Best idea...read!

Hhlolz - Harshlands
Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Lets open a new server without packs, BH, packs, FC, packs, hyper, packs and other re.tarded sales!

It will be a good server !b:cute

Edit: how could i forget; without the tideborn classes.
*Faildom*
I don't need a Squad
Level a Venomancer to 90.
Aug 12, 2009
Post edited by Hhlolz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh look, it's this thread again...
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hi there, moronb:bye

I am ashamed that you have fallen to the dark force . .
    And you become blind now . .
    b:beatenup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Your suggestion it already was here before. And if they did it, they would can shut down all other servers. Also It would mean no profit with it or very small. So they never do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    these servers already exist, they are called private servers. It is just like playing when pwi first started up. There are some that offer pvp and pve servers also. But you level up crazy fast, and have way cooler stuff in the boutique.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lets open a new server without packs, BH, packs, FC, packs, hyper, packs and other re.tarded sales!

can someone think of a new topic already? oh, and, horrible idea. idk bout you, i get allota satisfaction outta killing cash shopped assassins. doing what yer saying would make the game boring, atleast fer me anyway xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011

bh help you lvl and without poeple would qq
    fc pft poeple would qq
    packs impossible
    hyper qq agian then whats the point of not having fc
    tideborn- ok your just trolling

Trolls Troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    bh help you lvl and without poeple would qq
    fc pft poeple would qq
    packs impossible
    hyper qq agian then whats the point of not having fc
    tideborn- ok your just trolling

Trolls Troll

the suggestion was to make a new server with those attributes, not to remove them from the existing servers, so all your criticism fails.

i think its a great idea, and would keep assist in retention of players who still want to struggle their way to success, and not just buy it; keeping them from going to private servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hl/ - Harshlands7
    Hl/ - Harshlands7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh I know, let's make a server without CLERICS in it. Then we can replace the barbarian's claws with marshmallows, and the Assassin's daggers with Q-Tips so nobody gets hurt. Then we can all barf rainbows for our special attacks, while we grind on teddybears and unicorns.

Yeah. Your post made about as much sense as that.
    I'd feel sorry for you, but you stand on the same level as Lucitircia and Demon_EA on the Harshlands "I'm a non-factor and insist on trolling anyway" scale...
    Back under your bridge with you now, shoo. b:bye
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Oh I know, let's make a server without CLERICS in it. Then we can replace the barbarian's claws with marshmallows, and the Assassin's daggers with Q-Tips so nobody gets hurt. Then we can all barf rainbows for our special attacks, while we grind on teddybears and unicorns.

Yeah. Your post made about as much sense as that.
    I'd feel sorry for you, but you stand on the same level as Lucitircia and Demon_EA on the Harshlands "I'm a non-factor and insist on trolling anyway" scale...
    Back under your bridge with you now, shoo. b:bye

It would make more than enough sense if you actually played back in 2008/2009.
    spoiled players of 2010 arent used to anything else than top gear from easy pack and lvl 100 in a week.

Believe it or not but nix was actually OP back in 2008/early 2009, HH90 was fckn OP and interval BMs didnt exist cuz the gear was too hard to get and axes were own, which also required some skills.

I dont see how this suggestion made no sense at all? well i do since it would be no good income for pwe, but other than that it makes good sense.. too bad theres maybe like 5-10 '08 ppl still playing on each server.

trust me, this game was hella fun back in the daysb:bye
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2011

while I think this may be a good idea, but I would leave some of the boutique items (like fashion, make up scrolls, dyes, and mounts/flyers), I think a server without those aid would be fun (including tideborns). Though, it may hurt PWE's income because people no longer have that option to pay for better equipment/weaponry, etc., which a lot of people nowadays prefer easy gaming over challenges. I am a very patient game player, and I always love tough challenges in games. It's what makes it more fun and encouraging to play for, and I couldn't agree more that PWI (or any MMO game who had evolved through multiple expansions) was the best in its early stages. :)
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the suggestion was to make a new server with those attributes, not to remove them from the existing servers, so all your criticism fails.

i think its a great idea, and would keep assist in retention of players who still want to struggle their way to success, and not just buy it; keeping them from going to private servers.
    read again it says "without"..fail b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Yes, without all that trash. we have all that stuff atm if you didnt knowb:surrender
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    why suggest something that will cause pwe to lose money, that just doesnt make any sense :/. the only idea's that the pwe will ever accept, are those that attract new players, those that keep old player's, if it meets any of those requirments it must help them generate more money, not lose any, like with the cost of maintaining that server, while people in that server barely pays for anything in the cash shop. with that in mind just go to the private servers
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    I like how everyone says ''go play on a private server''...
    As you can read i suggested to make everything HARDER again like 2-3 years ago, without the BH/hyper/FC/packs etc etc etc.
    trust me, there are no private servers that have this kind of gameplay.

Ppl would also still buy lots of gold for refining/charms/mounts/teles/etc so it isnt ''no income'' at all... less than the other servers? yeah probably, but the succesfulness of the server might make up for that b:victory
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Kaliant - Sanctuary
    Kaliant - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seriously I can't believe so many people replied to this post. The Cash Shop is how the company makes money to keep the game going so that Audacious Leeches [can you think of any?] can play forever without spending a dime. b:chuckle

PS: [For the millionth time] Go play on a private server. b:chuckle
  • Holly - Harshlands
    Holly - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    read again it says "without"..fail b:surrender

yes thats the point she means she wants a NEW server without all the easy ways of leveling, which is a good idea, you might not like it, but no one says you have to move to that server. all you people who haven't read her post properly need to go back to class and try passing english. when she says without she doesn't mean removed them from ALL the servers she simply wants a NEW server which doesn't include too much cashshopping like Oracles, Packs and things like that.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    yes thats the point she means she wants a NEW server without all the easy ways of leveling, which is a good idea, you might not like it, but no one says you have to move to that server. all you people who haven't read her post properly need to go back to class and try passing english. when she says without she doesn't mean removed them from ALL the servers she simply wants a NEW server which doesn't include too much cashshopping like Oracles, Packs and things like that.

^This

And to the other idiot, go to a private server? uhh isnt pwi privserver-like nowadays? yes it surely is.
    why would i want a new server without all the boutique items? because priv servers are boring and people should work for their gear.
    on this pwi and other priv servers you get everything EASY. i want it to be HARD again.
    please use ur brain dudeb:bye
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011

she also doesn't want the tideborn classes, she just basically want an original pwi server with non of the updates other then the ones that fixes bugs
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    why is it that when ever a thread has "best" or "greatest" in the title it's always eiter an unrealistic idea, a stupid idea, or a flat out failing sucking idea? give yourself a pat on the back, at least it ain't one of the last 2. it's unrealistic. pw would would never make something that could cut their money. it would be great if the added the idea but PW like any other business thinks about money first.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seriously I can't believe so many people replied to this post. The Cash Shop is how the company makes money to keep the game going so that Audacious Leeches [can you think of any?] can play forever without spending a dime. b:chuckle

PS: [For the millionth time] Go play on a private server. b:chuckle

those leaches you frickin idiot are buying cash shoppers gold which makes cash shoppers wnt to buy more gold to sell o but i guess idiots these days couldnt figure it out even if it smacked ya across the faceb:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • DeathOfLisa - Heavens Tear
    DeathOfLisa - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The whole thing is just a clash of personalities. It's the "why pay for something I can get for free with some work" versus the "why work myself into the ground for something I could just buy" mentality.

I've been around for quite some time now, and I've enjoyed the game for what it is, a graphically spectacular, free MMO. Back in the day, when gold was 90k-100k each, I did farm my gear, there were no Tideborn or -int users, and sure, that was fine. Now, there is all that plus sky-high gold prices. And that's fine too. The game is still free, the graphics are still impressive and, most importantly, I'm still enjoying myself. I might spend a bit more money on this game than I used to, but that really doesn't change anything.

The fact remains that PWI is still a free game. And it has been said many, many times that you are not forced into spending money. There is also that "pay to compete" nonsense. Unless you're a hardcore pker, you should not have to compete with other players in this aspect.. That being said.. Don't you think, as a hardcore pker, that you should in fact expect to spend money to trump others with your gear?

