Mystic = DEAD because it's a caster?

hasnoface
hasnoface Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
So, we're living in an APS world, I'm pretty sure no one will need Mystics at high lvl squads.
Caster DD? No thanks, we have 4-5APS.
Healer? No thanks, we have Clerics!
Mystics - are they good for ANYTHING? o.o;

- A good Cleric can keep alive a squad alone, and people normally don't go to instances with 2 healers (unless it's a high lvl TT).
- Mystics and their summons can't do significant damage, so people will still prefer APS (Sin, BM) as DDs.
- I'm a Cleric (lvl97) and 99% of the time I'm the only caster in FCC squads, everyone wants Sins and BMs.
- Clerics have better Revive (Mystics only have Rez buff), BB, Purify, better heals and buffs in general.
- Most Mystics will DD, Psychics and Wizards have heals too and 99% of them never use these skills. :P
- Mystics will be good at noobie instances if people can't find a Cleric, but that's all.

What do YOU think? Discuss!

Note: I hope I did not offend anyone with my opinion!
Please try to post in a polite way, thanks. (:
Post edited by hasnoface on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well they aren't out yet so we can't really look at the skills.
    The points you say also count for veno's.
    pets
    not too great damage
    not even a heal and res

However veno's do have amp, bramble guard, purge, skills that give a chance for armour/mindbreak.

We can't say anything yet really since we don't know all skills yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hyperbole is DEAD. Oh wait, no it's alive!
  • hasnoface
    hasnoface Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well they aren't out yet so we can't really look at the skills.
    The points you say also count for veno's.
    pets
    not too great damage
    not even a heal and res

However veno's do have amp, bramble guard, purge, skills that give a chance for armour/mindbreak.

We can't say anything yet really since we don't know all skills yet.

I like to have Venos in my squads (mainly because of Herc tank and Sparks) but I almost never meet Venos in FCC squads anymore. And my Veno is stuck at lvl92 because no one needs me in FCC. :c And yes, I have a Herc and I Amp often. I'm afraid Mystics will be in the same situation eventually. But yeah, we don't know skills yet...
  • gilnunes
    gilnunes Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    People will always prefer kill faster instead Amp, or whater buff... =\
    And for Mystics, it is predictable, as a caster class, Mystics will be useless in hafl-term (when they no longer new). Cast classes seems really dead in this game.

What would be a good solution for this unbalance, in your opinion?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This thread sounds more like a QQ about aps to me.
    Whats not to QQ about it...but thats not the point. This issue has many threads about it already. It's been read, said, heard, done, whatever.

Mystics aren't out yet, So it's impossible to say if they are dead at this point in time.

Anyway there is supposed to be a fix coming to aps that will make it less OP. So I'd say the future looks brighter for every caster, not just the one that hasent come out yet.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You haven't even played that class yet but you complain it will be useless? It`s only the matter of how much $ u trash in the game, you can make every class good or even OP.
  • OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You havent even played the class yet and already youre callin it dead... somewhere along the lines youre gonna at least try it out. The only way to be accepted is if PWI expands the squad numbers by 1 or 2 members. Make the instances a bit harder so it adds more challenge. Thus the need for diverse classes to be added.

Then again expanding the squad members by 1 or 2 would only add more aps toons >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You havent even played the class yet and already youre callin it dead... somewhere along the lines youre gonna at least try it out. The only way to be accepted is if PWI expands the squad numbers by 1 or 2 members. Make the instances a bit harder so it adds more challenge. Thus the need for diverse classes to be added.

Then again expanding the squad members by 1 or 2 would only add more aps toons >.>

They need to make bosses who cast bramble on themselves or aoe decrease hit rate by 50 pct or smth.
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lmao to the OP u have any clues about the new class, u have played them to endgame?

what if they become the new OP uber healer class? then id say goodbye clerics, no one knows atm what will come, but for sure the new classes will bring new dmg to the game
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think we can currently safely say that mystics are either fail or overpowered, and probably both.

But I imagine that that might change in February.
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    just for marketings, id say they will OP
    i mean cmon nobody would want to roll a class that is almost the same like other another already existing class if it is weaker.

so far we already got a pet using class, and we got a healer class, so who would want to roll a mystic then if it is weaker?
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    would bet that a mystic would be better than a veno plus a cleric together but i dot like gamling so i'll wait for the skill tree xd
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1.) aps nerf
    2.) self-res buff

Cleric will probably not used further. Cept for a quicky before entering.
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lol, clerics won't be replaced.

But doesn't gonna make mystics useless either.
    *Semi retired*
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    At the end of the day due to the massive advantage aps geared dds have over casters, any cast only class will have problems at later levels with respect to certain instances. The hardest hit class off all casters though is the Wizard especially in light of the Seekers AOE and the Mystics heal/res abilities.

PWI has thrown PVE balance right out the window and this coming expansion is designed to get people to play the new classes and get them levelled as quickly as possible. As such expect to see plenty of sales such as packs and even rep and events mainly of the 2x variety.

On the idea that Mystics = Dead, its silly to even attempt that pronouncement before they are even live. In my opinion based on various videos I have seen from the CN version the Mystic will be an extremely versatile caster class with strong soloing abilities much like venos. Indeed a mystic seems like a combination of veno (petsummon)/cleric(heals/res).

All that said we all know that what really needs to be done though is that aps has to be nerfed. Its sad that the developers do not see it that way thus far.
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i just cant wait to try mystic. mixed veno n cler sound nice n fun to me.
    im wonder (veno+cler)+ my sin = nice sq b:victory
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Same here b:chuckle
    although I'm really looking forward to a veno+mystie party. All the pets, buffs and debuffs together... may be interesting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
    edited January 2011
    veno + mystic hmmm, that should be fun
    Myrr maybe we do some bh's or FC's together?
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sure b:laugh
    a/ when you level your mystie to my veno - march? begining of april?
    b/ you wait 100 years till I level my mystie to your sin b:laugh
    somehow I feel the a/ option is more possible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
    edited January 2011
    lv 60 at mystic. hmmm 1-2 weeks hehe
    now im going back to home, cya in game Myrr
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hasnoface wrote: »
    I like to have Venos in my squads (mainly because of Herc tank and Sparks) but I almost never meet Venos in FCC squads anymore. And my Veno is stuck at lvl92 because no one needs me in FCC. :c And yes, I have a Herc and I Amp often.

soo what happend to lvl old style?....ive never been in new FF runs so dunno wats so amazing there ^^
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic dead? Good thing they have a self-res buff, ijs. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Mystic will be a very specific class for people that like to play solo and rather do their things on their own.

It's the same attitude that some venos I used to know had. Back when leveling was harder and things took time to get done. They figured out they could solo fb59 at level 60. What do you think they did? Yeah they have spent 5 hours in that instance instead of looking for squad. Similar with fb89 eden. Some venos rather did it solo.

Actually there was alot of people like that playing venos back then. Being able to get things done without full squad had its advantages.

Now since theres like no point in playing a veno or not really as much as it used to be, since what you can achieve as a veno now isnt really anything great, theres room for a new solo class. For those people that dont care about doing high end instances in squads.

And there could be alot of those solo type players like there used to be, they were playing venos.

Anyway talking about class that can rez itself as its dead is pretty stupid. No matter how you look at that its never really dead. :D
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hasnoface wrote: »
    So, we're living in an APS world, I'm pretty sure no one will need Mystics at high lvl squads.
    Caster DD? No thanks, we have 4-5APS.
    Healer? No thanks, we have Bloodpaint!Mystics - are they good for ANYTHING? o.o;

- A good Cleric can keep alive a squad alone, and people normally don't go to instances with 2 healers (unless it's a high lvl TT).
    - Mystics and their summons can't do significant damage, so people will still prefer APS (Sin, BM) as DDs.
    - I'm a Cleric (lvl97) and 99% of the time I'm the only caster in FCC squads, everyone wants Sins and BMs.
    - Clerics have better Revive (Mystics only have Rez buff), BB, Purify, better heals and buffs in general.
    - Most Mystics will DD, Psychics and Wizards have heals too and 99% of them never use these skills. :P
    - Mystics will be good at noobie instances if people can't find a Cleric, but that's all.

What do YOU think? Discuss!

Note: I hope I did not offend anyone with my opinion!
    Please try to post in a polite way, thanks. (:

Fixed b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I actually like this thread. Not because I agree with it (APS Nirvy squads might bring along a mystic instead of a cleric as a safety precaution, since they can heal and attack at the same time, and their summons might not suffer [?] dmg reduction)

I like it because it's a nice breath of fresh air from all the "OMG MYSTICS R GUNNA REPLACE/KILL OFF/SELL INTO SLAVERY ALL CLERICS N VENOS N WIZZIES N NPC's!!!1"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wait, why are we already complaining about classes that aren't even released yet for us? o.O'

If someone feels that there is a real problem with the function of the Mystic they need to play the class up to a decent level (at least get the 59 skills), in order to make a good judgement about them.

We all have a right to our opinion, but at least wait to play the class before QQ-ing about the group function of the class and APS.

Be patient and wait and see. ;) b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PLEASE GM's. DELETE "MYSTIC/WIZARD/lolpsy/CLERIC"NOW PLZ.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    FCC with 2 5.0 APS BM's is fast.

FCC with 2 5.0 APS BM's and a veno that can amp AND Myriad is faster, by about, what? I dunno, someone else do the math.

I take Mr Bear along for FCC. Mr Bear is purely for debuffing and mild DDing. His skill is set to Pierce, which reduces PDef on bosses by 20%, and lasts, in real life time, 30 seconds, 1 minute cooldown.

I use amp, 20 second duration, 30 second cooldown, gives 20% damage bonus to the boss. I use Ironwood, while Mr Bear's Pierce is in cooldown, same effect. I also spam Myriad, which has a chance to inflict a 100% PDef penalty on a boss for about .8 seconds of REAL WORLD time (notice how skill times kinda... Don't match the descriptions sometimes?).

If I'm in a party with a pair of BM's at 5.0, and Myriad hits for the PDef debuff, they can take off between an eighth and quarter of the bosses HP before it wears off, assuming Mr Bear's Pierce just hit, he's Amped, they're sparked, and one just HF'ed. If both are sparked, they can take off up to 1/2. It can turn a 30 second boss battle in FCC into a 12 second boss nuke.

This is why I'm not getting a Herc, and why, for me, I think they're a waste of money.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    After reading this thread, the only thing I realize is too many people miss use words/slangs like, complain, QQing, raging etc.

But anyway, the truth still remains, 5aps or high interval, BM's or assassins will be wanted more than any arcane DD. That is about the only thing in this game that I believe is broken, the fact that you can roll any DD arcane, and be pretty much unneeded or useless at end game(Yes that means clerics are the exception).
  • Asduf - Heavens Tear
    Asduf - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Based on what Mooy says (which is pretty accurate), mystics > clerics in most instances (assuming only res buff is needed and no purify) since they can BB and heal at the same time (pet uses damage reduction, trap uses aoe heal, mystic heals/DDs). But since you don't need a cleric when you've got bloodpaint, they're not really replacing anything.