Auto-Attack?

Naraian - Lost City
Naraian - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Okay, so I'm playing Jade Dynasty and we have an auto attack on there which makes it really simple to level up and complete quest. Why can't we have it on Perfect world, I don't see anything wrong with it? It helps get those monotonous quest where we have to kill about 50-80 monsters of a certain type...

Is this something their going to include in the new update?
I really hope so :/
Post edited by Naraian - Lost City on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If what you mean auto attack there macro, press R while in game and click create macro.

If what you mean is auto bot that automatically target and kill mobs ?
    Nope, there is a way but not official and ruin the game. (further more)

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Naraian - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    It wouldn't ruin the game, they have this option in a lot of their other games, and it's worked quite well.

If it would ruin the game, then why it be included in a lot of other games. :/
    Yes, it would give people time to farm (Don't see a problem in that) and it would help us level up more.

Like, if you have to go to work later that day, you can set it up and gain levels & money while working. Then get home and do it yourself. It's not that big of a problem. :/
    edited January 2011
    I know JD had that feature just like on other games like GE / SoW auto attack / defend position option. (guess the developer tired of enormous botter)

Well if you say it didn't ruin the game then so be it . . b:chuckle (already ruined anyway official way)

Good luck. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naraian - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    lol, thanks..?
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Its basically legal botting. Which sucks. I couldn't MAKE myself play JD because of that feature. It ruins the game in that people don't actually work for anything. They can just sit the game on autopilot for hours on end. I feel it ruins games just like auto-path that goes around obstacles for you does. It takes the human effort out of the games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
    edited January 2011
    Its basically legal botting. Which sucks. I couldn't MAKE myself play JD because of that feature. It ruins the game in that people don't actually work for anything. They can just sit the game on autopilot for hours on end. I feel it ruins games just like auto-path that goes around obstacles for you does. It takes the human effort out of the games.
    + 1
    Too lazy to write these. b:chuckle Or argue . . b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naraian - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    @Shivalia I understand that, yes some people will over use it. But for those of us who actually try and level up, I was thinking have a set amount of time somebody could use it a day. Like I said, if you were going to work it would help you a lot to level up and farm for money..
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I see your avatar being a venomancer. Honestly, venos are already bots and I've seen many venos just sit on the node certain mobs spawn at (the towers nearby FB69), and just leave their pets on defend (especially hercs if you will) and go afk for hours. However, if you were caught, then it's your responsibility for penalties...

My thoughts: by having a feature like this, it takes away the idea of socializing with other people. I once played a free MMO that gives you this remote and you just set the time of how long you want to "afk fight". Basically known as botting. That game was so boring because I was playing with a game full of bots just standing there doing nothing, and not to mention, some of them were standing on spots where these mobs were needed for doing quests. I can't imagine having PWI filled with bots, especially with people complaining about lags, I don't think it would be a good idea.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Naraian - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    @Maisha - Yeah, I can see that as aggravating :|
    But, I'm not sure, I kind of think that it would get some of the newer people wanting to play cause it's easier to level up. Maybe they could set a level cap, or like I said earlier have a set time you can only do it per/day. I was just hoping they could put it in Genesis, considering they have it in all of their other games.

It would help the people who go to school, work, and anything else. They can have their characters' grind while their away instead of taking time out of their personal lives to focus on a game.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    @Maisha - Yeah, I can see that as aggravating :|
    But, I'm not sure, I kind of think that it would get some of the newer people wanting to play cause it's easier to level up. Maybe they could set a level cap, or like I said earlier have a set time you can only do it per/day. I was just hoping they could put it in Genesis, considering they have it in all of their other games.

It would help the people who go to school, work, and anything else. They can have their characters' grind while their away instead of taking time out of their personal lives to focus on a game.

With that being said, what is a game afterall? To have a bot to automatically level your character(s) while you're not present kind of sounds like you've cheat your way just to get your levels up. It's not all about competition but it is actually better that you're leveling your toons yourself, and in the end, it makes you feel proud (trust me, it does rather than just thinking, eh, I didn't have to do anything for this game...boring!). Think about console games (minus things like action replay for nintendo DS) you don't just magically get to the end of the game by going afk. That takes away the fun and everything in between that happened and you would have missed a good moment of the game as I'm sure the software developer would want you to enjoy every penny you've paid for it.

As for grasping newbies to the game, it really depends how PWE decides to market the game towards their target audience. I mean, if I don't have to do anything in game to get to high level, what fun am I going to have? Sounds like waste of electricity...LOL

I had recently read that most companies are beginning to merchandise their goods to females because 80% of the time, women makes discretionary purchases (according to the US. I know, after reading that article, I realized I had spent a lot on things I don't even need! lol) and secondly, they are more likey to spread the word of a good product xD. But either way, even having a limit, that would drive me away from PWI like I did with the other MMOs and similarly mentioning, I rather play with a bunch of active players than a bunch of bots.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Naraian - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I see your point, but for people playing on a laptop sometimes it's harder to go off and always be able to farm because it lags off and on. & not to mention if it'll help you level up to at least say 40? or so, it'll help you live through a lot of the quest you get. |:

I guess it really depends on how you like to play -- maybe they could have a trial run?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if you dont even wnt to play the game your self then why play at all it isnt tht hard to gain lvls just do your dam quests tell lvl 40 and then if you wanna be a noob BH tell your high on lvls and then l8r the noobs have an even bigger high FCCb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    I see your point, but for people playing on a laptop sometimes it's harder to go off and always be able to farm because it lags off and on. & not to mention if it'll help you level up to at least say 40? or so, it'll help you live through a lot of the quest you get. |:

I guess it really depends on how you like to play -- maybe they could have a trial run?

