Suggestion: PvP Arena

Options
lordxionv
lordxionv Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Ok im a low lvl and i was thinking. I would love to try out Territory Wars, but its primarily a high lvl aspect of the game. So, i began to think What if we had something similar but it would be so that everyone could participate.

Well, i came up with the idea of a team arena.

Heres how it will work.

1)You speak to NPC and pay 50k to get in (cost increases as you increase level brackets)

2)There are brackets (21-30), (31-40), (41-50), ect.

3)When the bracket fills you are automatically teleported to a battlefield. This is a rectangle where each team spawns on opposite sides and the other tam may not walk into the spawn of eachother to prevent spawn kill. You are immune to death for 5 second after respawning.

4) Teams are 20 vs 20

5) First team to get 100 kills wins- Winners will get x # of mirage celestones (depending on your bracket)

6) There are no penalties for death and killing does not change your name colour. Non-PK mode players may participate in this arena

Okay guys gimme your thoughts on this idea pls. All numbers can be changed i just put what i thought sounded good. Rewards and entrance fee can change.

What do you guys think of the idea in general?

I think this would be a very fun activity for those like me who are a lower level and cannot afford the gear that would be necesary for TW.

Pls give feedback and vote in the poll.

Devs please read this... maybe you could program it into the new Genesis expansion.
Post edited by lordxionv on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why 20 v 20? Why not 5 v 5, or 3 v 6, or something like that?

Balanced is fun, but... Combat isn't always balanced. Though, this is kind of a neat idea... Mini-TW, without a map!

Would suck if you went up against 20 clerics. 2 or 3 would just BB, and the rest would pwn you.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • XFireversalX - Raging Tide
    XFireversalX - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Idea sounds great i would love this so much i was hoping for this to but i think there would be some way that some PWI idiots would **** it up like a 10 barb 10 cleric party that would be like invincible than they would farm mirages then mirages would become more expensvie due to shortage but all in all its a great idea hopefully MODS are reading this i love this plan and if they were to change this there would be no way people could say PWI Sucks and even if ur bored and u dont wanna quest or grind or BH etc u can just do a war. Bravo on ur idea ;Db:pleased
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    honestly it wouldn't be that hard to kill a 10 cleric/10 barb team the worst would be 10 bm/10 cleric team because bm's can aoe stun and HF but all you have to do is take out the clerics first and then barbs one by one which can be hard or easy depending on how well you know your class and as for mirages in price they will not really go up seeing as you'd get more mirages off of TW which really controls mirage price and the mods do not implement anything into the game it is the devs who do it and they are in china and have a 99.9% chance to never even see this thread so the topic is moot

I can do a giant run-on sentence too. Grammar is your best friend. b:bye

It sounds like a nice idea, OP but you have it in the wrong section. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • albertjovica
    albertjovica Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol at devs programming it for genesis expansion. like you didnt hear game is dead, and devs are in china and will never read this forums, not mentioning this particular thread...
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why 20 v 20? Why not 5 v 5, or 3 v 6, or something like that?

Balanced is fun, but... Combat isn't always balanced. Though, this is kind of a neat idea... Mini-TW, without a map!

Would suck if you went up against 20 clerics. 2 or 3 would just BB, and the rest would pwn you.

Well as i said the numbers can change i just put something that sounded reasonable.
    Idea sounds great i would love this so much i was hoping for this to but i think there would be some way that some PWI idiots would **** it up like a 10 barb 10 cleric party that would be like invincible than they would farm mirages then mirages would become more expensvie due to shortage but all in all its a great idea hopefully MODS are reading this i love this plan and if they were to change this there would be no way people could say PWI Sucks and even if ur bored and u dont wanna quest or grind or BH etc u can just do a war. Bravo on ur idea ;D

Well when you talk to NPC to enter you pay 50k and are auto-teleported to the battle place. You cannot go with your squad unless they just happen to get in the same one as you. Also the teams are radomized so if you are squadded it doesnt mean they will be with you. Also, it is possible but unlikely that something like this will occur with randomized teams

Glad everyone enjoys the idea so far
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I do like the concept of the idea, but sadly, I doubt this will be implemented, or even considered.
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I do like the concept of the idea, but sadly, I doubt this will be implemented, or even considered.

If we can please get enough support maybe the mods will look at it and even the GM's there is always the possibility.
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lordxionv wrote: »
    If we can please get enough support maybe the mods will look at it and even the GM's there is always the possibility.

I don't think they have any influence over the Devs who decide everything so all suggestions to the game from this forum are just ideas.
    Unless the GM's actually send this stuff to the Devs but it gets shut down at a middle-man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't think they have any influence over the Devs who decide everything so all suggestions to the game from this forum are just ideas.
    Unless the GM's actually send this stuff to the Devs but it gets shut down at a middle-man.

Is there any way to have the devs themselves look at this. It would be a great idea i think so many people would enjoy?

