How much do you spend on this game?

Options
2»

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    thats exactly y i was wondering wtf wrong w/ the poster, im at the point in my life were not only do i have more money than my parents, i have to lend them money, and i still cant imange what posses people to spend THAT MUCH per week, it makes me wanna .....ARRRRRRGb:angryb:angryb:angry, idc if it is nothin to them, it still looks like complte human stupidity to me. i mean there no reason to CS that much, everything can be bought w/ in game coin, i mean i can see the occational CSing when u depseratly need coin but otherwize ...*smashes head on wall*
    Some people spend hundreds of dollars a week on booze and gorging themselves with food, or stack up hundreds upon hundreds of dollars wasting it on satellite television, tech gadgets, or unnecessary amounts of air conditioning. To each their own. If one can afford it, you're in no position to be judging what they do with their money. Make your own money, spend it your own way, and gfto.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Some people spend hundreds of dollars a week on booze and gorging themselves with food, or stack up hundreds upon hundreds of dollars wasting it on satellite television, tech gadgets, or unnecessary amounts of air conditioning. To each their own. If one can afford it, you're in no position to be judging what they do with their money. Make your own money, spend it your own way, and gfto.

^-- +100, especially the last sentence.

However though, what's the entire point of this thread? You mapping people 2 put on your FL hoping you can get some decked out peeps 2 help you?

*humpf* Kids..
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • pierrevr1
    pierrevr1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    A - works 10 hours a day, earns $10k a month, spend $500 on pwi per month. Don,t have time to farm money. Gives $1k a month to charity.

B - works 10 hours a day, earns $2k a month, spend $20 on pwi per month. Don,t have time to farm money. Gives $50 a month to charity.

C- Owns a company and works 10 hours a day - earns $200k a month, spends $2k a month on pwi. Gives $5k a month to charity.

D - Does not work - Spends 10 hours a day playing pwi farming coin. Don,t spend anything on pwi. Gives nothing to charity.

Who is right and who is wrong in your eyes?
  • DebugYoCity - Raging Tide
    DebugYoCity - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^-- +100, especially the last sentence.

However though, what's the entire point of this thread? You mapping people 2 put on your FL hoping you can get some decked out peeps 2 help you?

*humpf* Kids..

What's the point of you posting here? Just an excuse to move your finger over the keyboard without using your brain?

*humpf* Tards...
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've probably spent 2,000 since I joined the game back in May '10. That was when I was a 'heavy cash shopper'. I've since reduced the amount of zen I charge per month.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hmm I think I have spend around $500-600 US throughout more than 2yrs of playing mostly because I have always been involved in the tw/pvp aspect of the game which is really expensive. It is a very moderated amount of money considering the above written, there are a considerable amount of players that I've known that expend 10-20 and even 30k! $US on their time in PWI.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I used to be a 'heavy cash shopper'...spending close to 100-200 bucks a week, this lasted till I realized my lifestyle had gotten so ****(2k aussie). Then I saw the light...went outside...got a tan...

None of this money spending actually did anything other then level experimental alts, get gear i then sold for way less then it was worth.

Cash shopping definitely helped me get bored quickly of this game.

It is so much more fun only spending for fashion and the occasional charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hmm I think I have spend around $500-600 US throughout more than 2yrs of playing mostly because I have always been involved in the tw/pvp aspect of the game which is really expensive. It is a very moderated amount of money considering the above written, there are a considerable amount of players that I've known that expend 10-20 and even 30k! $US on their time in PWI.
    I was addicted to fashion buying ;;
  • Wishana - Lost City
    Wishana - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i used to be a heavy cash shopper but then after recent changes in PW i don't spend as much as i used to, just fashion related stuff b:surrender
  • DebugYoCity - Raging Tide
    DebugYoCity - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i used to be a heavy cash shopper but then after recent changes in PW i don't spend as much as i used to, just fashion related stuff b:surrender

Interesting, how much did you spend on this game? And what are the changes that changed your mind? I'm just curious b:pleased
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    $0. I find that making money ingame to be fun and satisfying, but that's just me. People spend their money in ways that would max their marginal utilities and everyone has their own personal preference.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pierrevr1 wrote: »
    A - works 10 hours a day, earns $10k a month, spend $500 on pwi per month. Don,t have time to farm money. Gives $1k a month to charity.

B - works 10 hours a day, earns $2k a month, spend $20 on pwi per month. Don,t have time to farm money. Gives $50 a month to charity.

C- Owns a company and works 10 hours a day - earns $200k a month, spends $2k a month on pwi. Gives $5k a month to charity.

D - Does not work - Spends 10 hours a day playing pwi farming coin. Don,t spend anything on pwi. Gives nothing to charity.

Sticky Now !! b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Cortimis - Dreamweaver
    Cortimis - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have to admit, if I could, I would cashshop my *** off. As it stands I can only spend 10 bucks a month or less. Most of that went straight to the AH for some direct coin so I could upgrade skills. b:surrender
    Cortimis - 101 Demon Barbarian. 100% legit, no goonzs/no APS

Cortimi - 9X Demon Seeker. Total garbage and I will kill you with it anyways.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Corti shush and go back in-game nab. Let's run TTs. b:chuckle
  • Cortimis - Dreamweaver
    Cortimis - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Corti shush and go back in-game nab. Let's run TTs. b:chuckle
    Servers up? Time to make some moneh! b:avoid
    Cortimis - 101 Demon Barbarian. 100% legit, no goonzs/no APS

Cortimi - 9X Demon Seeker. Total garbage and I will kill you with it anyways.
  • MrsSneaky - Heavens Tear
    MrsSneaky - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've bought 1 $10 card and bought a flyer with it. That's all within the past 2 years.b:victoryb:cute
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pierrevr1 wrote: »

adding a charity option to manipulate and unbalance a comparsion... thats lame, why not exchanging the charity option with "buying drugs"
    or assume A,B,C spend more money on PWI than to charity, now D is the good guy because he spend the same to PWI as to charity (0 to pwi, 0 to charity)...

also you stated that A and B don't have much time to play...
    i can't imagine someone put hundreds of $ into a game that he plays for just 1-2 hours/day...
    most hardcore cash shoppers are also hardcore players with 8+ hours/day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bluelita - Archosaur
    Bluelita - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well I haven't spend any real money in pwi, but theoretically it can be sometimes more useful to spend 20$ than playing 20 hours to obtain this - especially if your time is limited and you cannot (or don't want also) permit yourself to play 7-8 hours per day. Then paying can make the game more enjoyable for these person who can play only some hours per week.
    It is true that the presentation quoted above including charity fees is a little bit orientated to say it so.. but also it is easy to judge people without knowing anything about them. Why do they play? What does playing brings to them? What do they do else in rl?
    If somebody has many money and this game is entertaining him - well, it is finally indifferent if he spends his earnings on pwi or buying a new pair of shoes.. Finally the result is the same - his money permits to pay the wages of the people working for pwi or for the shoes shop...
    What is inadmissible in reality is when a person is spending money on pwi in the same time depriving of this money his family.. a person who instead of - and here I intentionally exaggerate - paying a gas invoice for his entire family is spending this money on pwi. It is then an addition and should be cured like one..
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've honestly never played a game in which so many people were so concerned about how much "the other fellow" spends on it. More to the point, passing judgement on how someone else spends his/her disposable income.

Perhaps I'm a bit jaded, living in Vegas and all, but spending a few hundred or a few thousand dollars a week on entertainment really doesn't seem outlandish. I'd certainly never criticize someone for doing so.

If you can't spend much (or anything) on the game, well then that's your choice. If you can afford to spend $1000 a week on the game, and do so because you derive enjoyment, well then that's your choice as well.

It really isn't for you or me to say whether anyone else's expenditures on this game (or anything else, for that matter) are "good" for the other guy.
  • OdinBurton - Lost City
    OdinBurton - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Option 'C' is best.....but at my real life stastistics option A is more best for me , thx so much :))b:victory
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Option 'C' is best.....but at my real life stastistics option A is more best for me , thx so much :))
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

OdinBurton - Lost City replied to a message that was 2 years 5 months 16 days 40 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    b:cry why must you do this? b:cry
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • thisismy1life
    thisismy1life Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have spent a total of $15,250 USD over the last 4 years on this game on my main. Yes, I do have a wonderful career in which I make a lot of money. I don't hurt for anything because of the money I spend on this game, I am just blessed. This is my only form of entertainment at this time, due to an injury. It is, however, sad that the pack rate for someone who spends so much money is so poor. I have learned that you need to have a great genie in order to really get something good for pack rate return unless you cheat... The same names always in world chat for packs, would be good to have duke black just stop calling out names for anything as it just makes people resent those with the good pack rate drops. Most people accuse them of cheating anyways. Get rid of that information.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    haven't used any money in this game and i probably wont
    probably that's why i haven't gotten nix or herc or monkey or harpy but i don't feel like spending such a huge amount game coins on them either

f:victory but im still enjoying the game
  • X_Daenerys_x - Harshlands
    X_Daenerys_x - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have spent maybe 5$ since I started playing, I think bought a flyer for that some 3 years ago. But whoever says that you can do anything in this game without putting real money into it are seriously wrong. I played PWI almost daily until they started with the packs and I've pretty much quit since then, because my real friends quit and I can't seem to find anyone decent to hang out with anymore, but sometimes I get bored and still play.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.