Oracle leveling.

Primal_Roar - Heavens Tear
Primal_Roar - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Guys. I have a question..b:chuckle It`s okay if i`m leveling with oracles cause the quests are so loong way to finnish and the oracles gives much spirit xp and coins :)

Thanks b:thanksb:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Primal_Roar - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Of course. :) I look forward to you pulling for my RB Wave 3 next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver
    _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Of course. :) I look forward to you pulling for my RB Wave 3 next week.

lulz, this
    Marshal of the Lvl 3 Faction SubZero on DW server, pm me in game!!!b:victory
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2011
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I like flying by wicked pirates on occasion just to see if anyone's stupid enough to oracle in pk mode.

Sometimes I hit a jackpot.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    u can also hire someone to play the game for u. i am available
  • Primal_Roar - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I dont need help with leveling lol i just asked that is okay if im leveling with oracles. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Will you get banned for oracling?, Nope.

Will you be ridiculed and shunned for oracling? Abso-****ing-lutely.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yes,

I'll set up my Oracle Shop at Angler's Village right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
    edited January 2011
    Will you get banned for oracling?, Nope.

Will you be ridiculed and shunned for oracling? Abso-****ing-lutely.

Why? b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    you think that i am lvling with oracles i don`t know how to use my spells corectly right? Well my faction has 2 high lvl barbs wich are like my mentors.:) b:thanksb:cuteb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    9 times out of 10 its not so much they cant use there skills so much as

1) they tend to have crappy gear for thier lvl Due to not making the coin/selling/exc that they get from just playing. and end up just...well lacking

2) All the ones I've ended up in faction with or Squaded with are total failures in Instances.
    (yes Barb tell the Psy to go all out on something you cant hold aggro on. then Complain about the cleric trying to keep them alive while you continue to go on with the mob instead of getting agrro back. Bah! b:angry )

3) they tend to have Big ego's cause 'omg Im level 80' But then dont know anything about...well anything!

There are of course expections. But these are just a few of the things I've seen around.
    edited January 2011
    Well im not that type of player. b:angry

I leveled good skills and i got preety nice items but i really dont know how am i in instances lol i mean i made my fb`s and bh but next time i will be more focused on this thing also ty man b:victoryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TydelWave - Harshlands
    TydelWave - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because people who oracle thru 50 levels or more reach levels quickly and have no idea how to play the character in a squad. It makes for a lot of fail characters.

Oracling has its places,

1- you're at 95% from normal questing and squading and want to reach the next level
    2-if you're very familar with your classes job within a squad and want to blow thru some levels to catch up with friends or guildies.

In general though you'll make a better player if you squad, quest and level with people of your own general game experience and level range.
    edited January 2011
    I understand BUT... you think that i`m not good in instances? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear
    Lord_Vanya - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Have no idea what you like in an instance. Just saying what people who oracle lvl tend to be like as a whole b:chuckle

But yeah. since 95% of the time its true. Players assume it will be true of you as well. thusly if people think your lvling that way, your less likley to get accepted into Squads and are more or less going to be labled a noob.
  • XSloth - Harshlands
    XSloth - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you don't learn to play the way it suits you if you oracle imho.

Ex: while waiting for someone in a bh today i asked the WR to duel me, he says to me I don't know how to duel on a wr yet this character is 3 days old.(because it isn't obvious what do in a duel against a ep) I asked why and he said he oracled his way through. all he knew to do was DG often, though I don't ever think it was timed right.
    edited January 2011
    I understand. Thanks to everybody b:thanksb:victoryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _/Light - Raging Tide
    _/Light - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Some people can level to 50+ in 3 days o.o.
    I leveled 50 times in a week (1-50) :) and it was hella fun. Of course had friends/etc.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I met a lv50 sin who oracled his way there. He wanted to duel me because "sins can own clerics easy". When I one-shotted him he asked "how can you see me, I stealthed?"

@Primal just make sure you know how to play your class. Read up on barb guides etc. and make sure you ask those mentors of yours a lot of questions, esp about squad play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    I met a lv50 sin who oracled his way there. He wanted to duel me because "sins can own clerics easy". When I one-shotted him he asked "how can you see me, I stealthed?"

@Primal just make sure you know how to play your class. Read up on barb guides etc. and make sure you ask those mentors of yours a lot of questions, esp about squad play.

I have read lots of barb builds and they are nice :) and about my mentors :) they help me with a good answer every time i ask they something :)

@Thnx b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jensul - Sanctuary
    Jensul - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think if you have a good grasp on squad tactics. Have slow leveled one char, and are starting an alt and have the cash. Go for it, oracle your heart out. If you're new and just want to catch up to the higher levels. Just don't, you can't learn from guides what practical experience will teach you.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In my opinion, as long as you know your chr's role and can play it decently theres no harm in leveling faster.

Personally, I wouldn't oracle through lower levels. It is wasteful if you aren't rich. The cost of the hypers themselves, plus going through gear faster because of the increased leveling could add up badly. At lower levels(I'm talking 1-mid 70's) bh, cs, and wq should be good enough+ quests and your leveling wont be too bad. As long as you do all your dailies you can level fast without having to spend on hypers until you start to FCC.

It's up to you. If you play well and have money to spare, by all means get up there if you want.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In my opinion, as long as you know your chr's role and can play it decently theres no harm in leveling faster.

QTF. b:victory
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    QTF. b:victory

Stands for?

Yeah pretty much, I use a guide, tho I don't Oracle :'(

:\ Darn people with money
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Guys. I have a question..b:chuckle It`s okay if i`m leveling with oracles cause the quests are so loong way to finnish and the oracles gives much spirit xp and coins :)

Thanks b:thanksb:thanks

Just be sure to do a few bhs or grind sometime so you can learn the mechanics of your class. Oracling doesn't give you the "know how" to play. It's just killing the same mob over and over and buying books.
    edited January 2011
    Just be sure to do a few bhs or grind sometime so you can learn the mechanics of your class. Oracling doesn't give you the "know how" to play. It's just killing the same mob over and over and buying books.

Well after leveling up a level everytime i`m doing a few bh`s.Also thank you b:kissb:cuteb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    anymore ppl?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belut - Heavens Tear
    Belut - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Just make sure you buy the oracles from meb:kissb:avoid
  • DavidKessler - Sanctuary
    DavidKessler - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    9 times out of 10 its not so much they cant use there skills so much as

2) All the ones I've ended up in faction with or Squaded with are total failures in Instances.
    (yes Barb tell the Psy to go all out on something you cant hold aggro on. then Complain about the cleric trying to keep them alive while you continue to go on with the mob instead of getting agrro back. Bah! b:angry )

There are of course expections. But these are just a few of the things I've seen around.

i know level 90s that havent touched orcales and dont know how to play so whats your point my sin is 75 now and i got there thure hypers and orcals and do my part just fine
    So you want to dace with the devil in the pail moonlight So lets dance