Something I made

Waterfal - Sanctuary
Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
edited January 2011 in The Fanatics Forum
Hea everyone ^^ thanks for taking time to take a look at this thread :3
I drew the char of a friend a while ago and wanted to share for some additional feedback :) I'm not planning on changing much on this piece anymore. But I could use some directions for other things I might make in the future :)

For a next time I want to make the nose, hair and shadows more detailed like the eye and mouth.
malloraartwork.jpg
bigger version

I had a pretty hard time on the hair in particulair. I would really like it if someone could share some trics on how to do that :3 b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
Post edited by Waterfal - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Looks nice =)

Besides those points you mentioned the only thing bugging me would only be her neck, it seems a bit off since it's too narrow (should start a few centimetres to both sides).
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    ah I see that too now :) thanks for the input ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The colors you used are really nice and calming :) I think her lips are a little off center and a little thick but you should definitely work on the rest of her body I think.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Me approves of this thread b:victory
    Damn only if I had such painting skillz ...
    ~goes back to MSPaint to draw stick people~
  • Melonbun - Heavens Tear
    Melonbun - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Beautiful work ♥
    Hair can be one of the most fun (and time consuming xD) thing to do.
    Here's a few tutorials online that you may find helpful :3

CG Society: Realistic Hair Part 1
    CG Society: Realistic Hair Part 2

This is more of an advanced tutorial, but don't let that worry you ;)
    Just take what you can from it, and apply it to your own work. I used to get really intimidated by professionals and their work since I only paint as a hobby. But, don't let it deter you from trying! It's awesome that people take the time to make tutorials so that anyone can learn from them ♥

*Youtube Tutorials*
    I learn a lot from watching video tutorials xD
    SAI Coloring - HAIR
    A little more simplified than realism, but it's a good way of learning where shadows and hilights go when thinking of hair as strand-to-strand

And here's a good one for a realistic mouth, again very time consuming (I need to learn how to spend more time on them too T__T)
    Painting Realistic Lips

Good luck with your paintings, and keep learning every new piece you do *(^__^)*
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    The colors you used are really nice and calming :) I think her lips are a little off center and a little thick but you should definitely work on the rest of her body I think.

I drew it after a char of a friend, she had lips that were a bit thick :x but indeed, they are a little off center... will work on that :) I don't know if I'll ever start at the rest of the body. But I probably will in a next piece I'll make if I find the time ^^
    Beautiful work ♥
    Hair can be one of the most fun (and time consuming xD) thing to do.
    Here's a few tutorials online that you may find helpful :3

CG Society: Realistic Hair Part 1
    CG Society: Realistic Hair Part 2

This is more of an advanced tutorial, but don't let that worry you ;)
    Just take what you can from it, and apply it to your own work. I used to get really intimidated by professionals and their work since I only paint as a hobby. But, don't let it deter you from trying! It's awesome that people take the time to make tutorials so that anyone can learn from them ♥

*Youtube Tutorials*
    I learn a lot from watching video tutorials xD
    SAI Coloring - HAIR
    A little more simplified than realism, but it's a good way of learning where shadows and hilights go when thinking of hair as strand-to-strand

And here's a good one for a realistic mouth, again very time consuming (I need to learn how to spend more time on them too T__T)
    Painting Realistic Lips

Good luck with your paintings, and keep learning every new piece you do *(^__^)*

Thanks a lot :) going to take a look at that ^^ I'm never afraid of the more advanced stuff, just another challenge to take on :)

It's unfortunate I don't get drawing and sketch classes anymore since I'm in college for multi-media design, we only get to make websites and flashmovies without much time to design. Asked for extra exercises in sketching and drawing though and hope to be able to pick up my pencil more often :3 It really is a shame that there was no option for "I wanna learn it all!" at school b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Delsedora - Archosaur
    Delsedora - Archosaur Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    awesome work :D!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wulfina - Lost City
    Wulfina - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Me approves of this thread b:victory
    Damn only if I had such painting skillz ...
    ~goes back to MSPaint to draw stick people~

Pwahahaha! We have the best mods.

*Hugs Grimmy* Am I allowed to do that? <_<

Oh well. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Insanity: Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert Einstein.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Wish I could do art like that. o_o

Seriously, my whole family has the art gene, and I apparently was the odd one out. -.-

All I got was an eye of a perfectionist...means that everything I draw sucks worse. Oh well, at least I can tell what good art is, even if I can't make it myself.

*goes back to typing essay-long posts on his iPod*

P.S. ~ Anything written after this point is completely unrelated to the thread and should not be read by anyone who doesn't care.

@Wulfina About your sig...did you know that Alfred Einstein was mildly insane? He had an intense phobia of socks. Therefore, I have concluded that any person who claims to be a genius is insane...at least a little.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Thanks everyone ^^ I hope to be able to make another one soon :)
    Really busy with school atm and for a customer (yush :D first customer thanks to my awesome teacher >:3 ) it's 28 illustrations and I still gotta make 2 of them :) so almost done with that... after that though still loads of schoolwork to catch up with ^^"

For that customer I have to make some simple-style illustrations that aren't too childish so they're oke for adults, but they should also be oke for kids ^^ I made them a simple style :)
    and ofc I can't help posting some :x
    ofc the name will be removed once I give it to my customer xD

"Taking care of yourself"

"Protect your child"

eemh.. kk they're too big for forums and too lazy to resize them atm

The illustrations will be part of a training for resource parents, so they can help children with a trauma better.
    I'm looking forward to the endresult with all the text added too :)

@Krit: hea don't worry :D I bet you have other talents ^-^ and the eye of a perfectionist can be damn usefull :3 problem with me is that I know something is wrong most of the time... But usually I can't seem to figure out what .__."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters: