Sins >.>

Options
Jellytoast - Sanctuary
Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
Is there anyway around a sin in pvp? They stealth as soon as you accept a duel, then what? They come out and get cheap shots and brag. Just curious.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jellytoast - Demon Cleric
Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
Post edited by Jellytoast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There are a lot of posts on how to sin-proof this and that. But the answer really is just, no. Hope that the sin sucks.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Assassin is easy to use for killing class so just ignore most bragging assassin b:surrender
    And many people now didn't really oppose the OP sin label now . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you are close to mobs or something that you can select to attack, you can use Siren's Kiss to uncover their stealth position. If you can't do that, IH like crazy and if you're quick enough you can plumeshell just as they appear. They will likely stun you. If you can survive that stun from IH stack, then kite them with great cyclone and/or chromatic seal.

Another tactic I've seen clerics use is to fly up after they stealth. In order to retch you they have to come out of stealth. Then either drop down and fight or use the same tactic as before.

If you're into genie dueling, using the stun immunity skill is nice against that.

I forgot to mention using spark timing to not get stunned from the tele-stun move.

That's about all I got on the subject. I still lose alot to sins but most are higher level then I b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    <.< plum shell and few Irom hearts- Then JUST jump around in the air...all the time XD w sin stun u wil be stuck in air... thats make sin unable 2 atk unless he/she flying up 2 u XDDD work in pking aswell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    <.< plum shell and few Irom hearts-
    Whoa! Clerks gotz new sklz?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    <.< plum shell and few Irom hearts- Then JUST jump around in the air...all the time XD w sin stun u wil be stuck in air... thats make sin unable 2 atk unless he/she flying up 2 u XDDD work in pking aswell

& pray that the sin doesn't have an archer alt with a nirv bow.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    & pray that the sin doesn't have an archer alt with a nirv bow.

Well sins on my server, don't looks like have a brain 2 think of bow, XDD
    <.< I do that on veno, pet keel em. When i stunk in airb:chuckle and they don't think about hit pet.. ps my pet is 1 hit LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tessiy - Raging Tide
    Tessiy - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Is there anyway around a sin in pvp? They stealth as soon as you accept a duel, then what? They come out and get cheap shots and brag. Just curious.

I always sleep them before they go in Stealth mode.

Chromatic seal (sleep) > IH x3 > Elemental seal > Plume Shell > Attack

After that the sin will probably use one of its OP stun skills. Though, the Ih's and Plume shell usually lasts long enough for me to kill the sin.

If you succeed, you just got yourself another butthurt sin.
    b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    just dont duel them.

"WHEN I DUEL ARCANES I STEALTH AND MAKE THEM WAIT 5MIN. THEN I POP OUT AND KILL THEM CAUSE IT SHOWS IM STRONGER!"

uh.. no.
    going for a bathroom break is much more worthwhile than spending time on those tards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    my hubby is a siny lol D= he always makes me a 2shot Q.Q but id say fly& run around till you can get the sin asleep, depends on sin to sin like. star said some sins like making us wait b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's just their stun, I don't see their stealth as much of a big deal. I usually just toy with them, keep ih, maybe tempest, then keep ih until they show up then nuke them a few times.

The sins who immediately stun soon as dual begins....yeah....literally nothing a cleric can do.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Target self, set Expel to hotkey 1~9 and learn em. When you see a sin pop out, you know what to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well atlast u can JUMP crazy arund in the air :D or aoe near mob XD
    By jumpn alot in air, make ppl have prob on click on u and, w u get stuned u will be in air! :D and #close atk# peps, can atk unless they fly XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    domain->sleep->fly to savezone or debuff&tempest
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    learn expel on your genie, you can either cast it on the sin or cast it on yourself-- i do both :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stillaplaya - Sanctuary
    Stillaplaya - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no genie duels vs sins are pointless. u lose. fighting in duels period is dumb. no charms for shell means u lose. grant it im fighting insane ones on sactuary server but eh. pray hes a noob?

but.....

in pk i got several tricks up my sleeve
    1. expel and AD on genie - a must
    2. 100 magic genie - a must
    3. shell or expel always ready to use - never have both recharging or u better be kiting and by kiting i mean flat out running.
    4. vacs, shadow binders or AD+IG - apoth a must
    5. use mobs with sirens kiss/razor feathers
    6. always in air with max wings always juiced up to max speed
    7. always be IHing urself as much as possible when they are stealthed
    8. def charms attak charms-- vs sin attak charms are handy for ampin up-- dont slap them like a sissy, knock the holy balls off them.
    9. dont worry when u die...if im not the single target vs a sin i will kill them. revenge will come. just get ur magic powa on them when ur not the main target.
    10. itachi, phyuckmei, fishy, ycm and others (demon sins on sanctuary plus sage AssassinTime) style players -- if they kill u, so wat. there is absolutely nothing u can do vs 5.0 +12 weap with demon stuns. nothing. they will stun past expel or AD...they will rip ur plume shell apart. if u AD+IG -- they stealth, wait, ur dead. No GEAR Will Change This!--just a few friends in pk or ur own personal sin watching ur bak. if faced with the impossible task of 1v1ing insane OP sins...die or run. ur choice