What also irks me is the complaining over packs. "I spent $100 on packs and got nothing but tokens! I'm being ripped off!" Quote of the day: Volenti non fit injuria. (Voluntary assumption of risk) You are fully aware that when you buy packs, there is a chance for you to luck out and get something great. You are also fully aware that you may bust and end up with nothing. In the end, it was your decision and, successful or not, you are to blame. You may also experience jealousy or even an inferiority complex when you see others succeed where you have not.

There also seems to be a great deal of people who complain about the developers or devs and the GMs. They are made out to be sleazy, advantageous and low, mainly due to people's distaste in choices made in the game. I don't know the devs or GMs personally, so I can't really deny the possibility that they may be all those things, but you must learn that not all things are tailored to suit you, or handed to you on a silver platter. You must try to adapt to changes instead of opposing them and trying to make them fit you. Because if you do that, you are no better than the "sleazy, advantageous and low" devs and GMs.

Another note that has been constantly brought up is that Perfect World Entertainment is a business. A business meaning exchanging services for payment. They chose to make the game free to play and have an optional cash shop rather than a monthly subscription fee, which was a gamble on their part. A gamble, might I add, that is beneficial to all players. The service here is the game, the payment is in the form of the cash shop. And you can see the money being put to work.. There have been several expansions during the time I've been playing. There are also countless events and sales to involve the community. Honestly, if you complain about sales, you're obviously over-thinking things. But okay, continue to pay full price for things and then complain about it on the forums.

People just can't keep turning their noses up at PWE, it's unfair. They're doing their best to offer an in-depth free-to-play MMORPG, releasing new content, involving the community, and people still feel the need to complain instead of just letting go and playing the game.

Regarding the OP's suggestion, I agree with the others who say it's unrealistic, and perhaps even sarcastic, because PWE is not a not-for-profit organisation, it's not a charity. PWE is a business and a business' sole priority is to generate. profit. And you cannot blame them for that.

That pretty much wraps up my rant. Please excuse any grammatical errors, as I am writing this from my smartphone at 2am. If you want to argue with me, fine, but please take the time to actually read what I've written. Who knows? It might even make some sense.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    You are a sin.
    I am a veno and i used to spend 80% of the time being online on pvping.

Every patch broke pvp more, tideborn patch pushed it over the limit.
    and its just annoying to see people with r8 or even r9 not knowing how to play this game.... last week there was a r9 veno on harshlands server attacking me air to ground..like wtf?

packs, hyper, fc, rep sale, tideborn....worst addons to the game ever
    hopefully next patch will fix sins and dont bring even more OP classes.b:shocked
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • DeathOfLisa - Heavens Tear
    DeathOfLisa - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You are a sin.
    I am a veno and i used to spend 80% of the time being online on pvping.

Every patch broke pvp more, tideborn patch pushed it over the limit.
    and its just annoying to see people with r8 or even r9 not knowing how to play this game.... last week there was a r9 veno on harshlands server attacking me air to ground..like wtf?

packs, hyper, fc, rep sale, tideborn....worst addons to the game ever
    hopefully next patch will fix sins and dont bring even more OP classes.b:shocked

Yes, I am a sin. However, this is merely an alt. I have other toons that I play frequently.

While I do prefer the PvE side of the game, I am not completely oblivious to the PvP side. That being said.. Wouldn't you be happy when faced with an opponent who doesn't know the first thing about their character, regardless of gear quality?

As for "every patch breaking PvP", I don't know how true that is. If anything, they just made PvP more difficult. And isn't harder game difficulty what this thread is all about?

I can understand your frustration over assassins, but tell me.. Weren't Venomancers once the "assassins" of PWI? In the sense that they dominated PvP and TW with their broken pets.

Hypers and FF aren't that bad either. They helped Kitamura hit the level cap. And regardless of the circumstances, that's a pretty impressive feat to me.

One last thing.. Have you actually ever given Tideborn (mainly assassins) a go? They're pretty fun, really.