3.0aps+ equals frustrated barb.

2»

Comments

• Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I will say that this post strengthened my conclusion that you feel out of place when not tanking, with some of your examples being of the fantasy of fantasy games type, heroism and saving the day stuff, and that someone must report to you if they are gonna end up tanking.

absolutely correct WHEN I'm on my barb AND I'm the designated tank I assume thats what I'm there for, else why ask for my class?
    I doubt thats a bad thing as isn't that why we made our class in the first place?b:pleased

if I have to "save the day" and I'm not "tanking" that doesn't bother me, infact I"m glad I have the ability to do so well. Again, thats why I made that char.

as far as "reporting to me" no, thats not why I strongly prefer the "tank, tank" It's so everyone knows whats going on. It's annoying as hell to ep's when they have to keep switching heals every 2 second's cause tanks are going ping-pong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    absolutely correct WHEN I'm on my barb AND I'm the designated tank I assume thats what I'm there for, else why ask for my class?
    I doubt thats a bad thing as isn't that why we made our class in the first place?b:pleased

if I have to "save the day" and I'm not "tanking" that doesn't bother me, infact I"m glad I have the ability to do so well. Again, thats why I made that char.

as far as "reporting to me" no, thats not why I strongly prefer the "tank, tank" It's so everyone knows whats going on. It's annoying as hell to ep's when they have to keep switching heals every 2 second's cause tanks are going ping-pong.
    By EP you mean cleric, right? I don't really follow much the acronym's of other versions.

I agree with much of your post. I do. I wish they would make significantly greater the threat level barb aggro skills do. On the other hand, at your level a cleric is without a doubt used to the aggro switching especially if they do Nirvana -- they learn how to watch the squad list for people's HP to drop (even though the squad list reports the HP bar slightly behind). In fact I would venture a very easy guess that especially on a competitively geared server such as yours, that you rarely end up tanking things involving 100+ squads, most of that coming from rebirth, 3-2/3-3, or BH fire.

I would say that despite disagreeing somewhat with the mentality you have, that we both have similar agendas, which is for them to modify barbs aggro skills which have become less and less effective over time.
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm kinda a frustrated barb right now.
    I"m pure tank. ( no i wont' restat so don't bother asking ), I"m sage, why sage? cause i have much more HP / dmg then demon. As tank I can't rely on "IF" i crit. I must be consistent.

LOL, im a demon 100 barb. Im still pure tank, but I plan on going claw soon. having massive hp doesnt do ANYTHING if you cant hold aggro. Demon tanks attack FULL which is why i went demon, fresh ream i attack FASTER than sage, so i only hold 16.2k at 100 because my junk is only +3 and axes +4, but I could keep aggro over you.
    put more str in, and realize its not all about hp and maybe youll stand a chance, but not against aps with pwi only giving us ream and roar and genies alhpa male. thus why, has the invention of claw barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    LOL, im a demon 100 barb. Im still pure tank, but I plan on going claw soon. having massive hp doesnt do ANYTHING if you cant hold aggro. Demon tanks attack FULL which is why i went demon, fresh ream i attack FASTER than sage, so i only hold 16.2k at 100 because my junk is only +3 and axes +4, but I could keep aggro over you.
    put more str in, and realize its not all about hp and maybe youll stand a chance, but not against aps with pwi only giving us ream and roar and genies alhpa male. thus why, has the invention of claw barbs.

Sage tiger is only 10% weaker then demon, yet we hit 35% harder overall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sage tiger is only 10% weaker then demon, yet we hit 35% harder overall

I assume you mean Sage v Demon strength of the titans when you say 35% harder overall. I would like to remind you that it's an additional 35% of weapon atk, NOT overall damage. Even with that 35% attack, I would bank that it can't compare to a demon barb of same build that has demon strength of the titans and demon onslaught. That crit bonus from onslaught is just insane and other than my level 11 hp buff, is far and away the best demon skill I ever picked up.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Demons spike harder than Sage. Sage can be nice, but you need alot of $$$ to make it so.

