Can a clreic get paid??

Options
Severos - Raging Tide
Severos - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
as a cleric i found that we need much more money than other classes to learn skills
especially that most our skills are for hepling others
so can a cleric get paid for fb bh TT FC and other things??
hope i post it in the right place.
on a side not if you see this girl tell me [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<.<
Post edited by Severos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• fatestayjedi
    fatestayjedi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You could ask your squad to let you keep all the DQ items which sell for decent money.Or just ask people who are willing to give you the item if they get it.

If a team needs a cleric you could ask them to pay you for helping but in most cases if the players aren't rich they'll just give you the finger and will try to find another cleric.But some people who are searching for a cleric for a long time now might be willing to pay you to finally start the bh.
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Um... well I do sometimes see WC squads advertising to paying certain classes like a barb or cleric to do TT/FCC/delta/etc.

Nevertheless, you're not the only one with costs. You could always try asking to get paid... lol but I doubt it's going to go well, unless the squads is VERY desperate.

& In TT you already get paid your mat share.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if it is a long TT,FB (or even FC where everyone is hypering) run where the cleric dying would be a pain for everyone since they have to run back from town to rez people, then asking for cost of a rez scroll in advance wouldnt be over the top for cleric costs. other than that if everyone else is DDing to full potential they all have costs on a par with cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as a cleric i found that we need much more money than other classes to learn skills
    You're Level 53... Skills you get near that level:

Stream of Rejuvenation L49: 37,600 Spirit; 49,600 Coin
    Exhalted Renewal L53: 48,160 Spirit; 64,000 Coin
    Chromatic Seal L49: 47,000 Spirit; 62,000 Coin
    Tempest L59: 87,000 Spirit; 120,000 Coin

Blademaster
    Fissure L49: 47,000 Spirit; 62,000 Coin
    Heaven's Flame L59: 87,000 Spirit; 120,000 Coin

Wizard
    Glacial Snare L49: 47,000 Spirit; 62,000 Coin
    Blade Tempest L59: 87,000 Spirit; 120,000 Coin

Archer
    Sharpened Tooth L49: 47,000 Spirit; 62,000 Coin
    Barrage of Arrows L59: 87,000 Spirit; 120,000 Coin

Barbarian
    Bestial Onslaugh L49: 47,000 Spirit; 62,000 Coin
    Sunder L59: 87,000 Spirit; 120,000 Coin

I have a hard time buying your argument that our skill costs are so much higher than those of other classes that we should be compensated for the difference.
    especially that most our skills are for hepling others so can a cleric get paid for fb bh TT FC and other things??
    Clerics skills are geared towards helping others which works well, especially when other classes have skills that allow them to tank or to deal damage, which frankly clerics are not great at. Would you prefer to solo everything as a cleric? When you say you want to get paid, you're saying that your costs are higher than everyone else's, but unless you've played all the other classes it's hard to argue that successfully.

Why shouldn't the barb and damage-dealers also get compensation for their skill costs? Barbs have high repair bills becaue they're tanking and taking so much damage, but they can handle the damage and keep everyoen else alive. Archers burn through arrows like gasoline on fire... shouldn't they be compensated for that, especially if they use expensive arrows that deal extra damage so the boss dies faster and you have to heal less often and the tank takes less total damage? Should the herc-veno that's amplifying everyone's damage and often tanking to save the barb a high repair bill also get compensated? After all she spent $183 USD equivalent on a single pet so that the barb can deal damage instead of tank and if he's DDing the boss dies faster and everyone spends less, right?

Be proud of your class and bear the costs that come with it without complaint; don't become one of those scumbags that demands money to do your job... that makes you a prostitute and the squad can always find another cleric that's not such a ho-bag (barbs are harder to find as there's less and less incentive to even play one). :p

P.S. If you're so concerned about costs, do some research on the most profitable class and re-roll. -_^
  • fatestayjedi
    fatestayjedi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    @Thelas_Carr I don't think that what he means by more money and spirit to learn skills is to what the last new skills costs are.Clerics need to max MANY skills.Plus you need the pricey aoe buffs after you've maxed your 4buffs.While keeping your healing skills updated.

So overall i agree that clerics aren't the only ones with high cost skills and stuff but clerics are more pricey than some classes.And i know we are all struggling with money and spirit while mid lvls but if the guy wants to ask for money let him do it.What prevents you from doing the same? b:pleased
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

To be blunt NO as we got to get through the game as well so why should we be snoty about as if we already got bad attitude about this.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't believe any class should be paid for anything. If someone is desperate and offers it, sure why not. But demanding a fee like many barbs do? My usual response: "lol gtfo."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't really think we should be paid specifically, either...I mean, clerics are always in demand, so it shouldn't be hard to run TTs for profit.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't think anyone should get paid, just like most here have stated before me. The class isn't that expensive, or at least as expensive as some people want it to be. Every class has their costs, sure some have more than others, but my costs on pots and skills isn't anything at all compared to one of my barb friends. I made my cleric fully knowing that I would lack spirit to get my skills at times, I would have to get pots or charms and such as, but really, for me the cleric is worth it and I don't think I should get paid for something I adore doing, needless of how many pots I manage to burn through on one run and that 90% of the skills I level are skills that will help others more than me. And really, I find it being far cheaper than a lot of people wants it to be.

Anyway, you can get paid, but most people disagree with it and will find another cleric. Sure, it's a high demand of us, but we're far from the rarest class in game.

EDIT: Only time I do take pay is tele fees if I to tele half across the map to rezz someone if they are to busy to wait for me flying half across the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Clerics sorta have it bad, but have you ever seen a barb's repair bill? They're the ones that need extra cash imo...
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Short of money? Go grind.

I spare you no sympathy.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    In my experience, clerics actually have it cheaper than almost any class. The problem is we have alot of skills to buy earlier on, and people expect (demand) us to have those, so there is no option of waiting to get a skill. I've seen skill cost break downs (before and after sage/demon) and I think cleric has the least or second least costs for skills.

Clericing used to be more expensive when event packs were rare and mp food was 2-4 times what it cost now (about 2.3k each if I remember right.) But that issue was more the cost of mp food than skills.

One other "problem" with barbs and clerics is we are always in demand in squads so we level from dungeon runs more than from quests in grinding. If I hop on my psychic I prolly won't get pm'd "Hey! we need a psychic for our squad" so instead I'll go grind, quest, and earn coin. If I hop on my cleric I get instant FCC/TT run invites. TT has its costs, FCC causes you to level and require new skills or new gear.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Short of money? Go grind.

I spare you no sympathy.

Or merchant b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Flying_Flash - Sanctuary
    Flying_Flash - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've never asked for money to do my job.

Shoot, in squads we are always the ones that stand back and heal for the most part which = no to minimal repair costs. The only thing you really need is a stockpile of mp food which you won't even use all that often unless you're in BB a lot.

Granted if I help out in a bh that I don't need, don't expect me to help pay for the wine lol

I will say it is kind of tricky in the earlier levels though. I maxed my skills out at each level and it can be a pain.

However, if you learn to AoE grind on poison mobs, thats where your cash really comes in. Minimal repair costs and you get pure profit from DQ drops and everything. Something a lot of other classes won't see.
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Only time I ask for something in return, is when a dd wants to "tank" in which it'll usually cost me a lot of pots, so I ask for something to compensate that.
  • _Fuzz_ - Lost City
    _Fuzz_ - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

LMFAO!!! i will say this once, please remamber it. Clerics have the LEAST costly skills IN THE GAME. . . you can breath now.

the only way another class would pay less is if they half ***'d on buying their skills.

most the skills you use are in the lvl 29 and under range and thats pretty much all your skills there.

the only reason clerics look like they have alot of skills is all the skills that max out at lvl 1, those are 1/10 the price of a lvl 10 equivalent skill.

btw: lvl 59 skills cost the most and clerics only have 1, tempest. they use it maybe once in a blue moon in pvp. pve wize its a waste unless you solo aoe grind( clerics job is to keep ppl buffed and alive, don;t like it, reroll )

the only area i agree w/ in paying clerics would be if they die and use a res scroll. they should get payed by the squad for it. i personal pay my clerics if they use one in a frost.

one thing to add, clerics have the most mp consumption in the game. to deal with that, get demon celestial gaurdians seal, or sage spirits gift. and the faster the run the less mp you use(massive DD ftw).
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Only time I ask for something in return, is when a dd wants to "tank" in which it'll usually cost me a lot of pots, so I ask for something to compensate that.

DD tanking means everyone, even the barb can go all out which means the boss will die quicker. This should actually mean less mp usage, unless you preplan and had to WS, WS, then start IH stack. Most DDs prefer bb anyways, though, which costs even less mp than stacking IH.

Edit: To OP. Some people will spam WC for a cleric to rez them at so-and-so coordinates. This is about the only time I'd ask for coin. I never ask for coin to heal and FCC, but will take it if its offered. I even consider GAs and rez scrolls part of my expenses. Afterall, my BM carries them if I die and I'll sometimes use them in emergencies, like if I see a squad wipe coming because the barb and I both die and someone needs to get up and become the tank. I wouldn't then charge my cleric for my rez scroll. I will give some coin if it was blatently my fault and I do something stupid that causes them to die and use a rez (misclick and attack a mob, or not watching were I'm running...) but not for the normal hazards of the game.

I suppose setting up outside someplace like TT and offering buffs for some coin would be reasonable, then offering to rez for coin if they die and pm you.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i rented myself out to a high level sin (my sis) after hitting lvl 59

3 months of my time spent bb'ing whenever she asked me to in exchange for unlimited pl. mp charms I spent in instances, tp coin, skill coin, and good gear upgrades every 10 lvls until 90. i still had time to do all 3 of my bhs everyday i played so I lvled up like every1 else.

i get charms, pots, gear, and coin most clerics my lvl doesnt have without a main acc backing them up. She gets 100% profit from any instance she runs without needing to split and she REALLY learns aggro. i get an endgame sin I can call on for help and she gets an on-call cleric for whenever she needs 1.

Just an idea for how to make money as a cleric (or...not make money, but still come out rich lol)
    our class is pretty expensive early on, but it gets a lot easier later. We're fine with a little chan gear and decent stuff. its just the ppl who want 4/5 aps that youll be crying for lol
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Being a cleric canbe really cheap, just like in any other class ... Just don't try to hard doing your part.
    If you do your best though, and make an effort even when things look bad, it gets costly very fast.both in coins and experience.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    DD tanking means everyone, even the barb can go all out which means the boss will die quicker. This should actually mean less mp usage, unless you preplan and had to WS, WS, then start IH stack. Most DDs prefer bb anyways, though, which costs even less mp than stacking IH.

You misunderstood. Hence why I quoted tank. Sometimes the barb/tank will disconnect, or have to leave, and we cant find someone else to tank it. So a sin or a low level bm we're squaded with will ask whether they can have a go at tanking it, that's when I ask for money or pots because it takes longer without a good barb/tank and plus I use a lot more mp trying to keep them alive.