS is to nerf damage, and a damage nerf is useless in PvP - even more so than a defense reduction. In addition, seeing as the Vast Land outdamages the Soul Smasher, wouldn't you just use that? In response to your comment about it being bound on equip, yes, that's all of 50 cents worth of handiness. So really, you pay, what, 4m? In return you get a sub-par bow that has a 50 cent binding charm duct taped on. And you can't even sell it when you're done with it.

My post only concerned my personal opinion, rather than the "purpose" the bow served for another individual. Also, I was merely comparing CH:SS with the Broadland rather than the Vastland, since I was assuming that the comparison was because one either enjoyed having a proc (which childishly enough, makes the game that little bit more interesting due to the lovely "change" that we all want) AND that vastland was not being considered because it was not mentioned (since i thought it was a crossbow, initially).
    Finally, it is not 50c to bind an equipment. It is 350k-500k depending on your server. For non-CSer's like me, I like to enjoy using something decent, and early, for a long period of time. Despite the fact that I'd much prefer changing weapons/gear constantly, I cannot afford it because my income comes only through selling DQ items and merching every now and then. I find it much harder to earn 500k worth of coins than 50c, however, it is not a comparison for non-CSer's like me, there is no such exchange rate.

Having said that, I may consider using a vastland in the future, but the chances are that I'm going to grab myself one of those CH:SS's because its been a long while since i've changed my gear, and i plan to change everything at 80. (yes, im a slow lvler, despite the fact that my main on Heaven's Tear is 9x, but that was since 08)

The red line..thingos.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My post only concerned my personal opinion, rather than the "purpose" the bow served for another individual. Also, I was merely comparing CH:SS with the Broadland rather than the Vastland, since I was assuming that the comparison was because one either enjoyed having a proc (which childishly enough, makes the game that little bit more interesting due to the lovely "change" that we all want) AND that vastland was not being considered because it was not mentioned (since i thought it was a crossbow, initially).
    Finally, it is not 50c to bind an equipment. It is 350k-500k depending on your server. For non-CSer's like me, I like to enjoy using something decent, and early, for a long period of time. Despite the fact that I'd much prefer changing weapons/gear constantly, I cannot afford it because my income comes only through selling DQ items and merching every now and then. I find it much harder to earn 500k worth of coins than 50c, however, it is not a comparison for non-CSer's like me, there is no such exchange rate.

Having said that, I may consider using a vastland in the future, but the chances are that I'm going to grab myself one of those CH:SS's because its been a long while since i've changed my gear, and i plan to change everything at 80. (yes, im a slow lvler, despite the fact that my main on Heaven's Tear is 9x, but that was since 08)

Well, I'd like to submit that you're going to have one hell of a hard time finding someone killable at 8x in PvP, but it's true that the bow may hold some value for slow levellers. Note that the Vast Land costs much less than the CH:SS - 2.5m on my server, as opposed to 4-5m for the CH - whatever the going rate for Golden Spirits is. Not to mention that Golden Spirits need to be farmed, or bought from smarmy merchants who assume that 7m is a valid price for one. *laughs* For he who is more financially challenged than other players, I'd just FF the five levels and use a VL. It may be worth comparing the price of required hypers + VL to CH:SS, but then again the VL's a stronger bow. People are having great difficulty selling them at 1.9m, but that's just my server.

Hmm... This was a rather large fault in my argument, seeing as I'm not a slow leveller. I have no experience holding onto gear for a long time. Then again, my 90 gear is going to last awhile, no? Nine whole levels? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited February 2011
    Options

I didn't mention nerfing damage in PvP. Nerfing your damage in PvP for anything else than just the lulz is dumb.

Also, Vast Land is outdamaging SoulSmasher, but Vast Land is with level requirement of 85 while Soulsmasher can be used at 80, and I think this is something that shouldn't be underestimated.

And this is where you are wrong IMO. I guess you have an idea how hard it is for a barb to keep aggro of our squishy ***. We are dealing amazing damage, but we don't have the power to keep the boss on us. As well as you can break your attacks, you can use Soulsmasher. My point of view.
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You didn't mention nerfing damage in PvP, but you did mention using it to nerf damage - and a bow that was only acquired for the sake of nerfing damage has no place in PvP, for which DarkExorcist suggested it.

Well, I have 50 Vit. I also roll with good barbs, or let the barb have a nice long 25% of the boss before I pop in, and that usually keeps aggro off of me. I hit my 60k crits just like the next archer, but with a 20-30% chance without Stun or STA it's pretty much inevitable that slip-ups will take place. As I'm sure you know. ^^

I suppose it depends on how much money you've got to blow. Because really, if the five levels are an obstacle to a better, cheaper bow, one can just hyper them at 80 if they have a nice big wallet. Of course, this means that you'll essentially be paying more to use the VL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have 9 base vitality and I`m pure build which grants me the "curse" to get aggro pretty well. I don't know, I just shared my point of view on the Soulsmasher, everyone has his ways of playing and I`m not going to force you to buy Soulsmasher, just sharing b:cute
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathVark - Raging Tide
    DeathVark - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just because CH:SS is not sellable, I am going with 2x-flawless +5 wind and clouds to 85, skipping the CS and straight to Broad Land - already got one rather cheap +5 (13MM on my server), but with 1 socket, (thank you for socket packs sale!) and will use that to 95, where I will get Heaven Shatterer. Going from 80-85 with Wind and Clouds maybe a bit stretchy, but I have -interval bracers (blood moon), that gives me a bit of an edge to compensate for that, I think.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just because CH:SS is not sellable, I am going with 2x-flawless +5 wind and clouds to 85, skipping the CS and straight to Broad Land - already got one rather cheap +5 (13MM on my server), but with 1 socket, (thank you for socket packs sale!) and will use that to 95, where I will get Heaven Shatterer. Going from 80-85 with Wind and Clouds maybe a bit stretchy, but I have -interval bracers (blood moon), that gives me a bit of an edge to compensate for that, I think.

I really wouldn't bother with HS. Resale value is **** atm due to R8 being a ****load better/cheaper when you think about the weapon + top you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I really wouldn't bother with HS. Resale value is **** atm due to R8 being a ****load better/cheaper when you think about the weapon + top you get.

sell to a sin. :P
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    TT60 weapon have sucky adds, better a mold till TT70 at least.

I chose spirit's breath, it was nice for a LVL70 weapon. Then to chained jail. So much DMG, and I try to do FF with the weapon... I keep stealing aggro as mobs hate me >_>. I guess its good for PVP though.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]