Demon is just a shortcut to it, but also provides very nice benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I assume you mean Sage v Demon strength of the titans when you say 35% harder overall. I would like to remind you that it's an additional 35% of weapon atk, NOT overall damage. Even with that 35% attack, I would bank that it can't compare to a demon barb of same build that has demon strength of the titans and demon onslaught. That crit bonus from onslaught is just insane and other than my level 11 hp buff, is far and away the best demon skill I ever picked up.

maybe a referance to sage titans (sage 50% phys attack instead of demon 40%)
    AND
    sage a/h mastery (100% increase sage > 75% increase demon)

b:surrender
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    maybe a referance to sage titans (sage 50% phys attack instead of demon 40%)
    AND
    sage a/h mastery (100% increase sage > 75% increase demon)

b:surrender

That`s why I got what, 5 sage barbs I can ask for sage titans, when I need it =). Demon passives are honestly bad, so are buffs, rest on other hand, demon rocks. The aoe damage is lot stronger on demon, 1 target damage too due more crit buffs than you can count, etc. I think that the most OP skill in this whole game is demon sunder, large aoe, 100% crit, heals you instantly, gives hot. Oh, that`s not all, just chain that skill, the 6s 100% crit, with demon arma, you`ll se bigger numbers than wizzies do =/. I always giggled on Zulusive vs Nemesis TWs when I could run into robe squads and 1shot them, literally dropping 10 robes with my sunder. Perfect example was, tested my arma with fufu, to see how hard I`ll hit him, for the fun of it(after my claw restatting). He had to be in BB as my sunder oneshot him w/o, so much trouble to just see how hard my low hp arma would hit =(.

And actually to numbers, Demon poison fang 50%, sage 40%. The main difference is, you cannot get demon poison fang from demon barbs, like you could get titans from sages =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yeah....there's terminology confusion in this thread.
    Since when does 'tank' = 'barb'
    It doesn't. You clearly see this in WC spams. When a squad wants a 'tank', they say 'tank' and will take whoever can hold aggro and survive. When they want a barb specifically, for delta or whatever, they specify 'barb'.

As far as the frustration of the OP, you know what you need to do to fix it. You know because you clearly said that you refuse to restat....when restatting is really your only option. Unless you want to tear the game code open and rewrite barb aggro skills, you're simply not going to hold it.
    This is no fault of the players, its the game mechanics. I have a 90's barb myself, and yeah its frustrating at times that my archer here can tank a lot of the same stuff, and better. The game changed and you need to too.
    Archers = dead was popular too. I enjoy ranged DD, but restatted Deicides 5.0 so I could do both as needed.
    Barbs are no different. Restat for fists/claws and use as needed. Noones saying you MUST use them all the time. But you'd be ready for either situation. You still have your tiger form skills and traditional barb usage in places like Delta or for when your squad isn't full of r8/r9 5.0 classes. Make yourself versatile, instead of being obviously closed minded and limiting yourself to the point you yourself said is frustrating . Suck it up, and make yourself more useful as both tank and DD and get the best of both worlds.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok ty for telling us barb that u ruined ur class with claws but dont tell me or ather barb who dont want claw 2 use them.

u urself said so its game mechanic but dont expect everyone 2 fallow this moronic trend of urs.

barb can just look for no aps partys and still we usefull as main tank off with this aps hipeb:shutup
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok ty for telling us barb that u ruined ur class with claws but dont tell me or ather barb who dont want claw 2 use them.

u urself said so its game mechanic but dont expect everyone 2 fallow this moronic trend of urs.

barb can just look for no aps partys and still we usefull as main tank off with this aps hipeb:shutup
    lol even without non aps people you wont be tanking.

Good luck tanking when every archer has a rank 8 weapon.

And lol @ "moronic trend" you think what you want, I'll enjoy soloing bosses faster than your entire squad deals with them, with less charm ticks than you would get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Desensitized - Sanctuary
    Desensitized - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why not just have the aps classes take aggro and keep it? They obviously want it with their "haha me stealz aggro" comments. Saves barb repair bills anyways b:victory Besides lots are just jealous that we can turn into a fluffy *** cat and attract all the girls we want.
  • kingkongdong
    kingkongdong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If someone steals aggro, let them have it and die. Then they'll learn. Otherwise, just join the ranks of veno, archer and wiz. They're all pretty much useless too. And if you're only added to a squad for the buffs, GREAT! Let someone else pay the repair costs and have their hp charm wrecked. And as far as barbs being useless or unnecessary, count up the number of times in a day some squad is in need of a barb for FF, then count the number of FF squads desperate for an archer or a wiz. Because the game is free, new stuff and characters HAVE to be bigger, better and faster to keep ppl interested...and spending $. I'm a barb too, but only because I like being a barb. I've done bm and cleric as well. Couldn't get back to my barb fast enuf. And if I reached lvl 105 tomorrow and couldn't go any higher, I'd just go around helping others because I like playing the char. If you love what you do, not much else matters.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    lol even without non aps people you wont be tanking.

Good luck tanking when every archer has a rank 8 weapon.

