:) Have fun my second video, check em out. I Think they are good ^_^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Props on Sig to Starchief From Sanctuary :) Thnx
Post edited by Kritical_x - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    A lot better than the other **** I've seen people post. Good work. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Kritical_x - Heavens Tear
    Kritical_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thanks bruth :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ratsael - Raging Tide
    Ratsael - Raging Tide Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +1

Kudos

Fits the video and if I learned how to we would most likely have made the same vid.

(wonder how good the ending would have gone if it wasn't cut off in respect. :P)
    Friends call me, "RaveR." My enemies call me, "..." b:bye

RaveR_mnant RT
    Asura_Shiva RT
    edited January 2011
    It wasnt so great tbh :P I Liked my vid the way it is nao, but the start was dif on my computer to when i uploaded it on to youtube. I was a bit P.oed at the way it uploaded. The song by breaking benjamin was hard to get cordinated the way i did, and the time it fades out is perfect, I wish i had tuned the ending more, and the begining before i uploaded. Otherwise i think its ok. :P and it's not hard to download the video clips off the web, and use windows movie editor to edit stuff :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *ahem*

Now to return the favor you left on my thread :P

This was a very badly done trailer, and I'm about to tell you why from an artistic standpoint that's not particularly biased. I mean, I hated 95% of the entries. So trust me, it's not just yours.

For one, that organ music at the beginning? Ew. What is wrong with you? Have you no good judgment on what to use where? It sounded like "Hey, this is totally a haunted house and not a cave where mystical magic is being done." The fade-out for your organ music was also very awkwardly placed.

As for your second song choice... breaking benjamin? Really? Not that I have anything against that band, I actually also kinda like that song, but it didn't fit. It was also horribly chosen and horribly placed. Words in music detract from the action, which is what this trailer is all about... action, it's about showing off the expansion. So while you may think that you need to completely drown out the sound effects with your horrible choices in music, you missed the point that the sound effects are there for a reason.

And the third song choice? Coheed and Cambria, Welcome Home? Boy, I didn't see that coming. You know why? Because it DOESN'T FIT! There is a time and a place for chart-topping rock tunes, and a fantasy mmorpg trailer isn't it! That not only goes for you, but everyone else that used some popular mainstream rock music.

And there you have it. *takes a bow*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad i had over 50 of the 68 reviewers tell me they loved it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Where are these reviewers you speak of? In a special needs facility maybe? 100 bucks says you pulled that number out of your ***. Your youtube has 1 comment 1 dislike, 1 like, and this thread has very few posts. No need to lie to make yourself feel better and convince yourself that any advice I was kind enough to give is irrelevant to your L33t out of place score skillz.

Look dude, I gave you a very good critique. Perhaps a bit scathing, but your video stands absolutely 0 chance of winning. It's sloppy and the music is very out of place. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you could still come out with a better one by the time the deadline rolls around.

You probably won't though because you're too proud to take good advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Asulaira - Heavens Tear
    Asulaira - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    just wanted to say awesome! love it! hope it wins
    b:pleased
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    nice to have somethign a lil heavier on a trailer but i DESPISED THE ORGAN MUSIC AT THE BEGINNING it made me wanna stop watching. also i have a problem with songs that have just been put onto a trailer (meaning songs that have the lyrics in them) idk why it just seems wierd to me to have proper lyrics in a game trailer but meh. i actually liked it (apart from teh beginning) 7/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
    edited January 2011
    Yeah for some reason idk why, it fades in at start on my computer. But when i uploaded it, it played right off. Idk, I should re upload it, but Im not on same comp i was before which sucks, so i need to have my gf upload it ;-; which would be disaster in all it's self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Oh stop making excuses and just admit you miffed that part up. lol. You could go back nd change it and no one would be upset. No need to try and save face because you tried that organ music and it didn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • talius
    talius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The musical score was juvenile at best. What is with the campy organ music then jump into rock that has no resemblance to the games theme at all? I think you should "re-evaluate" what this game is, but then again, you do play on a pve server so truly have no real idea...
    edited January 2011
    :P Well if you are listening to a orchestra while playing in pvp you blow period. The songs i played where montage music, and interesting as well eye catching. The first organ clip was to critical acclaim by a7x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah organ music at the beginning is stark and uncomfortable. Also when it fades to silence is very awkward too. Just a whole different tune at the beginning would be best.
    Now I'm not against having that heavier song quality to the fight scene, but the Halo song and it's lyrics really do not go. b:surrender You can keep that heavy feel, just try to find a song that applies if you REALLY want lyrics. And find a good tune for the beginning that melds in the heavy song as well.

Edit: *points down* Oh ruffian, you trollbaiter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • ruffian7
    ruffian7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Kyna, you menstruating? or just pmsing?
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The starting music interesting to say the least, i could see what you was trying to do, may be a different kinda music of the same style would of been a bit better as it was to *heavy* so to speak, the halo3 theme i generally really like that piece and i thought it did work into the film anyway to an extent, since the beat of that track is like a "adrenalin* song it works with the battle scene, the last piece of music, well, i did see what you was attempting with it, it was ok but i wouldn't of bothered adding it in personally anyway.

i give it a 7/10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*