Hello! I will playing Perfect World for my Massively.com column.

Beauhind - Archosaur
Beauhind - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
..as per usual, I came on to the forums to let you know that I will be playing Perfect World for my Massively.com column Rise and Shiny over the next week. (Saturday to Friday night.) Here are the past columns. http://massively.joystiq.com/category/rise-and-shiny/

Anyway, there are a few things I clear up before hand, just in case.

1) This is not a review. We do not do reviews or ratings on Massively. I am doing a first impression, or even a preview. There is a difference between a test drive and owning a car for a month or more, the same difference exists between a first impression and achieving max level.

2) I let everyone know who I am simply because if someone wants to come show off high level content or give me a tour, they can. I used to remain anonymous to try and get a true newbie feel to the place, but players still found me from the column. I am not here trying to be some blank slate. I have a very strong opinion, and let others know that opinion. It's my job. One of the most important parts of my experience is to meet members of the community.

3) I have played everything out there, including Perfect World. It was a while ago.

My in game name is Beauhind on the Archosaur server, in case you wanna' come by and say hi. Since I work at my own pace/schedule, I will be in and out a lot.

Thanks for reading!

Beau
Post edited by Beauhind - Archosaur on

Comments

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You've picked probably the worst possible server for your tests.

Other than that, have fun.
    Packs World International
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You've picked probably the worst possible server for your tests.

Other than that, have fun.

Yes you did pick one of the worst servers...you should come to raging tides b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yea u should problably pick a more active server.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    why did you make the same thread AGAIN?
    edited January 2011
    why did you make the same thread AGAIN?

its different..ones about the expasion..this ones about gaming life
  • Hunnybunney - Harshlands
    Hunnybunney - Harshlands Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You know, at one time there was a massive ASCII art Middle Finger on this page....
    edited January 2011
    You know, at one time there was a massive ASCII art Middle Finger on this page....

i did not see that
    edited January 2011
    i did not see that

I hear the poster got a perm ban b:chuckle
    edited January 2011
    I hear the poster got a perm ban b:chuckle

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/LOL.jpglol
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ascii? hes very much on these forums

to the OP, i would probs pick Lost city, heavens tear or raging tide possibly to do this, archosaur is a very small populated server and wont get to much done me thinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited January 2011
    Ascii? hes very much on these forums

to the OP, i would probs pick Lost city, heavens tear or raging tide possibly to do this, archosaur is a very small populated server and wont get to much done me thinks.

I meant this type of ASCII b:sad
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_art
  • Kazunoko - Archosaur
    Kazunoko - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PvE is all the same. But to see the sea of cat-shops in Arch, or the bustling marketplace called the Auction House... yeah, a bigger server would be better.

To experience the "thrill" of PWI's PvP, you don't even have to log in to the game. Just follow me on my thought experiment for a moment...

You're all ready to go to war. You're living 1,000 years ago, so your weapon of choice will likely be a sword, a polearm, or maybe a crossbow. You'll probably have a shield, and your army might even have a catapult. You're wearing ring mail bound by leather. Good to go.

Your opponent has Comanche helicopters fitted with hellfire rockets and a .50 caliber machine gun with armor-piercing bullets.

The soldier from the dark ages is the average player in PWI. The helicopter is rank 9. That's pretty much the disparity that exists for the moment. b:chuckle
    Kazunoko: n. Herring roe, used in many common sushi recipes.

Wasabi: n. Kazunoko's pet tiger. b:chuckle
  • Kazunoko - Archosaur
    Kazunoko - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    On a more serious note, welcome. I look forward to reading your column! I've enjoyed the other columns you've written. Regnum Online looks pretty awesome; I think PWI would do well to incorporate some traits from that game into a future expansion.
    Kazunoko: n. Herring roe, used in many common sushi recipes.

Wasabi: n. Kazunoko's pet tiger. b:chuckle
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    I meant this type of ASCII b:sad
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_art

ohho, never new it was actually called ASCII, learn something new every day...well somtimes anyway :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    How can you not know that? don't you know anything???

*sorry pulled a Renza there...
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You picked the worst server and the "MOST" over-powered class.

Noone will be able to see you, you will basically dominate "all" Classes in A PvP(Player vs player) setting and a PvM Setting (Player vs. monster)
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Don't have an alt on the Archosaur server, so I won't get to see you. Hopefully you get a positive impression and manage to avoid the bigger trolls.

Have fun :D
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You started this thread hours ago and you are still lvl 1...... To test drive a car you still have to start it. b:laugh
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    come ta raging tide, make a female character, or a winged elf, and i'll fly ya all around the map if i got time. just whisper WhiteVodoo, FutureMistic, or FutureMystc ingame on raging tides server. most people are just gonna show the bad things, idk why they wanna trash the game they're playing, the only thing it would do is lower our population, it's ritarded. anyway, i'll show ya the good, the bad, and the ugly if ya log on raging tide, if i have time that day that is, i got school some days, but if i'm on, and i got time, i'll show ya around :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    How can you not know that? don't you know anything???

*sorry pulled a Renza there...

Well that was the biggest fail for some sort of *loligotyouback*response ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Your opponent has Comanche helicopters fitted with hellfire rockets and a .50 caliber machine gun with armor-piercing bullets.

The Comanche had a 20mm chain gun, not a .50 BMG. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited February 2011
    Well that was the biggest fail for some sort of *loligotyouback*response ever.

I lol'd.

At this one b:chuckle