Which class to choose.

ssx113
ssx113 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Yo yo everyone.

Ive just redownloaded the game after not being able to play it for nearly a year, and I've totally lost like all skill etc and have no idea whats going on in PW !

I decided to start again and scavange what i can from my old characters, however im am stuck in deciding what class to choose. I know the new race comes out some time in febuary, and im gonna go for seeker when it is out, but til then i need to get used to the game again.

So yea my main point is really what class would you suggest i become.. Thankss :)
Post edited by ssx113 on

Comments

• Nubbinz - Harshlands
    Nubbinz - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    allright, first things first, each class is good they r just good in different ways. if u want a good class to start with= VENO they have a pet tht can tank for them while they stand behind and attack with magicb:victory if you want a bit harder one then go for BM or Barb they both r mele and BM is a rounded out char. Barb is a tank and has a lot of HP if you wanna know more about them go to google and just google one of the classes and then put PWI at the end of the search

hope this helped
    b:byeb:pleased
  • WalderBlue - Dreamweaver
    WalderBlue - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ssx113 wrote: »
    Yo yo everyone.

Ive just redownloaded the game after not being able to play it for nearly a year, and I've totally lost like all skill etc and have no idea whats going on in PW !

I decided to start again and scavange what i can from my old characters, however im am stuck in deciding what class to choose. I know the new race comes out some time in febuary, and im gonna go for seeker when it is out, but til then i need to get used to the game again.

So yea my main point is really what class would you suggest i become.. Thankss :)

It really depends. But you have to know that everyone says their opinions: a psychic will advise you to play a psychic, an assassin will advise you to play assassin, etc. I'll advise you to read the wiki for better infos.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Since I can't find my "How many legs do you have?" thread, I shall instead decree...

You shall be an ARCHER.

Go forth, and ARCH.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Heres my opinion on classes (I've tried to be as unbiased as possible :)

Venomancers are good for beginners, or those wanting to restart the game after a long hiatus and forgetting everything. As Nubbinz said, they have a pet that can tank for them, which means you'll be able to solo things much easier. Also, venomancers have two skills that make grinding much easier if you happen to run out of pots.

Clerics can be fun to play; after all you can heal and buff yourself as much as you want :) Also clerics are in high demand along with barbs (tanks) in bhs and fbs which would make it easy to get into squads.

Barbarians are also in higher demand as they are the main tank of the game, though a skilled BM could also take the tanking role. This would also make it much easier to find squads :)

Archers are long ranged DDs which is good because it means you can (hopefully) kill it or get most of its HP down before it hits you.

Wizards are another 'long ranged' DD class... only got my wizard to level 30 so I can't say much about middle to endgame, but at level 59 you get an awesome skill, Black Ice Dragon Strike which looks pretty badass and deals pretty good damage.

Blademasters...also haven't leveled mine past 40 so again I can't really say about personal experience in middle-endgame, but at level 80+ you'll be wanted dearly, along with clerics and barbs in frost squads. Which is great :D (I've only found 1 squad for frost, and everyone left as soon as we got to runewolf QQ)

Psychics... never played one. But apparently they shine in group PvP at higher levels. Plus, their skill animations look rather awesome :) They have an AoE heal which is good for grinding, and are quite good DDs if you're not a hyper/oracle extrordinare and doesn't know how to play their class :o

Assassins :D About 99% of the server is an assassin (I'm joking about that, but there are a LOT of assassins. No offence :o I love you assassins b:kiss) If you love to PvP then this is the class for you...they were practically BUILT for pking. They turn invisible, they stun you for ages, they hit you a bit and after you've keeled over, pop back into stealth. Well, maybe not all assassins do this, but the majority do :S

Hope this helps :)

~Ved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Assassins :D About 99% of the server is an assassin (I'm joking about that, but there are a LOT of assassins. No offence :o I love you assassins b:kiss) If you love to PvP then this is the class for you...they were practically BUILT for pking. They turn invisible, they stun you for ages, they hit you a bit and after you've keeled over, pop back into stealth. Well, maybe not all assassins do this, but the majority do :S

And later on replacing some other class job. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    And later on replacing some other class job. b:bye

Indeed b:surrender

I can't count the number of times I've tried getting my bh and getting pms saying "o nvm we got sin now sorry" D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • adda1212
    adda1212 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    uh yeah...so whats the best class 4 a noob b:puzzled
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Venos are apparently the most noob friendly. Personally I find clerics the most noob friendly, but that's just my biased opinion (but you do get access to heals and buffs whenever you want).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    adda1212 wrote: »
    uh yeah...so whats the best class 4 a noob b:puzzled

depends on how you like to play and what you'd like to do in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.