Well, there are other options that are available where you need to pay gold. The Hyper extension stones in the boutique would help you level substantially, and I think it's a better option since you are going to have to be presently playing while you're earning X amount of XP per kill. However, it isn't recommended for the lower level crowd, but if one is desperate, it wouldn't bother them to put in a few gold on their account.

Edit: I forgot to mention what I wanted to add but this is also another reason why I think "leveling while you're afk" is bad for the newbie crowd. You see, when you play level per level, you gain new spells for your character and you learn how to use them. By skipping these practices, it makes you skip out on experience of that particular class. It goes the same for those who just learns the spell and rarely use it, then later finds out it actually helps. When you spend time with your toons, it helps you learn how to play your class better to prevent a future "LEARN HOW TO PLAY YOUR GOD DAMN CLASS" arguments with all those fun instances in the later levels. I remembered an encounter when I joined an FC (frostcovered city, recommended for levels 80+) squad, and the BM just wont listen to us to stun the mobs and later ends up wiping the whole squad. Then the BM admits he's never played a BM before and the account doesn't belong to him. Anyway, I've made my point, and to be honest, I don't think a "bot" feature would help bring more new players to the game as many things were introduced to the game to make it more convenient to your needs, for a price ticket on those levelings aids. ;)
    edited January 2011
    As expected . . b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naraian - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, but what if you can't just blow money on EXP cubes?

I really do think it's a good idea, if it doesn't work for the newbie classes then let it be for the higher up characters. (50+ levels) I know it's harder to level up like that, you can still learn your skills, it'll help with gaining spirit also (for your genie & your skills).

My husband even just said the same thing -
    What if you don't have enough time to play, but you need to get to a higher level? What are you suppose to do if you can't log on everyday and spend about 10hrs leveling up :/

That's what I was trying to get at, people who can't really play - but need to gain things it would be best for. It'll auto pick up the ideas that are dropped so nobody is fighting over them. It'll help you gain money, levels, and help your pet level up if you are a veno.

A lot of people that I talk to on PWI complain about just that - they want an easier way to gain EXP without having to spend money, to be honest, this would be the easier way to earn it.

Also, PWI have lost a lot of people due to this fault. My parents even left PWI after playing for years to go join Aeria games because it was funnier & easier to play.

I've been playing JD for about two hours now and I'm already level 30.
    |: while yes, I have been posting off and on, in this fourm but I'm still playing my character..
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, but what if you can't just blow money on EXP cubes?

I really do think it's a good idea, if it doesn't work for the newbie classes then let it be for the higher up characters. (50+ levels) I know it's harder to level up like that, you can still learn your skills, it'll help with gaining spirit also (for your genie & your skills).

What if you don't have enough time to play, but you need to get to a higher level? What are you suppose to do if you can't log on everyday and spend about 10hrs leveling up :/

That's what I was trying to get at, people who can't really play - but need to gain things it would be best for. It'll auto pick up the ideas that are dropped so nobody is fighting over them. It'll help you gain money, levels, and help your pet level up if you are a veno.

A lot of people that I talk to on PWI complain about just that - they want an easier way to gain EXP without having to spend money, to be honest, this would be the easier way to earn it.

Also, PWI have lost a lot of people due to this fault. My parents even left PWI after playing for years to go join Aeria games because it was funnier & easier to play.

I've been playing JD for about two hours now and I'm already level 30.
    |: while yes, I have been posting off and on, in this fourm but I'm still playing my character..

See, this is PWI, not JD. Each game is programmed to work on itself individually. I went to play a game also hosted by PWE named Battles of the immortal, and I made 60 levels in less than a week! That game, basically every character has a pet. So are you saying, if a game like BOI provides pet aid in battles, does PWI have to be exactly like them? To have a pet to aid in every single battle for clerics, blademasters, etc.? Not necessarily, and this is what makes each game "unique" in its own characteristic.

I understand we are all busy people in this world, and not everyone can afford those leveling aids from the boutique, but you're just going to have to live with what PWI is like. Like your parents and those who left of that same reason, if you don't like it, quit the game and move onto something else that may interest you. You are the customer, not some game developer who is pitching an idea for money. Feel free to do whatever you wish.

Like I said, this isn't a competition game, and what is the rush of going from level 1 to 100 in a week? Already, PWE had given us options to gain more exp for a quick level and this is how they are going to market this game for their target audience. Before we even had EXP stones or daily bounty hunts, everyone had to grind level on their own (I'm not kidding!) and to even have exp stones, I think they are giving us a big bonus here, not to mention, they have given us double exp events from time to time...
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Since everyone has already addressed the rest of your points I'll comment on this one.

This may seem a bit harsh but if you don't have time to play an MMORPG then you probably shouldn't be playing. MMOs of all kinds are known to (hell, they're designed to) take a rather large commitment of time in addition to sucking out your soul to leave a hollow shell of the person you once were.

On the other hand, PWI has made it ridiculously easy to level now due to crazy stone at level 30 and the introduction of bounty hunter at 40. My friend and I hit 40 in about two weeks of casual gaming so it's not really difficult. Neither of those methods require you to spend real money and the EXP reward considering the amount of time they take is just stupidly high.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011

i agree with you about botting in general, but i'm not convinced that obstacle-avoiding pathfinding really deserves to be counted in the same league as mob-hunting bots. i'd be happy if the same obstacle-avoiding pathfinding code as veno pets use to follow their venos and attack on command would be implemented in the players' autopathing --- and i suspect many other players would quickly be cursing it for being too primitive and stupid, if it were.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sorry. No. Worst idea I've heard today.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    so basically you want the game to play itself? b:avoid

what's the point...