PWI Trailers and their sound effects.

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
So lately I've been watching the trailers for the Rising Tide and Genesis expansions, and I noticed that some effects used in these trailers sounded VERY familiar.

And I don't mean a few effects here and there, oh no. Almost all effects were copied from another MMO.

I made a little video to share this with you which can be found -never mind-.
I have no idea if PWE actually had permission to use these in their trailers (which sounds unlikely to me) or if these were stolen.

Either way, I guess it's not a really big deal but I still found it slightly funny b:chuckle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Many of those effects I've heard in just as many games. Heck some of those have been in the freaking old Diablo game I'm pretty sure, but more updated of course.

There's a lot of generic sound bits and pieces that mainstream games and people are open to use, and reuse, over and over. So the fact you found a few that have been used in that other game isn't surprising really.

But hey, cool find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ahh... that explains a lot then. I kind of suspected that to be the case, but couldn't confirm it (and I didn't really think an MMO like that would use common SFX, but oh well).

I guess it's pointless to keep the video around then (before I get in trouble for mentioning other games b:avoid ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]