PVP - Off Button // Server Switch

Naraian - Lost City
Naraian - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Okay, so my husband brought this up. We have been playing PWI for awhile - although our levels are low... but as you can see I recently hit level 30. I've gotten a few of the "be on the game x hours" and you get "x item", I was wondering for those of us who have had our accounts made for us, could we have a PVP off//on thing? It's highly annoying when you're AFK and next thing you know you're dead. Or in the middle of a quest, waiting for a monster to re-spawn.
If not, could we have PVP zones. So we don't have to worry about dying all the time?
I know a lot of people are complaining about this, but don't want to start over. :/
If we can't do that, then do the server switch?
If you do the server switch make it have a limit per/account.
One character per/year or whatever they decide to do or make us pay like five gold or something like that...
Post edited by Naraian - Lost City on

Comments

• Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The server switch idea had been implemented (edit: sorry, I meant suggested ><) quite several times, and I think it would be a good idea for a fee of maybe $25USD per character?

About the PVP issue, I know for a fact that Lost City is a PVP server, and anyone is flagged permanently beyond level 30 and I'm assuming you have read the risks of being on a PVP server. Easy practices like AFKing at Major Cities like Archosaur, using a town port, go into a close instance/FB or even logging off while you need to AFK is the best option to prevent you from being killed by others (afterall, all it takes is a couple seconds and a couple clicks of your mouse). While you're in the process of killing other mobs and being killed by other PVP players can be an annoyance, I don't think anything can be done but just to accept the fact that you are on a PVP server. Since you're very low and I know you have mentioned the fact that you don't want to start over, I would recommend it, because the first 30 levels are real easy if you do happen to spend a lot of time on the game, and you are aware of the quests you had done. It's just a game and having fun is the major part of it.

To have a PVP "on/off" button for a PVP server does not make any sense, but if you were targeting the PVE servers, it would make sense with a 5-10 minute process of shutting off the flag with no PVP activities being done, and I'm sure a lot more people would participate in PK just so they don't have to wait long hours to have the flag to go off.
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Naraian - Lost City
    Naraian - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That's the thing. My dad made my account because of the credit card thing and he put me in Lost City, I honestly didn't know it was a PVP server until I was killed one day and when I asked somebody "WTF" all they did was laugh :/ and I've earned some of the items the PW staff gives for being on for x amount of time :/ & I can't send it over to a new character. I bought mounts, and clothes and some other things. I don't want it to be a waste of money :|
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That's the thing. My dad made my account because of the credit card thing and he put me in Lost City, I honestly didn't know it was a PVP server until I was killed one day and when I asked somebody "WTF" all they did was laugh :/ and I've earned some of the items the PW staff gives for being on for x amount of time :/ & I can't send it over to a new character. I bought mounts, and clothes and some other things. I don't want it to be a waste of money :|

There is another option to help you though, I've seen people willing to trade off items/gold per server, but I honestly don't know how it works. Perhaps you can try to world chat about trading things between servers (the server of your choice and Lost City) worth your goods. Or you can post it on the trade forum.

An example would be trading your mount in Lost City for the amount of gold in the server of your choice. (I am assuming the gold price in worth of bank notes which then you exchange for in game coins to buy gold off the auction hall? Like I've mentioned, I'm not exactly sure how it works)

As far as the rare items, if it matters that much to you besides "game content", you're just going to have to live with the fact that only this character in Lost City will be able to use it for now and as mentioned, a transfer of $25USD (or more) per character is pretty much favorable. ;)
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    GMs have already stated this is not an option that will be added to their games. (and after nearly 2.5 years of people asking I think they are sticking to that).

Your account isn't "made" on a single server - it is made with the company. You previously played JD? you can use the same account to play PWI, BOI, HOTK whatever. You can very easily start again on a new server - try it. at the log on screen click select server and choose one of the PVE ones(where you can choose when you want to pvp). 1 - 30 can be done fairly easily these days (especially as you have already done it), even a fairly casual players should be able to do it inside of a week. Once you hit 30 crazy stone and then the BH at 40+ really speeds up levelling over what it was.

Your lost city characters will still be there should you wish to go back, but you don't have to just play on one server. Similarly if you charge zen you can then transfer funds to whichever server you have a level 10+ character on. If you have unspent gold on Lost City and wish to transfer it back to your waller, raise a support ticket and the support team will put the zen back so you can transfer it to whichever server you want to play on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    GMs have already stated this is not an option that will be added to their games. (and after nearly 2.5 years of people asking I think they are sticking to that).

Your account isn't "made" on a single server - it is made with the company. You previously played JD? you can use the same account to play PWI, BOI, HOTK whatever. You can very easily start again on a new server - try it. at the log on screen click select server and choose one of the PVE ones(where you can choose when you want to pvp). 1 - 30 can be done fairly easily these days (especially as you have already done it), even a fairly casual players should be able to do it inside of a week. Once you hit 30 crazy stone and then the BH at 40+ really speeds up levelling over what it was.

Your lost city characters will still be there should you wish to go back, but you don't have to just play on one server. Similarly if you charge zen you can then transfer funds to whichever server you have a level 10+ character on. If you have unspent gold on Lost City and wish to transfer it back to your waller, raise a support ticket and the support team will put the zen back so you can transfer it to whichever server you want to play on.

If I'm lazy, 1-30 takes me 3 days. 1-20 should take a day, 20-25 another day, and 25-30 a third day. If I WANT it, I will do it in one long painful, caffeine fueled stint. >_<

During Double EXP, I got a character from 1-30 in 6 hours, and from 30-60 in 4 more days. Major burnout after that, had to take a vacation for a week. ;D Played a non-MMO for a while. XD

Anyway, I don't have any clue why they won't let people move from one server to another... If you have a 101 sin on RT, why can't you move to Sanct? I guess so one server doesn't suddenly get bogged down, or since one server has a mono-chromatic TW map, have that server empty of TW people. XD

I'm quite happy on Sanctuary. It's just interesting enough to keep me involved, though the WC needs moderated. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level