Why Are They So Many 5aps Threads?

ResMePls - Heavens Tear
ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Why are they so many 5aps thre....Oh wait nvmb:surrender.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
Post edited by ResMePls - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tbh I have no idea. Creating a thousand threads on it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Why everybody thinks that their 5aps QQ thread will make a difference is beyond me.

Probably the same reason that people still make TW factions on Lost City. They think that their up and coming TW fac is somehow different.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's community feedback.

If the devs ignore it, people will eventually either 1) All go to some other, less broken, f2p game

OR

2) EVERYONE will roll a 5.0 Sin/BM, and everything will be extremely boring. Nubs will make an account, get to level 20, see NOTHING but cookie-cutter BM and Sin builds, go 'OH SNAPS!', and reroll.

And then, the seizure inducing sigs will all be right, PWI will be dead, and they can shut the servers off, wipe PWI off, and put more JD on them instead. b:sad
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2011
    And then, the seizure inducing sigs will all be right, PWI will be dead, and they can shut the servers off, wipe PWI off, and put more JD on them instead. b:sad

why would it shut all the servers down?

please explain to me how everybody that plays spending $500+ on -int gear somehow cause the company to close all the servers?

btw, everyone doesnt roll a 5aps to play it. They roll it to farm the gear for their real account, which they then spend money on to refine the armor.

So lets see; $500+ on an aps character, then another $500+ on refines.

We can argue the ethics (or lack thereof) of their marketing strategies, but at the end of the day you gotta hand it to em: they really know how to squeeze all the money out of the players.
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2) EVERYONE will roll a 5.0 Sin/BM, and everything will be extremely boring. Nubs will make an account, get to level 20, see NOTHING but cookie-cutter BM and Sin builds, go 'OH SNAPS!', and reroll.

Actually you are wrong.

2) Nubs will make an account, get to level 20, see NOTHING but cookie-cutter BM and sin builds, fail to find a group for BH that works because there are few to no clerics or real tanks left since the said 5 aps chars are going to oracle and frost their Alts and skip low level bh and as a result can't really level up, then go straight to your Step 1.
    edited January 2011

please explain to me how everybody that plays spending $500+ on -int gear somehow cause the company to close all the servers?

btw, everyone doesnt roll a 5aps to play it. They roll it to farm the gear for their real account, which they then spend money on to refine the armor.

We can argue the ethics (or lack thereof) of their marketing strategies, but at the end of the day you gotta hand it to em: they really know how to squeeze all the money out of the players.

Because there are people who spend money on the game other than just the 5.0's. And I know a lot of people who farmed, merched, or whatever, to get 5.0, or even R9.

Huge shifts to 5.0, like most of the player base, is going to start to kill off farming and merchant funding. You'll end up with a MUCH smaller player base, that ONLY cash shops, only has 5.0, and has to have a Cleric or Barb alt, to keep the game running.

It's destined for failure. nubs will ragequit, or worse, hyperoracle to endgame (well... like most of the current playerbase seems to have done), and we have a mass of twitch-killing op nubs who don't really know what they are doing on their char, and cash-shoppers who will be quitting because of all of the hyber n00bs who don't know what HF is (and don't even have it because they didn't bother getting axes because they're 5.0).

Either make casters fun to play, or you're gonna lose the game. I played a veno. It's been tabled for a BM and an Archer. It's useless in TW, even after spending $200 on a Nix, so I'm not going to bother. It's useless with R8 refined and a Nix. So I'm not gonna bother. I'll go R8 with good refines on my Archer for TW, or BM, and be happy with that. Veno will be for farming instead, because that's what they seem to be good at.

^^ And having players feel this way is why things need to change. You shouldn't have to re-roll just to remain useful. If you feel otherwise, you're just a troll, or don't understand a damn thing. And if you think this status-quo will last, stop kidding yourself. Devs will do something drastic to change things, and some people are going to quit, others will adapt, but either way, people are gonna be quitting, and caster classes are NOT going to be getting any more fun to play, I have a feeling. b:sad
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Tulipano - Archosaur
    Tulipano - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Sarrafeline was trying to put some preasure on the devs so maybe they would get afraid of lossing their game, i mean business, and change something and now you ruined it, you troll !b:shutup
    edited January 2011
    well it seems you need to quit.
    or use PWI as a chatroom, idc which.

Here's the thing; I'm a wizard. Worse dps in the game. Just not our thing, and for it we suck at killing bosses. Bad.

Now why do I not constantly QQ about my inability to get TT squads or w/e else? Because I understand the game mechanics.

I'm a wizard, TW is my thing. I can drop nukes and cata barbs faster and better than any other class, thats a fact. in4someonecontradictsmeforthesakeofdoingit

Your a veno. Dps isnt your thing. Soloing is. And even though you may not be the -best- money makers anymore, your still very good at what you do. A herc veno can solo a TT jus as well now as they could a year ago. Actually better, with your improved armor and weps.

And a blademaster/sin/archer (aka the dps classes) are going to be the best at boss killing. Period. That is their niche. That is what they do. Take that away, and they have nothing.

btw, things are looking positive for casters in the near future. The seeker class has an aoe buff that makes water, fire, and earth damage have a 50% higher chance to crit, which ofc means alot more dps.
    Will that one buff make us as OP as 5aps? Nope. But it will make magic classes a viable option.
    edited January 2011
    well it seems you need to quit.
    or use PWI as a chatroom, idc which.

Here's the thing; I'm a wizard. Worse dps in the game. Just not our thing, and for it we suck at killing bosses. Bad.

Now why do I not constantly QQ about my inability to get TT squads or w/e else? Because I understand the game mechanics.

I'm a wizard, TW is my thing. I can drop nukes and cata barbs faster and better than any other class, thats a fact. in4someonecontradictsmeforthesakeofdoingit

Your a veno. Dps isnt your thing. Soloing is. And even though you may not be the -best- money makers anymore, your still very good at what you do. A herc veno can solo a TT jus as well now as they could a year ago. Actually better, with your improved armor and weps.

And a blademaster/sin/archer (aka the dps classes) are going to be the best at boss killing. Period. That is their niche. That is what they do. Take that away, and they have nothing.

btw, things are looking positive for casters in the near future. The seeker class has an aoe buff that makes water, fire, and earth damage have a 50% higher chance to crit, which ofc means alot more dps.
    Will that one buff make us as OP as 5aps? Nope. But it will make magic classes a viable option.

I can't find FCC on Sanctuary. Hell, I can't even find Teles right now. 4 days ago, I was buying teles happily at 9.5k a pop, then poof, they're gone. Now teles are 14k and up. Tokens? 14k and up.

I wanted to TW, not solo. I did a half-assed TW build on my Veno. It was really great for FCC runs, because I could **** my charm and survive squad wipes, finish the mobs off, and stand there while the cleric went back to the entry and came to rez everyone. But it's not a good TW build, because the damage output is too low, even pure mage.

So I will use my Veno for soloing. But I have to restat, and that takes money. So the veno is going to the backburner for a while, and my Archer is my main now. And my veno will never see TW.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2011
    I can't find FCC on Sanctuary. Hell, I can't even find Teles right now. 4 days ago, I was buying teles happily at 9.5k a pop, then poof, they're gone. Now teles are 14k and up. Tokens? 14k and up.
    If you cant find an FC squad then that says alot about the server and you. I can round up a full FC squad in less than 5minutes unless I'm on at some odd hour.
    Teles went up because tokens are used to make teles. Tokens went up because packs arnt in the boutique anymore.
    Simple economics.
    I wanted to TW, not solo. I did a half-assed TW build on my Veno. It was really great for FCC runs, because I could **** my charm and survive squad wipes, finish the mobs off, and stand there while the cleric went back to the entry and came to rez everyone. But it's not a good TW build, because the damage output is too low, even pure mage.
    you made a veno...for TW? Since when were venos good for TW? As far as I'm concerned, a r9 +12 veno is as useful as a npc geared one, because they dont need good gear for chi transfer and amp...
    So I will use my Veno for soloing. But I have to restat, and that takes money. So the veno is going to the backburner for a while, and my Archer is my main now. And my veno will never see TW.
    Restat? to what? I've seen every build of veno solo instances, because your pet is going to do it.
    Some do HA so they can help the pet clear mobs and tank some hits.
    Other use AA so they can heal pet better for it to tank.
    and a select few use LA, because they are severely stupid.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you cant find an FC squad then that says alot about the server and you. I can round up a full FC squad in less than 5minutes unless I'm on at some odd hour.
    Teles went up because tokens are used to make teles. Tokens went up because packs arnt in the boutique anymore.
    Simple economics.
    They are in the boutique.

Shop->Packs

They just aren't on sale, and people seem to only now buy them if they are at a sale price. If PWI does another sale in a few days, expect tokens to drop to 10K again.

You are right though that it's simple economics. Always huge demand for tokens, short supply, result is high price.

As for topics about 5 APS, it's because the demand for APS is a bit overblown, but the forum QQing (which as we know is always highest over the game itself) over APS is much worse.
    edited January 2011
    Simple economics.

you made a veno...for TW? Since when were venos good for TW? As far as I'm concerned, a r9 +12 veno is as useful as a npc geared one, because they dont need good gear for chi transfer and amp...

Restat? to what? I've seen every build of veno solo instances, because your pet is going to do it.
    Some do HA so they can help the pet clear mobs and tank some hits.
    Other use AA so they can heal pet better for it to tank.
    and a select few use LA, because they are severely stupid.

I rolled my veno during open beta. b:bye I didn't want to re-roll from a class I enjoyed for endgame (heh, I've stopped enjoying it as much, due to the mass of stupidity on the forums, on the servers in general, and everywhere else related to PWI), but it appears I'm going to have to do so.

However... a friend of mine just peeked at the forums, looked in-game, went 'EWW!', and is buying me another MMO, and offered to pay for my account indefinitely, as long as I play. I may be quitting after all, and no more QQ about OP this, 5.0 that.

So... I could choose to play PWI, on characters I've worked hard on, that are becoming useless, by economics, devs that don't care, and a player base that is just plain stupid, or I could completely start over, play with friends I know, be in a guild of helpful people (honestly, I am already here X2), and explore a much better-rounded game where I don't have to spend $400 just to be accepted into endgame factions...

It's honestly a difficult decision. I'm taking some time off from PWI anyway because there's another game I want to play for a bit. I may come back, I may not. If 5.0 continues to be way more op compared to everything else, I very well will go to another MMO, ore even an FPSRPG, full time, for my entertainment needs.

If you want to nitpick this, feel free. I'll keep going back at you... But I may be leaving soon, and eventually, you'll just be a bored wiz farming limestone by yourself on the server...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2011
    I've stopped enjoying it as much, due to the mass of stupidity on the forums

This used to be an issue for me. I would read through the forums and all the issues of the game for hours. I was ready to quit, and was already searching for a new game.

But then i realized something.

Pretty much every problem on the forums didn't really affect me.

5aps? like i was getting into nirv/tt squads anyways.

TW nerf? I still get my pots/gear for free, just cuz I'm in a good fac.

pack sales? just means cheaper teles, hypers, mp, and hp for me.

OP gear? what difference does getting one shot by a +12 tt99 wep or a +2 r8 wep make to me?

All I'm saying is that you need to look at your own play style and what you do, and decide if YOU, not everyone on the forums, truly thinks this game is a lost cause.

If you do think it is, then move on. I wish you the best of luck and that this new game won't change into what this one has become, as pretty much all of them eventually do.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    servers shut down?.. silly

game will be same like now - but just moar:

-moar newcomer unfriendly

-you will need few alts to enjoy whole game content b:question

-moar polarized community (tight groups of rich toons and poor rest)

-moar QQ topcs (btw i predicted new wave of aps QQ 2 months ago but noone listen! sesh)

-even moar nubs from alt fc (btw why devs made exp loss on big level difference, if power leveling is allowed?)

-even moar tweakz topic showing you that yousuck as wizz, cause you dont have enough op friends to roll trophy mode in gold time (?)

-o, and moar trolls
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited January 2011
    This used to be an issue for me. I would read through the forums and all the issues of the game for hours. I was ready to quit, and was already searching for a new game.

ikr, noone wanted to inv 94 wizz to nirvana. selfish mofos

which fac on RTroll buys gear, charms and pots for all members? you are in rawrgh faction, dont you? ;)

true, now you just need to think up a way to earn for it..

OP gear? what difference does getting one shot by a +12 tt99 wep or a +2 r8 wep make to me?

yeah, i loled at those all suckers who bought r8 too. if they only knew it can be refined just up to +2...

All I'm saying is that you need to look at your own play style and what you do, and decide if YOU, not everyone on the forums, truly thinks this game is a lost cause.

good, meaningless keyword is always good

dont be angry, im just giving you advices how to troll better. you know, like from fellow troll to troll.

everyone was new at this once
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

edited January 2011

If you do think it is, then move on. I wish you the best of luck and that this new game won't change into what this one has become, as pretty much all of them eventually do.

Heh. I've rarely accepted the advice from people on the forums. People I know in-game, yes. People I know are smart, yes.

But there's something different now, I cant' really explain it. Kind of a 'this ship is going to sink' feeling, I guess.