And lol @ "moronic trend" you think what you want, I'll enjoy soloing bosses faster than your entire squad deals with them, with less charm ticks than you would get.

Just ignore him, he`s obviously sage and they hate clawbarbs, more than they hate anything else in the whole game I bet, it`s kinda absurd tbh. No offence but only ones who dislike my clawbuild are sage barbs, you get called fail etc due your lowish hp "let me shot how it`S done" comments, etc. I still giggle when on FC those sages want full and I`m only doing till heads and go to another FC, get to heads and wonder if that squad finished yet.

You forgot, archers with lunar bows will take aggro too, as long as those bows are well refined. Due rank sales, every single server is flooding with those bows, getting one aint that expensive, so the ones who cant afford R8 got well refined lunar bow, poteto potato on axebuild barb perspectiveb:chuckle
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Just ignore him, he`s obviously sage and they hate clawbarbs, more than they hate anything else in the whole game I bet, it`s kinda absurd tbh. No offence but only ones who dislike my clawbuild are sage barbs, you get called fail etc due your lowish hp "let me shot how it`S done" comments, etc. I still giggle when on FC those sages want full and I`m only doing till heads and go to another FC, get to heads and wonder if that squad finished yet.
    I dislike claws itself, not something I`d want to wield as a barb, yet the way game is atm, claws simply offer too much for me to pass em. So guess I joined the darkside, I dont like it but I prefer it over the alternative.

You dislike claws yourself and you dislike ppl who dislike claws? or is it only sage barbs? get a grip!!!

Well im sage and I dislike ppl who make lame assumptions about other classes. I like ppl who know how to play their class and understand the upsides and downsides of the built they make; That being the clawbarb who wanna make coin in pve or the sage barb who wanna pull cata for their faction, the claw archer who wanna make coin pve or the full dex archer who wanna fully utilize their dmg for pvp/tw.

Why do 90% of this forum always have to end up in a war between sage/demon/claw/axe and ppl making assumptions about how other ppl play and think meanwhile they throw in all kinda of rubbish talk in there?

Fact: The main money making instances in the game is nirvana and 3-3 and a clawbuilt have an easier time making money there.

That does not mean that every other built who focus on other aspects of the game are fail. Some builts are better at some of the things but none are better at all of the things.

Stop blaming ppl for making sins or going claw! They are merely taking advantage of a game that is evolving in a way that is unbalacing mainly pve.

Good luck to all the barbs out there.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    You dislike claws yourself and you dislike ppl who dislike claws? or is it only sage barbs? get a grip!!!

Well im sage and I dislike ppl who make lame assumptions about other classes. I like ppl who know how to play their class and understand the upsides and downsides of the built they make; That being the clawbarb who wanna make coin in pve or the sage barb who wanna pull cata for their faction, the claw archer who wanna make coin pve or the full dex archer who wanna fully utilize their dmg for pvp/tw.

Why do 90% of this forum always have to end up in a war between sage/demon/claw/axe and ppl making assumptions about how other ppl play and think meanwhile they throw in all kinda of rubbish talk in there?

Fact: The main money making instances in the game is nirvana and 3-3 and a clawbuilt have an easier time making money there.

That does not mean that every other built who focus on other aspects of the game are fail. Some builts are better at some of the things but none are better at all of the things.

Stop blaming ppl for making sins or going claw! They are merely taking advantage of a game that is evolving in a way that is unbalacing mainly pve.

Good luck to all the barbs out there.

No, it`s sadly a fact. When I play, my squad likes my claw build, every single time `cept when there is sage barb in squad. A lot of them hate claw barbs, it`s not some assumption, it`s something I have experienced. I honestly dislike claws myself, I just restatted to them as they offer too much for me to pass, I wish axebuild barb wouldnt be as far behind clawbarb PvE wise as it is atm. I honestly like clawbarbs in squad, I just wish I hadn`t had that many reasons to become one myself, yet with current game mechanics I got no regrests over restatting.

But would the aggro issues be fixed, I wouldnt restat out of claws, not unless aps were nerfed. Right now instances go so much faster than they went before, difference is quite absurd. But I would like to do more with my barb than simply spark and auto-attack, yet not taking that huge adventage would be pretty stupid on my part. Oh well, making small example, cause I can expect some comments coming. Taking long route, with nice things to look at during the way would be kewl, but if you could take shortcut, not as pretty, finish 3x faster, I wouldnt take the long route.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Even if the aggro mechanics were changed I still don't think barbs would be tanking.

Because, if that BM over there can tank AND do a ton of damage, why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."