Herb Yuanxiao?

Seylia - Heavens Tear
Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
edited February 2011 in The Crafting Nook
I feel like a noob, but can you not manufacture Herb Yuanxiao or something? Or can you? and how?b:surrender
Post edited by Seylia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you can manufacture it at the boutique agent using perfect tokens. simples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AznAngell - Heavens Tear
    AznAngell - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you can manufacture it at the boutique agent using perfect tokens. simples.

To add to what ZeroDects said, 3 tokens = 50 Herb Yuanxiao. You can exchange/manufact it at PWI Boutique Agent next to Banker.
  • Yysha - Sanctuary
    Yysha - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Where do you get the perfect tokens?
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Where do you get the perfect tokens?
    packs, 15 per

althought you can buy them for about 10k each.

or well u used to be able to. right now those idiots want like 17 k for them. which is a complete and utter RIPOFF. thier worth 10k each. 11k at best.

dont fall for these scams asking 15+k, they will go away eventually. then you can buy them for the normal price
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    *sigh*.

to figure out what a token is "really worth", break out your calculator applet and do a little figuring:

find the cheapest (in terms of gold/pack) way to get packs from the cash shop --- bulk buy of the cheapest pack on offer. call this price X gold/pack.

find the current gold price on your server --- you'll have to guesstimate a little here, of course, because of the bid/offer way the gold market works. call this Y coins/gold.

multiply X*Y to find Z coins/pack.

estimate how many tokens, on average, you'll be getting from a pack. i've never bought or opened one, myself, but i've heard tell it's 15 or so; i dunno if this varies by pack type, but let's call the constant T tokens/pack.

then, Z/T will give you your coins per token. now multiply by (1+P), where P is your profit margin (from zero to infinity) with which you make up your lost time, effort, and the annoyance of having to do all this merching instead of, idunno, maybe going to play a video game instead; that'll give you your final price in coins per token.

now, i'm not sure what this token price will actually be once you're done with all your arithmetic. but i do know that i'd work through the equation before bothering to purchase any more than a mere handful of tokens from anyone. maybe i'd create a spreadsheet or something --- if i habitually bought tokens, at any rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    From the tokens as stated before.

And they are not "overpriced." The cost of the raw materials to make tokens doubled in value, which was the packs, so of course it takes more coins to make tokens. Which is passed off to the buyer. You wouldn't expect to still be able to buy "one penny candy," anymore would you? Or think a new outfit should only cost 5 dollars for the pants and shirt. So why should micro transactions be any different for the micomerchants? Say it costs 1 gold to buy one pack. You open the pack and you get 15 tokens. Your cost? Lets say its 750k since I haven't checked the gold auction in a while. Now say you bought 15 tokens from a catshop at 17k a token. Your cost? Only 255k. How in the heck is that a rip off? When the costs of packs goes up, it only stands to reason that the items that come out of them will go up as well. Packs are often on sale for 45 silver each, in which case people sell tokens for 10k each. When the price for the item you need to buy to get the tokens doubles, it stands to reason that the price of the tokens
    will double too.

Q: But Venus, if thats the way it works why don't they charge like 50k a token? That way they can get their 750k back when they sell the 15 tokens?
    A: Simple, the packs are like lottery tickets. They are worth that much because there is a chance you can get something better and worth a heck of a lot more eg Scroll of tome or Tokens of Best Luck. No one is going to pay the same amount of coin for a used item that already received the booby prize. So no one is going to pay 750k for 15 tokens. If they were going to spend that much, they would stake the chance on the pack since they have nothing to lose (at worst they'll get what they are looking for) and a lot to gain (scroll of tome or token of best luck).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit