Impersonation

Wizzeled - Sanctuary
Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Someone's impersonating me in game with the name V V izzeled (no spaces), do I need to submit a ticket to have a GM change the name or ban the person? They are a cser like me, so the least I'd request is a name change.
Post edited by Wizzeled - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    submit a ticket,
    although don't know how that would even benefit you since unless the person "impersonating" you is doing something that is in a way harming you, i see no reason to Ban or w/e to that person

you would also need to prove it through an SS or something, as in proof that the person is doing w/e that is getting you in trouble.

as for asking for a name change, don't think that they'd be able to do that as the char is already existing and im guessing recorded into their records or w/e
    the name of the char is up to whoever makes it, wether its free to be used or not is just luck, maybe that guy wanted to have that name but found the name was already taken, many ppl use variations of names they like using other letters/symbols to get it
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't think GMs are capable of changing names nor would they outright ban for someone having a similar name to another player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    V V izzeled has been trash talking Wizzeled and stuff on WC. I see why you want him gone Wizzeled, don't know if it is possible.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Nah this person is purposely doing it, most of my server can vouch for it.
  • Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I can.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If someone named a char after me, I'd be honoured.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    I am honoured but it got to much after a month or so.
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Someone's impersonating me in game with the name V V izzeled (no spaces)

I saw that and wondered "Wait... I thought he quit the game a long time ago."
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If someone named a char after me, I'd be honoured.

when ever that happens to me, i get really cheesed off, think its happened twice at tops, i only remember one time really though, its just annoying as there either trying to impersonate you, or there just to lazy to think of another name so they just alter it some how to be a general pain in the ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol. I hope he never gets banned. He is probably doing a good job.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sorry but gms do not take care of/ handle your doppelgangers vvizzled (had to say it)b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    FYI it's one of Pandawoos characters.

I often get you confused at quick glance in WC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    It's a battle of "Who spends the most" the winner gets what they want.
  • Serrinity - Sanctuary
    Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2011

+1
    I dunno if pwe can do much about it but it is very rude to Wizzeled and very annoying to me. I know impersonating a GM can get a ban, but dunno about another player.
    Leader of EdensStar
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    From the Terms of Service:
    11. User Conduct

You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service.
    [...]
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    [...]
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    [...]
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;

I'd recommend sending in a ticket describing the situation and quoting these items. You might have a case based on that, but no guarantees.

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    From the Terms of Service:

I'd recommend sending in a ticket describing the situation and quoting these items. You might have a case based on that, but no guarantees.

Good luck!

Ok I'll keep these in mind next time he does it.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I just keep all of my impersonators in one faction so I know where to go if I wanna smack em around b:cute

fac name is QQme, because all of the people in the fac say "QQ me, I'm not really DaKillanator QQ"
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This happened to one of my guild mates once... We couldn't screenshot it easily because it was a change from L to I so it didn't look any different. But the person was spamming world chat and insulting people pretending to be her. Thankfully they didn't do it very long.

One more thing, why can't GMs change people's names? In another game I played if someone had an inappropriate name they would change a letter or two instead of banning. There was someone named MegaPimp... it was changed to MegaPump. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    This happened to one of my guild mates once... We couldn't screenshot it easily because it was a change from L to I so it didn't look any different. But the person was spamming world chat and insulting people pretending to be her. Thankfully they didn't do it very long.

One more thing, why can't GMs change people's names? In another game I played if someone had an inappropriate name they would change a letter or two instead of banning. There was someone named MegaPimp... it was changed to MegaPump. XD

They CAN change names, but it'd only change the face, if they got married, it'd show their original name, basically any red chat's would show their original name.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Please try to screen shot it and send a ticket. Or at least describe what happened exactly. Thanks.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.