~My planned cleric/barb combo~

adinji
adinji Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cleric
So I thought about it, and after a year, I want to get back into playing perfect world, with some limitations. I like how it's so much easier now than then to get xp.

So, you've been playing all this time, maybe I can milk you for some info.

The next time a server comes out, I want to quest like I did in previous servers, but this time I want to be a little generous to myself and spend some money. My friend and I want to be a cleric and barb, but with these new classes coming out, I wonder if my 2 favorite ones will become obsolete. (I've only ever been a cleric, he's only ever been a barb)

- I want to know how people level 75+ use hyper xp stones to great efficiency.
-Are high vit clerics still useful using Blue bubble in rebirth/TT/frostcover?
-Is there really a big difference in healing skill if I take my vit a bit generously this time? (I also want to refine and hp/ p def shard as well)
-Do barbs ever do rebirth? I've never seen one I only ever did it with BMs
-Is there anything even more ridiculously easy than tideborn quests that PWI has come out with since I left?
-Is there any trustworthy way to trade items to people who play on multiple servers? (I have a lot of very expensive items from other servers and I don't care about them)

And let me see if I have this right:
Daily you do:
Crazy stone
3 BHs (or how ever many lol)
AoE grinding with hyper stones and archers

Am I missing something big or is this not so bad?
Post edited by adinji on

Comments

• Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hyper is best used in FF.

Stack the BH so u only have to do 1 run for all BH. Saves time and money. and u dont lose much XP/spirit if u do it early.

I have 40 vit and 20 dex (aded 15 by mistake)
    And I have newer hade any prob with my heals. And my HP is desent. 4k without buff from refine and shards.

BB is always usefull. But higer M.dam=higer heals. Can always get good rings adnrefine ure wep to get that up if u get higer vit.

What is easy? Tideborn was hard for me, blody boring. Made it hard to do:P

Newer done RB so cant answer that. And I have newer traded items betwen server so dont know anything about that.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • adinji
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, Newyn :)

(What the heck is 5aps?)
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    (What the heck is 5aps?)

please don't ask that!.
    there are a lot of people on these forums that are extremely touchy about it and will cry your ear off about it.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You don't need to worry about either class becoming obsolete. Mystic will not have a skill like BB/RB and it's heals will never equate to Ironheart. Seeker will be a DD, so it will not replace Barb as a tank.

Personally, I have 80 base Vit on my Cleric (97 with gear) and I can still heal just fine. Heals are enough that now I can just put a macro with IH and Wellspring on repeat and still heal just fine against most bosses I normally face. Really, I wouldn't suggest going above 100 base Vit, but I'd say at least put it up to 50. I just like Vit because it gives me a few extra hits I can take in case I need to heal someone and risk taking heal aggro.

As far as 5 APS goes, it basically is when a character has either fists or in an Assassin's case, daggers, and a lot of -interval gear which allows them to attack faster. With Demon spark, and enough -interval gear, they are able to get up to 5 attacks per second (APS), which makes them do insanely high damage. In general (this coming from an Assassin), it is OP. When you are able to kill a charmed 20k HP barb in PvP with his charm ticking only once, you have to admit it is completely OP.

Really, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is not really dealt with until high 9x levels, and once you reach that point, since you both will work together, you can just form a squad yourselves to do dungeons with other classes who have been left out in the cold.

As far as trading over servers goes, if you happen to go on Archosaur, you can PM me and I can give you the name of a friend who does. He might be able to give you advice on it.
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Of course you will need a barb for rebirth, and it is rebirth delta that actually matters for past map culti / tome fragment drops / BH100.

You're missing World AFK-PK there on the daily list
  • adinji
    edited February 2011
    Thank you Lucia and Clandore :)

Not that anyone would know this, but I wonder when the next server will come out, and whether it'll be PvP.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well I just restatted all of my vit out and i currently stand at close to 4.7k unbuffed hp, with over 12.5-12.8k magic attack. not too shabby i think

and yes, barbs are needed/wanted in rebirth (well thats what i see being asked for in WC) but with instances filled with bosses, such as Nirvana (level 100 dungeon) classes such as Blademasters and Assassins shine through. Mostly because many have 5 aps (five attacks per second with demon spark) which when combined with DG + Extreme poison + Amp + Mire + Cleric debuff + Devour, can lead to some serious DDing.. xD
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh