How much do you spend on this game?

Options
DebugYoCity - Raging Tide
DebugYoCity - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Hi guys, i was just curious enough to know how much do you spend on this game monthly (or weekly).

I find this game very very nice (i tried other mmos but they're not as good as Perfect World) and there was a period (7-8 months if i'm correct) i spent 200 to 300 $ per week (i was with another though). I'm starting a new char when Genesis is coming out and i plan to spend a bit more but i think anyway less than 500 $ per week (probably for a long time, cause it's going to be my main), some might say i'm a noob but i really like the stuff in Botique, it's very helpful too.

What about you? I expecially want to know about the mid and high levels, also to compare if i'm spending too much or not enough to be competitive.

Let me know people! b:pleased
Post edited by DebugYoCity - Raging Tide on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    None as of yet. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • xcliqz
    xcliqz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I know a guy that spent around 10k+ USD into this game
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Holy ****. xD $200 - $300 a week would've got me so many things, lol. I think I have spent $500 on that game in total since August of 2009. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    $150 total over the course of a year on Dreamweaver server. $0 on Harshlands.
  • Happy_Killer - Harshlands
    Happy_Killer - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    $10k + on my Barb in HT.
    $500 on my Psychic on Harshlands

And not a damn cent more, I say. They don't deserve the bloody money anymore, IMO.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39996931002&dateline=1294842593[/SIGPIC]
    My level, unlike other people, doesn't equal my IQ.
    My main's name is /\mazinggrace, a 87 Psychic on HL.
    Forums hate his username. So I rolled another account.
    Signature by Paramedic-- I support the anti-anti-QQ's!
  • XxXScarXxx - Heavens Tear
    XxXScarXxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've been playing for just over a year on several different characters. And so far I've spent $40 total.
    Spending any more would be a waste of money imo.
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    never was a big cahsshopper but i started working more and i decided to start spending money on this game, spent a total of $500 probally to get my TT99 and cashshop myself to 5APS
  • MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver
    MasterOfHell - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    with $500 you can buy:

a new laptop
    2-4 wii's
    2 1/2 ps3's

with $10k you can buy,

a used CAR

if you even spend more than that,

you can probably go to college, buy an house, and start a family for the amount of the money you spent

why do people spend so ****ing much on something that doesn't do them any good in real life? thats the million dollar question

oh an how can you afford to spend this much? even with 3 jobs you would have to be rich to throw away a quarter of a years worth of money.
    download to claim you play,
    play a god forsaken amount to win,
    pay to cheat legally.
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I dont spend none and dont want spend nothing, this game still free to play and you can get many cool items with a combination of good friends, patience and intelligence.

I was thinking spend near 40$ each month but that was after they nerfed HH, APS come and they ruin TW.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I dont spend none and dont want spend nothing, this game still free to play and you can get many cool items with a combination of good friends, patience and intelligence.

I was thinking spend near 40$ each month but that was after they nerfed HH, APS come and they ruin TW.

Yea i agree with this. you can have as much as fun if not more if you didn't spend anything as to paying
    pay to cheat legally.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    with $500 you can buy:

a new laptop
    2-4 wii's
    2 1/2 ps3's

with $10k you can buy,

a used CAR

if you even spend more than that,

you can probably go to college, buy an house, and start a family for the amount of the money you spent

why do people spend so ****ing much on something that doesn't do them any good in real life? thats the million dollar question

oh an how can you afford to spend this much? even with 3 jobs you would have to be rich to throw away a quarter of a years worth of money.

So?What is the difference in spending this same money on movies,bar,gambling(just to name a few).

I guess you do not realize not everyone works at McDonalds.
  • J_Tiger - Sanctuary
    J_Tiger - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Geezus! I've spent only $20 just for cheap wings and fashion. Several hundred dollars though?!! Some of y'all reached $1,000?!?!?! No wonder the U.S is in a recession..
  • Amourie - Heavens Tear
    Amourie - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ugh I can't even come up with the words on how disappointing it is to see such money go to waste b:shedtear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So?What is the difference in spending this same money on movies,bar,gambling(just to name a few).

I guess you do not realize not everyone works at McDonalds.

so your saying spending massive amounts of money in the cash shop is close to if not equivalent to gambling ? or going to the bar? or getting drunk? or doing drugs? it must be an addiction. LOL

I guess you didn't realize I knew some people had a full-time job.And you would more than likely be throwing away 5-7 months of groceries(or whatever you need to live) with spending 10-20k of cash on this game.
    pay to cheat legally.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hi guys, i was just curious enough to know how much do you spend on this game monthly (or weekly).

I find this game very very nice (i tried other mmos but they're not as good as Perfect World) and there was a period (7-8 months if i'm correct) i spent 200 to 300 $ per week (i was with another though). I'm starting a new char when Genesis is coming out and i plan to spend a bit more but i think anyway less than 500 $ per week (probably for a long time, cause it's going to be my main), some might say i'm a noob but i really like the stuff in Botique, it's very helpful too.

What about you? I expecially want to know about the mid and high levels, also to compare if i'm spending too much or not enough to be competitive.

Let me know people! b:pleased

HOLY SH** wtf wrong w/ u 200-300$ a week,
    not much, those r also waste of money *facedesk*

anyway iv been planin for about 24 months now, iv spent a total of 0.00$ and im in rank 9 gear peices lol...
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • LadyTsukiyo - Heavens Tear
    LadyTsukiyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Per month I used to spend $40-60 dollars just on zen cash cards/gold alone.

Now I currently don't spend anything, I quit my job in July...so no funds...no gold.
    New Year, New Server.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't care it's his wallet anyway, up to them on how to use it.

If he not trolling then those amount of money didn't mean so much for him . . b:bye
    Or for him it's worth the money, everyone has different view.

If he was my friend.
    Telling him the money can be used for something more useful, might going to make him angry instead of saying thank you. b:bye

Just like my friend that spent millions on R* (more money than his education yearly money)
    Or my other friend that talk how to use lots money like it's nothing (make me wonder)
    Also one more that buy ps3, x360, wii, new spek that able to run Crysis without much problem, LG 55LD650, all in one month. b:bye

Most of people on my country can't afford any of those, yet these small amount of people can.
    Of course i am happy to join them playing those things or getting gifts from them. b:chuckle

One of them have some cars & motorcycle shop, the other is professional free lancer, one more is steel merchant. (dunno what it's called on english sorry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so your saying spending massive amounts of money in the cash shop is close to if not equivalent to gambling ? or going to the bar? or getting drunk? or doing drugs? it must be an addiction. LOL

I guess you didn't realize I knew some people had a full-time job.And you would more than likely be throwing away 5-7 months of groceries(or whatever you need to live) with spending 10-20k of cash on this game.
    Most of htep ople I know that have spent that much USD on this game are from different countries.... they get more Zen for their buck too. one person I know in particular has spent like 14k USD in the game... he also owns several businesses and is well-off IRL, he can afford to spend that much.

I on the other hand work part time in a retail store.. and lets put it this way the last time he charged Zen it was more money then I made in two months, and he went "LOL, this is change to me" .... b:bye Its sad but thats how the world works.

On Topic: I have spent around ... 2,000 dollars b:shutup So around 1k a year... But it all came out of my entertainment budget or money from Family for Christmas and my Birthday. I don't have anything else to spend my entertainment money, since playing this game is pretty much all I do in my spare time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've spent two US dollars on this game.

But I also pawned off all the junk that went to my broken 360 for cards.

For a total of seventy US dollars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wait, we can spend rl money on this game??????????b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:faint

/sarcasm, havent and will never need to spend any, ever
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Kaledrina - Lost City
    Kaledrina - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    HOLY SH** wtf wrong w/ u 200-300$ a week,

I was writing a response to you, but it won't make any difference. Grow up.

OP: I don't spend a lot of money on this game, because my profession doesn't pay a lot (at least, not in my area/niche). However, I figure with how much enjoyment I get out of it, I could justify spending $15 per month, which is average for other p2p games, $30 a month (that's the cost of the cable I never used), or even $150 (how much I spent to smoke for around five years, which I very rarely got any enjoyment from). And someday, when my career takes off (heh.), I'll be more than happy to look at my budget again. Until then, I think I'll just keep drooling over the fashion.
  • Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    On average, I'll normally only put $10 here and there into the game. There are some months though that my work has been especially fruitful, allowing me to drop upwards of about $50 in. In a years time I may have spent about $200 in the game if you add up all the $10 amounts.

I can't see justification of spending more than that though. I mean, spending $200 in hindsight was probably a bit much for a game as well, but since I do get some enjoyment out of the game I'm willing to file it under a bad habit...much like drinking or smoking for other people.

I should also add, for the people who say they haven't spent any money in the game but are decked out in End-Game gear. Exactly how much time do you spend in the game? We could easily turn this into a question of which is more important. Money or Time? After all, if you're spending on average over 8 hours in the game a day vs. dropping a few hundred dollars, which would you say is better? The time of course being an exaggeration, but I'm curious now ^^;
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    These thread make me remember getting 300$ worth items for free when helping a friend playing a new game. He a part of the best team member on Guild Wars, he even buying one of end game equipment for his guild mate on the new game he want to play.

Hardcore sure hardcore not just when playing but also on wallet. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options

thats exactly y i was wondering wtf wrong w/ the poster, im at the point in my life were not only do i have more money than my parents, i have to lend them money, and i still cant imange what posses people to spend THAT MUCH per week, it makes me wanna .....ARRRRRRGb:angryb:angryb:angry, idc if it is nothin to them, it still looks like complte human stupidity to me. i mean there no reason to CS that much, everything can be bought w/ in game coin, i mean i can see the occational CSing when u depseratly need coin but otherwize ...*smashes head on wall*
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    $0 so far.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    idc if it is nothin to them, it still looks like complte human stupidity to me

Isn't all of us also stupid to play games as it's a routine things to do. b:chuckle
    And more funny that we argue over the game . . . b:laugh

So many things is stupid on these world, people just didn't realize it. b:bye
    Or doesn't admit it . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Isn't all of us also stupid to play games as it's a routine things to do. b:chuckle
    And more funny that we argue over the game . . . b:laugh

eh true X.X
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fashion ? 0$. Wings ? 0$. Running Nirvana with friends spending absolutely zero dollars for endgame gear ? Priceless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • DebugYoCity - Raging Tide
    DebugYoCity - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

OP: I don't spend a lot of money on this game, because my profession doesn't pay a lot (at least, not in my area/niche). However, I figure with how much enjoyment I get out of it, I could justify spending $15 per month, which is average for other p2p games, $30 a month (that's the cost of the cable I never used), or even $150 (how much I spent to smoke for around five years, which I very rarely got any enjoyment from). And someday, when my career takes off (heh.), I'll be more than happy to look at my budget again. Until then, I think I'll just keep drooling over the fashion.

Thank you, this is a nice answer.

From what i see i could even raise my budget a bit, maybe to 600$ weekly but it is something i'll have to see (i must really like Genesis).

Anyway i don't understand why people criticize that much: it would be better if i spent that money in alcohol, cigarettes or drugs? If you do those 3 things you can easily reach my budget for this game. Sometimes i have to do sacrifices, but i spend my money on this game because i really like it. If you don't then it's fine, but everyone is free to do as they please, right? b:pleased
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've spent $20 for marriage packs on sale and that's it so far.

As for people saying it brings them no 'real life value' or whatever the exact wording was, it does. I'm assuming it makes the person spending happier than (s)he was beforehand (I can't imagine anyone being sad for getting something (s)he wants). Which to me is pretty much the reason to spend money in the first place.

Yes, buying food, housing, etcetera also makes you happier than you'd be without it (I presume). So once you are satisfied with all that, why not spend the rest of your cash on something else you enjoy. The amount of cash left just varies a lot from person to person, as does the amount of happiness buying stuff in the game would bring compared to other luxuries like expensive cars, jewelery, etcetera. And don't say those items are different because they can be resold, unlike the pixels you buy from PWI; the moment those items leave the shop they're worth a lot less, so you're definitely throwing away money there too.
This discussion has been closed.