Um why should we be excited about the genesis dances?

Lightvoid - Lost City
Lightvoid - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Im not looking to make a QQ thread but ijs why should we be excited about the dances,what value does it add to the game?, no seriously it wont be much better than a 1 or 2 minute laugh, of all the new features of the new expansion they chose to hype this.... IMO anyway
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lightvoid - Lost City on

Comments

• Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Considering emotes don't loop and the dances are fashion based, the cash shop part kinda killed the fun of it. It will be good for the occasional laugh, but... negh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Wait a min, we have to buy the dances?b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Wait a min, we have to buy the dances?b:irritated

I think she was saying that how the dance looks depends on the fashion worn...and fashion is, for the most part, from the cash shop.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Considering emotes don't loop and the dances are fashion based, the cash shop part kinda killed the fun of it. It will be good for the occasional laugh, but... negh.

They're not fashion based. The genesis dances are just the default dance moves for the new classes.
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    Oh i see thanks guys, saved me from a lot of QQing b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shneibel - Harshlands
    Shneibel - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    it does make it sound like the only thing good they have make in the new expansion is the emoticon and the rest are ****
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They're not fashion based. The genesis dances are just the default dance moves for the new classes.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=179161

"There will also, however, be other brand new dances, and the best part is that all of the original PWI races (and the Tideborn), will be able to execute these dances! Adding an interesting wrinkle to PWI, these new dances will be activated by wearing certain fashion sets, so you'll be able to pick out your favorite dances for each of your characters." b:avoid
    Retired b:bye
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    edited January 2011

Um yeah i saw the news thread, but never made it past that image of a slightly *** barb with his hands in the airb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011

"There will also, however, be other brand new dances, and the best part is that all of the original PWI races (and the Tideborn), will be able to execute these dances! Adding an interesting wrinkle to PWI, these new dances will be activated by wearing certain fashion sets, so you'll be able to pick out your favorite dances for each of your characters." b:avoid

What that means in practice is overpriced fashion in the Boutique that changes your animation.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What that means in practice is overpriced fashion in the Boutique that changes your animation.

My thoughts exactly b:bye
    Retired b:bye
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    "There will also, however, be other brand new dances, and the best part is that all of the original PWI races (and the Tideborn), will be able to execute these dances! Adding an interesting wrinkle to PWI, these new dances will be activated by wearing certain fashion sets, so you'll be able to pick out your favorite dances for each of your characters."

So the dance for the Car Salesman Jacket will be ya toon chewing gum and scratching it's crotch ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I think she was saying that how the dance looks depends on the fashion worn...and fashion is, for the most part, from the cash shop.

Are you dropping a hint of a 'Business idea' ?
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    seriously.... i saw the preview of the EG dances frankie posted in the News the other week and just wanted to puke.....

And Conavar above...... LOL!!!! that was funny lol
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011

as long as these fashions/dances give no OP buffs i am fine with that...

oh wait...i shouln't have pointed that out...b:shocked

now PWE might exploit this for PROFIT...b:avoid
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    as long as these fashions/dances give no OP buffs i am fine with that...

oh wait...i shouln't have pointed that out...b:shocked

now PWE might exploit this for PROFIT...b:avoid

outfits in jade can give special skills already... they dont need hints b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    And.. swearing you should REALLY buy that car now... because he has an Archer Elf and his wife interested in making an offer on it..

I loledb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it's true, dances aren't exactly an integral part of the game, but what really surprised me about them was how different they are from all of the dances that have existed up to now.

I think we all can agree that pre-genesis dances are a bit lacking in style, uniqueness, and entertainment value, so for this reason I personally am pretty excited about the amount of care that has gone into the new dances. If so much care is being put into one small aspect of the expansion, then I think it bodes well for the rest of it.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    We're supposed to get excited about them because they are "hip" and "dope" and "off the chain"....yo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, it's true, dances aren't exactly an integral part of the game, but what really surprised me about them was how different they are from all of the dances that have existed up to now.

I think we all can agree that pre-genesis dances are a bit lacking in style, uniqueness, and entertainment value, so for this reason I personally am pretty excited about the amount of care that has gone into the new dances. If so much care is being put into one small aspect of the expansion, then I think it bodes well for the rest of it.

agreed but then to say i would be getting excited would be seeing the entire game get a face lift instead of just the new content and new classes... just sayin

to have a good structure is to have a good foundation, not just a pretty thing on top
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FallinShadow - Heavens Tear
    FallinShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I just want one where I can dance to Make It Rain by Travis Porter tho... ijs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Keke Zolanski in da Haus!
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't care about the dances either. I mean they look funny and all, but who cares.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally am pretty excited about the amount of care that has gone into the new dances. If so much care is being put into one small aspect of the expansion, then I think it bodes well for the rest of it.

Will all end in tears when the dances rubberband .. ijs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Overpriced, underpriced, heh. All a matter of preference really. Fashion is mere eye candy anyway as it has absolutely nothing to contribute in actual PvP or PvE game play. It does contribute to adding a unique quality to each character based upon personal preferences and the dances just adds to it. That's worth something to a lot of people who play just enough for them to pay a little zhen for.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You'll have to enter a special key sequence on your keyboard to activate it. Like a certain game, for a certain game console... b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Details are what make good artwork great.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Oh, I thought he was talking about the ones they showed a preview for which are for the earthguards and not fashion bound. xD

By other brand new dances they mean completely different ones from those right - or are they going to be the same?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I would be more exited if they said they will try to fix game balances and bugs.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Question is, do you have to have the full set of a particular fashion to get the dance or what?

Could neglect those that mix and match and those that just wear pants and shoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Question is, do you have to have the full set of a particular fashion to get the dance or what?

Could neglect those that mix and match and those that just wear pants and shoes.

This is a good point. Is there a system for Mix-matched fashion?

Another good question is, will any of the previous sets have a dance feature?

Good idea for PWE, if the Celestial Tiger event is active when genesis comes out. Add a dance to the Celestial Set. Gives something for those that acquired the set via Celestial Shards/Insignias something to awe at. (non owner of the set so no comments)
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWE is merging Perfect World with Steps Dance Party b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]