edited January 2011 in Psychic
any tips?
Post edited by skykh18 on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Find a mob, wait for 10 seconds, Aqua Cannon the mob with protections off, hit Assassins, get killed by them.
  • UrBabyMomma - Harshlands
    UrBabyMomma - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it ma sound funny but reality is im tired of sins and bms, sins ****** pop out and no matter what other psys say about expel and Ad and all that i still die, i keep SOR on and in white, boom they attack i expel they escape
    and come right back out while genie recharging and then theres the stupid occult ice
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Here's a tip for ya : APO pots. 6 seconds of invincibility. SIX seconds. Count, it takes a while.

Use AD (3.6 seconds lvl 90 genie), run like hell, apo after 3 counts (another 6 seconds), and try to nuke em with an aoe before he or they go into stealth again. That's a grand total of 9 seconds survival.

Most sins or melees are surprised that they can't harm you for so long.

Had it happen in cube of fate in pk room ("don't wanna leave"). Sin (demon) sparked but found out he couldn't kill little me (on cleric though) thx to apo which gave me enough time to take die and tele out :D. Bad sin, poor sin. Better luck next time.

Trust me, apo's are lifesavers. And with an apo, you can survive long enough to either run like hell or fly up up and away.
  • Malekith - Harshlands
    Malekith - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What's AD and are you talking about the apo that makes u invulnerable but can't move or do anything?
    "We play games, then argue about them. That's stupid.

"This world is full of stupid people who don't realize they're stupid or won't admit to being stupid."

"Many things can distract stupid people."
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What's AD and are you talking about the apo that makes u invulnerable but can't move or do anything?

AD = absolute domain, genie skill
    he is talking about that apo, if u use AD first it doesnt stun u cause AD makes u immune to stuns for some sec.
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Theres an apoth that makes u immune for a few secs but also stuns you. There is also a apoth that makes u immune for 6secs and lets u move around. Idk about ur server but on HT theres always some usually selling at west arch apoth. Along with Chi pots,etc ;P
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Theres an apoth that makes u immune for a few secs but also stuns you. There is also a apoth that makes u immune for 6secs and lets u move around. Idk about ur server but on HT theres always some usually selling at west arch apoth. Along with Chi pots,etc ;P

IG is not really an option in DW, we dont sell them xd.
    i think that some leaked into the market when cala reformed into regen and even those are like 100k each.

if we are going to talk about restricted apothecary, there is an apo that lets u see sins in stealth around ur level.
  • Happy_Killer - Harshlands
    Happy_Killer - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm just going to quote one of my favorite Harshland Psychics....

Red Tide! b:chuckle

b:sad I miss Born_Free. I can't even find her in game anymore.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39996931002&dateline=1294842593[/SIGPIC]
    My level, unlike other people, doesn't equal my IQ.
    My main's name is /\mazinggrace, a 87 Psychic on HL.
    Forums hate his username. So I rolled another account.
    Signature by Paramedic-- I support the anti-anti-QQ's!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wtf you serious??

STILL hasn't been said?

How many Psys does it take to figure out you use Soul of Retaliation and PSY WILL?

You just keep your finger on your Psy will button and keep Soul of Retaliation up. THE MOMENT you get attacked, hit Psy will and make Aqua Cannon your first attack. From there, just AOE.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wtf you serious??

STILL hasn't been said?

How many Psys does it take to figure out you use Soul of Retaliation and PSY WILL?

You just keep your finger on your Psy will button and keep Soul of Retaliation up. THE MOMENT you get attacked, hit Psy will and make Aqua Cannon your first attack. From there, just AOE.

i think that OP asked how to kill 3 sins hugging together in stealth while he doesnt see them xd

why aqua cannon instead of eath vector?
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Would be better off stunning them when Psy will is about to end so they're not stunned while you're immune to phys dmg.

That way you get more time to own them.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Would be better off stunning them when Psy will is about to end so they're not stunned while you're immune to phys dmg.

That was you get more time to own them.

but they could flee/force stealth xd
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    but they could flee/force stealth xd

If they do that, you start playing their game, calling them n00b and say how you **** their mothers, then they'll be back quickly trying to beat you again. Then you get some more time.

Or... since most of them force-stealth as soon as it says "resist" the "long" channeling from Aqua Cannon can be timed to knock them out of it.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wtf you serious??

STILL hasn't been said?

Didn't you die like three times to J0ker yesterday? Funny, I don't remember you using Psy will then.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39996931002&dateline=1294842593[/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i think that OP asked how to kill 3 sins hugging together in stealth while he doesnt see them xd

Oh sorry, wrote that with a huge headache.

Meant Earth Vector, THEN your first attack afterwards should be Aqua Cannon.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Didn't you die like three times to J0ker yesterday? Funny, I don't remember you using Psy will then.

Lolwat

J0ker's a BM, what does that have to do with any of this.
    Furthermore, Joker's a 5aps occult-ice-addicted BM. Show me one person who won't die to that at some point or another, especially in group PVP where everyone has plentiful opportunities to get the jump on others.

AND you left out the awesome part where the dude ran at me, I absolute domain'd on his stuns, soulburned him and the dude killed himself meleeing me while I sat in White voodoo. How dare you; I was proud of that kill. Especially when he trip sparked to try and purify it and had like 10 HP left, lulz.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lolwat

J0ker's a BM, what does that have to do with any of this.
    Furthermore, Joker's a 5aps occult-ice-addicted BM. Show me one person who won't die to that at some point or another, especially in group PVP where everyone has plentiful opportunities to get the jump on others.

AND you left out the awesome part where the dude ran at me, I absolute domain'd on his stuns, soulburned him and the dude killed himself meleeing me while I sat in White voodoo. How dare you; I was proud of that kill. Especially when he trip sparked to try and purify it and had like 10 HP left, lulz.

rofl <3 5aps soulburned. IH'ing clerics are more yummy though
  • SSarmento - Raging Tide
    SSarmento - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You wanna know what will happening?

Ppl beleive so much on Seekers skill to spot sins, that they will rage on forums, starting all the QQing and going back to old classes.

I might go play with new classes to see how it works, but i probally will never be op as the others that will account stash everything.

So...im looking for this update so i can see how fast we can 1 shot the new classes since they are not aps.b:chuckle
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    u guys relize that a good sin/ bm will keep u stun locked for over 10 secs so u cant apoc pot, and expel runs out, right? b:surrender
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
    edited January 2011
    Options
    u guys relize that a good sin/ bm will keep u stun locked for over 10 secs so u cant apoc pot, and expel runs out, right? b:surrender

As far as i know, you can see BM's coming a mile away. And this is about sins, not bm's.

Depending on your level, there are Detection pots, but you cannot use another apo immediately after. So the best course of action would either be :

1. use detection pot, and nuke em, if they try to come close or use shadow teleport, use AD.
    AD does immune you from stuns for 2 seconds, so you cannot be stunlocked and you're also invulnerable...attacks do nothing.

2. you can wait till one of em attacks you, use AD, run and count to 3 ,then immediately after an apo, to get a 6 second invulnerability and use your attacks.

If the sins force themselves into stealth again, run zigzag away and use holy path, until your apo/AD becomes available again.

As for the new seeker class, IF they have that famous spot sins skill, even they can't stop a sin from stunning them at some point. And that's where in my opinion the underestimated skill "knife-throw" comes in. Break their casting, shadow tele to them, stun.

I play a sin, and i know for sure that even going the demon/aps way, i invest heavily into skills as well.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Funny...I'm almost POSITIVE you can only get detection pots if you own a piece of land, and have the MAX. Apothecary skill.

Now on the other hand, you can pop a damage immunity pot, which can be made WAY easier, and at a much lower level, without having to sell your car, house, wife, and dog.....every time you think there's a Sin around.

PM someone, say you're checking for sins, AoE. Stay next to a large group of people...keep buffs on at all times...

duh duh duh duh duh....

QUI MANIPULATION.
    It's a genie skill people. It reduces mana. Sins happen to use that for stealth. What happens when a Sin runs out of mana?
    They're pretty much screwed like every other class. NO STEALTH FOR YOU! >:C

It's not that hard to get that skill....for serious.

If the Seeker is doing a CONSTANT AoE AROUND him....exactly how do you intend on getting through that? [/facepalm] The developers made this race to be ANTI-TIDEBORN....so every hole that was in their design? The EG's are probably going to make up for that, and be considered the best thing since sliced bread. Hell, the Seekers already have a defense level cutter. Does that sound like a Psychic-friendly class?
    No. I didn't think so either.

Doesn't really sound like you're Thinking-a-lot.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    QUI MANIPULATION.
    It's a genie skill people. It reduces mana. Sins happen to use that for stealth. What happens when a Sin runs out of mana?

Umm... lol?
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Funny...I'm almost POSITIVE you can only get detection pots if you own a piece of land, and have the MAX. Apothecary skill.

lvl 90 Detection pots. Sold in our server nearly daily at W-arch teleport. Never heard of BUYING pots instead of making them ?
    QUI MANIPULATION.

As if people are gonna waste a genie skill on decreasing mana.... never heard of MP charms either i suppose ? Or the MP herbs ?
    If the Seeker is doing a CONSTANT AoE AROUND him....exactly how do you intend on getting through that? [/facepalm] The developers made this race to be ANTI-TIDEBORN....so every hole that was in their design? The EG's are probably going to make up for that, and be considered the best thing since sliced bread. Hell, the Seekers already have a defense level cutter. Does that sound like a Psychic-friendly class?
    No. I didn't think so either.

How FAR does that AoE reach ? 10 meters ? 20 ? 24 ? As far as i know, a shadow teleport has a reach of 35 meters. I don't see any AoE from a seeker having that range. So you can easily TP to them from out of their AoE.

The stun from the ST also interrupts their AoE....

Doesn't really sound like you're Thinking-a-lot.

Doesn't sound you've got a lot of experience using sin skills either. We should be the ones doing a (Facepalm).
    edited January 2011
    Options

you can make then if your faction owns Raging Tides.
    Required level is apo6 (max is 8).

And thinkalot, in some servers faction restric the apo for inside us only.
    (and even some leaks are ~100k per pot, i'll rather use a GA for that sin xd)
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ahh, i didn't know that they had a restriction there....and 100K/pot is pretty expensive, although they ask about half on that on our server. 50K is expensive as well imo. But well worth it.

One more thing about sins running out of mana. I think it's a pretty stupid sin that runs out of it, since there are a lot of mp regens out there as well as mp recovery gear.

I don't see that many sins running stealthed constantly either. Maybe in TW or on a pvp server, but even then the mp recovery gear should be enough to hold stealth for a loooong time. and there's mp pots oc.

As for a genie and genie skills, you definately need holy path, you definately need absolute domain, maybe second wind, and a skill of your choice. I don't think that Qi manipulation is a skill that will be used a lot or be a fav.

Personally i prefer the skill wind prison. It silences any melee target if successful, allowing you to escape in tight situations.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ahh, i didn't know that they had a restriction there....and 100K/pot is pretty expensive, although they ask about half on that on our server. 50K is expensive as well imo. But well worth it.

One more thing about sins running out of mana. I think it's a pretty stupid sin that runs out of it, since there are a lot of mp regens out there as well as mp recovery gear.

I don't see that many sins running stealthed constantly either. Maybe in TW or on a pvp server, but even then the mp recovery gear should be enough to hold stealth for a loooong time. and there's mp pots oc.

As for a genie and genie skills, you definately need holy path, you definately need absolute domain, maybe second wind, and a skill of your choice. I don't think that Qi manipulation is a skill that will be used a lot or be a fav.

Personally i prefer the skill wind prison. It silences any melee target if successful, allowing you to escape in tight situations.

detection pots
    are ~75k in DW, white tea/sutra/zooming thuder ~50k
    I dont see any ironguards. 1-2 times i have seen a couple they are ~100k
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As far as i know, you can see BM's coming a mile away. And this is about sins, not bm's.was tlakin about sins, just included bm's since they can keep stun lock to.

Depending on your level, there are Detection pots, but you cannot use another apo immediately after. So the best course of action would either be :

1. use detection pot, and nuke em,not many ppl have access to these so not really a good option. if they try to come close or use shadow teleport, use AD.
    AD does immune you from stuns for 2 seconds, so you cannot be stunlocked and you're also invulnerable...attacks do nothing.will work the first time, but in pvp that not in the middle of nowhere, it means ur fked for the next 3 mins doesnt it?

2. you can wait till one of em attacks you, use AD, run and count to 3 ,then immediately after an apo, to get a 6 second invulnerability and use your attacks.Again, will work first time, then ur screwed for next 2-3 mins when he comes for revenge =/.

If the sins force themselves into stealth again, run zigzag away and use holy path, until your apo/AD becomes available again.if u used AD first time, chacnes r ur genie energy is low, but if u have enough magic, ya will work, but ur gonna have to fly or get on a mount or somethin bc apoca pot = 2 mil cooldown, AD = 3min cooldown
    Basicly a bunch of one shot ideas that will work, but leaves u vurnable too long for a counter-attack =/, but none the less, not bad ideas
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D