Endgame Strenght for barb

AurinsTNK - Sanctuary
AurinsTNK - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Barbarian
So yesterday i hit the 300 strenght mark. As i read on some guides, this should be the endgame str for a barb. My question is, should i go over the 300 str or from now on just dump everything on vit?
Btw, i am a Demon barb, and don't plan going PvP nor claws, went Demon just to boost my dmg a little while still being able to tank. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by AurinsTNK - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well first of all, I would personally ask what your vit and dex are at this point.

Other than that it seems a bit low(?) at least from what I've heard from traditional demon axe barbs. 286-304 is about my range personally on str, and i'm not built for damage. I have about 255-243 vit but thats just me personally.

Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • AurinsTNK - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    sorry, should have posted my stats. With equips i have 215 vit, 300 str, 61 dex, and 3 mag.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I've been thinking about this alot lately. The amount of vitality you want is "no more than you need." But you never know how much you'll "need." 90+ BMs realize their damage is too awesome and they're expected to tank but have put everything into DD and nothing into vitality. They then want to know how much vit they should have. No more than they need, the rest into str for DD. Clerics want to survive endgame and add to vit but still want the most healing power. They want to add no more than they need. Barbs are having so much trouble in this game with aggro a little extra DD ability is usually more important than a little extra vitality.

To put it another way. If you had 40k hp and your hp never goes below 23k, then you have 22,999 more hp than you need. It's wasted. So, in your opinion, whats the minimum amount of vitality you need? Do you still feel you need more? Or would help with aggro be a better use of your stats?

This isn't the same if you are a cata puller.

Edit: I think the endgame pve ideal is stats into strength and shards and refines make your hp. This means having endgame gear first, before your stat away your hp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • AurinsTNK - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    i know what you mean Sakubatou. I have 15.162 HP buffed tiger, i don't think its awesome but it's been working well in everything i tryed lately. These past times, after i got my 90 set, there wasnt anything that i couldn't do because of lacking the HP necessary. But if i want to go over the 300 str, should i still use the 3 str 2 vit per level, or maybe 4 str 1 vit per level? Do you have any suggestions?
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I guess it depends on what your end game weapon will be. Whether it be dual axes, polehammer, poleblade, etc.

I guess being Vit build myself, I don't see the need for that much strength. I'm just addicted to HP b:surrender
  • AurinsTNK - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    i already have the ashura of purgatory waiting for me, it can possibly my endgame, but i might try to get wheel of warfog.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i would dump everything in vit. adding more str would be useless. and dex will only increase accuracy which shouldn't really be a problem anyways unless you do a lot of dueling or pking. but even then u have skills that never miss.

your stats are good. now you can finally do what us barbs have really wanted to do since lvl1..

pump 5 vit every lvl XD
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    personally at 100 my own base stats are 300 STR, 60 DEX, 175 VIT, 5 MAG. If I ever cap out at 105 (which i could easily do in maybe a month by solo hypering an hour each day in OVS) I'd most likely dump the next 25 points into STR for extra damage output. My hp is already over 16k in demon true form / demon bki with my current gears and that's enough for anything PvE honestly. I can pull delta just fine even uncharmed - haven't been 1k'd in a long time if things go wrong. I can tank world bosses just fine (even did so about 10 levels ago with only 13-14k ish hp in tiger form).

that extra 25 could-be-vitality can be just about made up by getting your hands on a couple vit stones. but do you really need that insane of a build if you aren't catapulling or doing PvP? whatever floats your boat i suppose.

ive personally come close to killing a 5.0 sage assasin with full vit stones with my current build, actually would have if they weren't charmed (or maybe if i was as well ?) had them down to maybe 100 hp before their charm ticked and i died soon after.. anywho - the point to that being: the lack of raw damage output saddens me and id be more inclined to work on both hp and strength. I'm personally thinking HP from shards/refines and damage output from additional str as well as weapon refines and shards. ie.. there is far more armor to refine and shard for hp than there are weapons you can wear at once for attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i would dump everything in vit. adding more str would be useless. and dex will only increase accuracy which shouldn't really be a problem anyways unless you do a lot of dueling or pking. but even then u have skills that never miss.

your stats are good. now you can finally do what us barbs have really wanted to do since lvl1..

pump 5 vit every lvl XD

You mean what we all have wanted to do since level one is replace all vit with refines and shards and pump strength for crazy spike dmg, right? b:dirty
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory