stealth skill

altweina
altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Assassin
I was wondering I have always seen sins stealth all other the place....but it seems to be a heavy mana drain.....Is it a requirement or norm to have a mana charm or just mana food when you get higher?
Post edited by altweina on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Every time you level stealth it uses 1 less mana a second. Level 10 requires 15 mana a second, sage requires even less (not sure about demon). If you have cleric buffs that reduces it another 10, down to 5. Once you add in gear, like Cape of Tauran Chieftain it doesn't use much mana.

There are threads around here where sins have discussed what gear they use to get more than 15 mana a second regen rate so they can afk in stealth mode. Just need to search for them. So no, mana charms are not a requirement, just maybe a change of gear.

Trying to remember if your gear locks in stealth...
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Every time you level stealth it uses 1 less mana a second. Level 10 requires 15 mana a second, sage requires even less (not sure about demon). If you have cleric buffs that reduces it another 10, down to 5. Once you add in gear, like Cape of Tauran Chieftain it doesn't use much mana.

Demon Shadow Walk is 10 mp, Sage Shadow Walk 7 mp.
    Demon Shadow Escape 10 mp, Sage Shadow Escape also 10 mp.

And yeah, you can get a a cleric's buff, or you can use an apothecary. For example, Focus Powder (15 Crane Herbs, 10 Salvia Roots for 5) means you can stealth indefinitely.
    There are threads around here where sins have discussed what gear they use to get more than 15 mana a second regen rate so they can afk in stealth mode. Just need to search for them. So no, mana charms are not a requirement, just maybe a change of gear.

There's a lot of options. For example, Cape of Tauran Chieftain, Skywalker's Shoes and Nature's Breath will give you mana recovery of 14, which means level 10 will only cost you 1 mana/second, possibly none at all if you have enough +stats. Or you could add Belt of the Earth, which would put you past the 15/s.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    cool...as you can see my sin is just a baby.....It was just something that occurred to me ...ty
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Or you can just be lazy like me and buy an MP charm. :P

I came back 2 months ago, and equipped a Plat MP charm then. It still has 400k left on it, lol.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Same deal here, i never run out of mana on sin, equipped a plat. charm and still over 80%. (although i rarely use skills now, most i do is normal attack + relentless courage or windshield genie skills)