Also it seems to have great support i dont know why they won't put this into the game.
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is actually already implemented in the game client, but was shut down early on because of the large number of bugs.

Same as the Monthly Dungeon Race.

All they have to do is go fix some of the many things already in the game instead of developing new **** with new bugs.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    PW is always taking suggestions. Generally speaking, the people working for the US publisher (the people who would likely read this) would, if it sounds interesting, forward it to the developers in China, who would either take it seriously and give it a shot or throw it in the garbage bin with the other myriad of ideas. Pretty simple.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There is a perfectly fine and working pvp-arena in the middle of Archo/Ether/Plume/City of Lost. No clue why they never open it in this version. Im guessing having people burn GA or drop shiet all over West Gate and Silver Pool is more beneficial.

I never experienced a single bugg in the arena when i played other versions of PW. Its just a large area where you can pvp without penalties, practice how to play your class in a safe environment, try out new skills and just hang out in general. But here for some reason you cant enter O_O
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There is a perfectly fine and working pvp-arena in the middle of Archo/Ether/Plume/City of Lost. No clue why they never open it in this version. Im guessing having people burn GA or drop shiet all over West Gate and Silver Pool is more beneficial.

I never experienced a single bugg in the arena when i played other versions of PW. Its just a large area where you can pvp without penalties, practice how to play your class in a safe environment, try out new skills and just hang out in general. But here for some reason you cant enter O_O

Theres an arena?

Would it be possible to persuad the devs to open it?

Even though i prefer my pvp war idea.

Who voted no? Pls say why
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was thinking the same but whit some diferences, you can choice:

Solo mode, everyone vs everyone the fisrt pj that get a certain numbers of kills win. The reward can be reputation, and some mirages and the better 10 of each month can fight betwen them for a high price.

Squad mode, this will be like a competion, each leader squad will get one item if the leader died that item will drop and only can be get for anotehr leader squad, the fisrt squad that get all items win.

Random team mode: is like you explain.
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Would love to have this implement (or re-implement) this idea. I wonder if you got the idea from the game I was recently playing. b:quiet Had a flagmatch and a deathmatch
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was thinking the same but whit some diferences, you can choice:

Solo mode, everyone vs everyone the fisrt pj that get a certain numbers of kills win. The reward can be reputation, and some mirages and the better 10 of each month can fight betwen them for a high price.

Squad mode, this will be like a competion, each leader squad will get one item if the leader died that item will drop and only can be get for anotehr leader squad, the fisrt squad that get all items win.

Random team mode: is like you explain.

Great ideas

Would love to have this implement (or re-implement) this idea. I wonder if you got the idea from the game I was recently playing. Had a flagmatch and a deathmatch

I only play Perfect WOrld and tried WoW once... IT SUCKS!!!
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I am enjoying the great feedback i am getting. Keep it up and can we get some admins to comment on this idea pls.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Love the fact that it would be level specific. So many times i want to try PVP but cannot compete with all those higher levels than me. Would be cool to have it in a 10 level range that people can actually be competitive in. Without dropping gear when you die.
    Also, would be cool if there was a monthly top winners competition that you could actually go and watch from a certain viewpoint to see how the top players win.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Love the fact that it would be level specific. So many times i want to try PVP but cannot compete with all those higher levels than me. Would be cool to have it in a 10 level range that people can actually be competitive in. Without dropping gear when you die.
    Also, would be cool if there was a monthly top winners competition that you could actually go and watch from a certain viewpoint to see how the top players win.

Huh... I have that issue too.

Grab a Tele and Tele that you're going to a place, and want to PK people your own level. Bring some from faction you trust to keep griefers away. Or go to silverpool, and tele, and just duel.

I've done this a few times, at Silverpool and the West Gate of Arch. Usually, a large faction has a get-together, and bring some of their midbies... Other factions might bring some of theirs as well, you get a lag party, but it's fun.

It's how I learned that Flesh Ream is really scary, especially for wiz... And it's how I learned that a Wiz can Oneshot me and Mr Bear at the same time. b:chuckle
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • lordxionv
    edited January 2011
    Options

This is exactly why i posted this. I am a lvl 22 sin and i have wanted to pk a while. The only problem is that at 30 i will still be at a major disadvantage because everyone is 80+ and i would die in a second. That is why i made this to let low lvls get to have fun pvp battles with others in their lvl. Also, this would be a great pvp system, IMO.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the idea is fine, but they wont implement it, ijs
  • XFireversalX - Raging Tide
    XFireversalX - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    *To the Devs/Mods/Readers* If this were to happen it would be good
    for PWI's income aswell because lower lvl's PVP each other they buy gold or other stuff to make money then they buy good armor then later on they buy gold again and again. Also IMO i think if you were to implement this you could get an increase in players.Seriously why do you think WoW has so much players? Cuz they have awsome skills and ****? No! Its because of there PVP arena's. Honestly Devs,Mods, And GM's just do it......b:pleasedb:thanks