I enjoy playing less than I did during open beta, by a long shot. PWE's new games interest me... Very little, if at all. I tried LoMA, and it does not suit my tastes.

So I'm going to save my money, and maybe get a new computer instead of charging gold for 5.0 gear, which was my plan until my friend offered to buy an MMO and unlimited subscription for me. Interval is addicting, but... I'd rather have something equivalent on my veno instead, because I spent more time and effort on that char than I'd care to repeat (hell, understanding the Gold Trading Guide during open beta took more effort than it requires to hyper oracle to level 60).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2011
    Heh. I've rarely accepted the advice from people on the forums. People I know in-game, yes. People I know are smart, yes.

But there's something different now, I cant' really explain it. Kind of a 'this ship is going to sink' feeling, I guess.

I enjoy playing less than I did during open beta, by a long shot. PWE's new games interest me... Very little, if at all. I tried LoMA, and it does not suit my tastes.

So I'm going to save my money, and maybe get a new computer instead of charging gold for 5.0 gear, which was my plan until my friend offered to buy an MMO and unlimited subscription for me. Interval is addicting, but... I'd rather have something equivalent on my veno instead, because I spent more time and effort on that char than I'd care to repeat (hell, understanding the Gold Trading Guide during open beta took more effort than it requires to hyper oracle to level 60).
    Personally I've felt that the ship is "sinking" since anni packs first came out but I guess if you look at the glass with a half-empty perspective the ship was sinking since the game came out of OBT -- but the game still worth playing. It's too much to ask on F2P MMO forums that people try and be pragmatic. Too easy and convenient to just whine.
    edited January 2011
    it would apply if ppl who QQ were those who suck at game..

however, many of those who complained, were pragmatic and successful players. they tried and tried... saw it from inside and didnt like direction, where pw is going

i really dont like what you try to imply - that supposedly, all those who whine are losers, who just want to be babysitted.

edited January 2011
    Pragmatic and successful players in-game.. being non-pragmatic on the forums..

Two different things.

Dunno why you say that people who suck in the game are the only ones who can irrationally whine ad nauseam on the forums. And what is the inside anyways? They actually went to PWI publisher in California or HQ in China and saw for their own selves how the company does it's business? This doesn't sound very pragmatic to me. It sounds like you making yourself look like you know more than you really do.

If we go only by the fact that PWI hasn't fixed a rather large chunk of bugs and and makes cash shop gear readily cheap for players, that might be something to be concerned about but flashy sigs and forum spam isn't going to do anything. No longer is it about being an irritated player or customer it's just a clique of lying current players or ex-players overreacting to things that F2P MMO's do and unable to move on from a game they are so long dissatisfied with. It doesn't matter how well they know how to play their class or merchant, non-pragmatic choices is still non-pragmatic choices.

There's no need to make your own presumptions of what I imply when I'm not passive aggressive and I'm fairly sure I get the point across without any help of someone implying other things.
    edited January 2011
    inside - from player perspective, who saw this and that and dont just QQ outta blue, but nvm you meant something else..

and that pw nerf ability to farm is a fact..

i.e. real devastating influence of APS on game is oversaturation of market with cheap mats, to the point, when farming instances is profitable for APS players only.

it is not a lie...

there will be always QQ about it.. every new player who hit 100 will notice APS problem, and eventually come here to whine about it. no surprise there..

and non-pragmatic would be if i still play and QQ, even if i know nothing will change..

if pointing out game flaws on forums is 'non-pragmatic' somehow, then i guess that defending it is 'non-pragmatic' as well..

edited January 2011
    Personally I've felt that the ship is "sinking" since anni packs first came out but I guess if you look at the glass with a half-empty perspective the ship was sinking since the game came out of OBT -- but the game still worth playing. It's too much to ask on F2P MMO forums that people try and be pragmatic. Too easy and convenient to just whine.

IMO, everything was fine and fun after open beta. It was fine 6 months after, when I quit, because all of my friends left PWI, and I wasn't smart enough to join a faction.

I've seen a lot of people quit... Who had really good gear, were at endgame, had lots of coins, had done everything once on their endgame character's class. People quitting from factions that dominated the TW map.

They may not be QQing on the forums, or making 'goodbye, forgetful world' posts, but... They're gone. And those were some of the cash shoppers, the farmers, the people who are the bread and butter for PWI, and partly where I'm getting the 'this ship is sinking' feeling from regarding this game, and my future involvement in it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    because you touch yourself at night
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why are there so many topics about 5aps topics? Oh well... Let's try and keep the existing ones without posting any new ones.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.