problem with fps

Harlyu - Archosaur
Harlyu - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Support Desk
Hi i was wondering if anyone will be able to help me at all or if anyone else is having a similar problem to me.

While playing perfect world my fps will be fine at 20-30 fps however a few minutes later the fps drops as low as 5. ive tried playing the game on lower graphics settings but i still get the same problem. while this is happening the latency is always at a fine level and the max its spiked to was 1200 and that was only momentarily.

ive tried looking throught other posts to see if there is any solutions at all but was unable to find anything so if anyone can offer some help or advice it would be much appreciated thank you cause i really love this game so much :)
Post edited by Harlyu - Archosaur on

Comments

• Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    A lot of people seem to have the same problem, try checking your graphic cards as well as your Direct3D, Divx, and Remember to delete your cookies and temp internet files.

This might help your game play slightly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Harlyu - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    my computer specs are:

processor: Genuine Intel (R)CPU T1600 1.66ghz dual core
    RAM: 2Gb
    32bit operating system (Windows vista home premium service pack 2)
    Graphics card : Mobile Intel(R) 4 series Express Chipset Family
    And my directx version is directx11
    my divx is up to date and direct 3d is enabled and also all drivers are up to date

my computer isnt the best i know and im not looking to run on full graphics but just want a steady fps so that i can enjoy playing this game without worrying about not being able to do something at a crucial point because of the fps.
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thanks Winddagger. Harlyu you can also try going to properties (right click the game icon)
    Click tab "Compatibility" > Click box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" >
    choose Windows Vista (SP 2) > click box "Run this program as an administrator"

Since you're using a multi-core processor, you may have to change the Affinity settings for the processor to run the game better.

To do this, start the game and then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. In the processes tab, find elementclient.exe or Game.exe. Right-click on it with your mouse and choose "Set Affinity," then uncheck one of the cores.

You may have to do this every time you start the game if you cannot set it permanently through any CPU optimizing software that you have installed on your PC.

If you are using an AMD processor, they have an optimization and processor drivers here:

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

You can check your CPU manufacturer's website to see if they have one available for your model and make of CPU.

Please note this only applies to PWE's MMO games.

If you need further assistance diagnosing your issue feel free to open a ticket.

Thanks.
  • Harlyu - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    I have tried running it with only one cpu however it does not make any difference to the fps and my processor is stated above and is not an amd and i dont think it can be overclocked or i just dont know how to b:chuckle i have also tried lowering reolutions and also tied playing in windowed mode but it is still the same problem.
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I have tried running it with only one cpu however it does not make any difference to the fps and my processor is stated above and is not an amd and i dont think it can be overclocked or i just dont know how to b:chuckle i have also tried lowering reolutions and also tied playing in windowed mode but it is still the same problem.

Okay, well what Ozimov stated above will actually work if you try using the steps.

But if you can not do it, or if you still have trouble's with the program, contact your nearest Tech.store i.e Best Buy or Future Shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...