those are my 10 sin commandments--gl and happy hunting
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Domain, and eat a anti stun pill, works great for bms as well. Then nuke em or if you really can't be bothered to fight them put them to sleep and fly away. On a personal note having a bodyguard helps especially if its another high lvl sin XD
    PWI b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there is absolutely nothing u can do vs 5.0 +12 weap with demon stuns. nothing. they will stun past expel or AD...they will rip ur plume shell apart. if u AD+IG -- they stealth, wait, ur dead. No GEAR Will Change This!--just a few friends in pk or ur own personal sin watching ur bak. if faced with the impossible task of 1v1ing insane OP sins...die or run. ur choice

These i approve. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    expell the sin be4 u accept the duel.... just another way lmao
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you know that lvl 79 skill that reduces your dmg by 80% use it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Loupu - Harshlands
    Loupu - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I always sleep them before they go in Stealth mode.

Chromatic seal (sleep) > IH x3 > Elemental seal > Plume Shell > Attack

after sleep you can just tempest :D its some serious dmg
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you know that lvl 79 skill that reduces your dmg by 80% use it..

candy corn says inportant thing also--i didnt say anything about 79 Guardian Light skill (or the dumb other 79 skill). the reason i left this out is because it lasts 10 seconds with a grand deededee recharge of what?
    5 mins. thanks pwi for **** clerics on 79 skills for usefulness on ourselves.

that being said....

when u have finally broke through deaden nerves and the 1 dmg kill buff... 79 skill during ur kill shot--just to make sure. its really a non issue skill that cant be placed in your cast routine. if u start to depend on it and its already been used on the first sin, then what do you do when the 2nd one threatens?

just a side note. 79 skill is used primarily on wizzies psys and clerics that spark against u since plume shell with take the BT, soul of vengance when u plume shot and plume shot from other clerics away from them.

everyone is entitled to thier own opinions but after extensive 1v1s and sins popping me all the time these are mine. my kills and kill to death ratio speak for itself on my server. remember, when u 1v1 a sin always have them stealth and then attack you. You must deal with them like this to learn how to stand up to them in TW. 1v1ing a sin thats uunstealthed is unrealistic and your kidding yourself. get nitty gritty and learn because when your healing your barb in TW or supporting ur party you better have ur sheet together. they are everywhere.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    candy corn says inportant thing also--i didnt say anything about 79 Guardian Light skill (or the dumb other 79 skill). the reason i left this out is because it lasts 10 seconds with a grand deededee recharge of what?
    5 mins. thanks pwi for **** clerics on 79 skills for usefulness on ourselves.

I am fairly sure all 79 skills have fairly long recharges...?

Also how is Wings a dumb skill?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wings is dumb for use on yourself why?
    what is it based off of?

answer your own question especially when sins hit for 2-4k.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wings is dumb for use on yourself why?
    what is it based off of?

answer your own question especially when sins hit for 2-4k.

Insta-cast self-protection buff. Yep, entirely useless. Should not bother with it, just spam shell and guardian light and hope that you aren't dead between cooldowns or that your MP isn't gone.

I am not arguing that it's not limited; however, it IS a useful skill. You made a blanket statement about a skill and didn't support it. I just asked for clarification on your assertion.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Insta-cast self-protection buff. Yep, entirely useless. Should not bother with it, just spam shell and guardian light and hope that you aren't dead between cooldowns or that your MP isn't gone.

I am not arguing that it's not limited; however, it IS a useful skill. You made a blanket statement about a skill and didn't support it. I just asked for clarification on your assertion.

use it then--might save half dmg on one hit. unless your in the top 1% of clerics with uber hp. then maybe u get a full hit off. sweet!! lame. waste of chi. im 8.4k barb buffed and i wont even waste the click of the mouse on it. wings of prot is based on hp therefore u want to use on barbs/bms/sins tanking instances. both 79 skills have their uses. vs sins guardian light is the most useful. both recharge too long and should not become part of your cast routine vs. sins. sinply put, not worth mentioning in this forum about how to beat a sin. Both skills are great on duels if the sin doesn't decide to pop and stealth.

wings skill is useless using it on yourself. save for placing on your barb before he tanks metal in warsong. -30 chi

guardian light is helpful but not something i would lean on. Use it and waste your chi at your discretion while the sin stealths and laughs. -1 spark

Assuming the sin your fighting has a brain he wont stand there and wonder why he is not doing damage.

As a demon cleric i think ill keep that instead and use it on something useful.

if u love that skill for pk go ahead these are my opinions based on countless fights. since you seem to also have countless duels and pk kills (assuming) and you love this skill, use it. shouldn't take 2 posts to tell you what your mouse does when you hold it over the skill.