true form

XNorubux - Archosaur
XNorubux - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
i only recently started playing Pwi but what i have found doesnt quite make sense and im not the only ones i have talked to other players who agree that true forms should reflect the beast form or aka furry form as i like to call if you choose an untamed wolf then your true from should be wolf not tiger ergo panda's,tigers so on same goes for venomancers

Sincerely,
Norubu
Post edited by XNorubux - Archosaur on

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Firstly, welcome to the forums !

Secondly, I think most everyone agrees with this

Finally, please use search function before you post a suggetsion . This has been suggested a matter of thousands of times, and it's not going to be changed. If you see something has been posted 2+ times dont bring it back up, thanks and happy gaming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    welcome to PW and the forums. as the above metioned poster started. jst about everyone would love this idea but the tiger is rooted in chinese culture as the king of beasts that's why a panda man can turn into a tiger lol.

if you use the serch and put in some thing like true forms or something like that you'll most likly end up with 6 or more pages of people suggesting it lol
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think most everyone agrees with this[/COLOR]

This, but...as you will learn when you reach higher levels Outlaw that there are a huge a mount of problems with this game that remain unfixed. One of them been the devs/GMs which do not care about players opinions nor do they care about what we think.

On a side note there are private servers which have implanted this feature into their games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This, but...as you will learn when you reach higher levels Outlaw that there are a huge a mount of problems with this game that remain unfixed. One of them been the devs/GMs which do not care about players opinions nor do they care about what we think.

On a side note there are private servers which have implanted this feature into their games.

oh, I know there are many bugs and issues left un-maintained in the game, I was just saying that according the thousands of threads made, plenty of people would be for this idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    on the contrary. i dont like this idea at all. yes ive seen it suggested a thousand times. but i still disagree. here are my reasons why...

first things first... panda barb.

why the hell they added panda as a human form option is beyond me. probably becuase Chinese like it or somthing
    having it as a true form would be horrible. wolf is one thing. but panda are freaking herbivores. they eat freaking bamboo.

thats not ganna work with flesh ream... devour. or pretty much any skill.

also. wolfs are more commonly know for thier stamina and agility.they take down stuff as a pack and work together, they would be more suited for a DD than a tank
    tiger are know for thier well just sheer power. they just run up and knock the damn thing dead. tiger really fits this game better for the barb role as the tank.

an no tigers are my favorite animal. Cheetahs are. that being said i would still rather be a tiger barb than a cheetah barb. WHY? because having a cheetah be a tank is just well.. wrong. its like the exact opposite of a tiger.

pwi made the right choice when picking the animal
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tiger are know for thier well just sheer power. they just run up and knock the damn thing dead. tiger really fits this game better for the barb role as the tank.

That's quite the contradiction. Tanks are supposed to run up and take hits, not run up and knock the damn thing dead, that's a DD's job.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That's quite the contradiction. Tanks are supposed to run up and take hits, not run up and knock the damn thing dead, that's a DD's job.

Well sorry if my analogy isn't perfect, the point was tiger is more of a "tank" than the other animals. obviously in the real world non of the animals are really MEANT to be tanks. I dont think anyone is going to recommend a turtle barb either.

i had hoped to provide reason that you could agree with. but if not you going to accept those then hear this.

there is no bloody way PWI is going to waste its money and time on changing this sort of thing. They dont even bother to fix NEEDED stuff, they are to preoccupired on trying to suck every last penny from you pockets. PWE doesn't care about its players, they only care about $.

and here another tidbit. the people making these changes are in china, likley dont speak english, are busy making new games and likely cant even read these.

i tried to get to to agree with my view that this isnt a needed change. Weither it worked or not doesn't really matter. the simple fact is this ISN'T going to change not matter how much u beg or complain. your just going to have to accept that.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    on the contrary. i dont like this idea at all. yes ive seen it suggested a thousand times. but i still disagree. here are my reasons why...

first things first... panda barb.

why the hell they added panda as a human form option is beyond me. probably becuase Chinese like it or somthing
    having it as a true form would be horrible. wolf is one thing. but panda are freaking herbivores. they eat freaking bamboo.

thats not ganna work with flesh ream... devour. or pretty much any skill.

also. wolfs are more commonly know for thier stamina and agility.they take down stuff as a pack and work together, they would be more suited for a DD than a tank

an no tigers are my favorite animal. Cheetahs are. that being said i would still rather be a tiger barb than a cheetah barb. WHY? because having a cheetah be a tank is just well.. wrong. its like the exact opposite of a tiger.

pwi made the right choice when picking the animal

1.Pandas have the digestive system of a carnivore.They do actually eat meat occasionally in the wild and are sometimes fed meat in captivity.The reason why they they can digest bamboo is because of the microbes in their guts.
    2.Pandas are a revered animal in China.Of course they will put it in
    3.No idea about wolves
    4.Tigers are also revered animals in China.

Maybe you ought to read up Chinese history and mythology lest you start giving more wrong ideas about barbs and venos.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lol a wolf could "tank" by distraction!

Bite at the boss' ankles you know.

Then...

Dodge to the left, dodge to the right

One hop this time

Two hops this time.

Crisscross? o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyro_demon - Sanctuary
    Pyro_demon - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yeah ok so it might not work for barbs but what about venos? i think it is just wrong havin a bat veno turn into a fox. ok fox might be right animal for the job but they could at least make it like a cross between fox and bat like change the fur color give it a tail like the bat veno has in human form, alter the teeth to sumthin vampiresque maybe and maybe change the head a little bit as well as the ears. and do something similar with the other non-fox venos. for the barbs maybe just change the pattern and color of their fur in tiger form.
    Feel my FIERY WRATH mortals.
    You will all PERISH under my might.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    rofl, turtle barb xd
  • Pyro_demon - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    rofl, turtle barb xd

roflmao
  • Naraian - Lost City
    Naraian - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Truthfully, I really wouldn't complain. Yes, it's weird, but it gets the job done. This is a FREE game. Yes there are some problems, but still. If they do to much to the game they might have to start making us pay.
  • Pyro_demon - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Truthfully, I really wouldn't complain. Yes, it's weird, but it gets the job done. This is a FREE game. Yes there are some problems, but still. If they do to much to the game they might have to start making us pay.

yeah maybe although they could just stick it in with an expansion in the future instead of putting it all in a patch so y'know it's kinda an aesthetic thing so all they really need to do is tweak the graphics and the problem is solved. it isn't too bigga job, their cg/animation dept could do it easily in a coupla days or less. so i dunno how much it would cost to do but i wouldn't think it would be too much.