dueling as a cleric and healing but apperently cheating in duels?

Options
revelution
revelution Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
Here's my little rant/question, I've played a ton of classes and i love to pvp, but when i joined a certain guild as a cleric and tried pvping people in the guild on him, i was apperently labelled "a cheating noob who can't win without heals"

i know that potions and genie skills are frowned upon by some people, but is using a healing skill from your class really that bad?
Post edited by revelution on

Comments

• SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Our heals are skills. Asking a cleric to not heal is like asking a sin not to stealth or a veno not to call a pet. If they cannot get past their healing-phobia, dump them and find another guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you arent allowed to heal, bm's can't stun lock, wizards can't nuke, etc

duels are only really worthwhile if you are putting your all into it - as you would in real pvp. just standing there seeing who can get hp to 0 first makes for quick duels rather than ones that test your actual skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I suggest telling them to QQ more :3
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What I've found out in duels is that attacking the other person is considered cheating.
    Ok not yet but it's going to get to that point. ijs b:surrender
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They need to get over it.

Ironheart is a big part of what makes a cleric so frightening in PvP. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If they can't kill you through your heals then they lose. On the other hand if you sit there spamming IH desperately trying to stay alive while the other guy throws everything but the kitchen sink at you, I can understand why he'd be upset.

Bottom line, though? It's a part of the class, like the people above me said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nubs will always be considered nubs depending on how hard the trolls flame one another. So use your heals, they are "skills". If someone tells you otherwise then they themselves fail vs clerics in dueling and open pk. So use all of your skills.b:victory
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I suggest telling them to QQmoar :3

jeez if your gonna tell him to troll, teach him how to do it right...

Tell you what man, next time you go on a bh with this faction of yours and somebody who QQ'd about you using heals needs to be healed, don't heal him b:cute

If he requests a heal, nicely inform him that heals are for noobs and that all clerics are just metal mages b:victory
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maybe your opponents aren't worthy assuming that they are not able to beat a healing cleric.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    revelution wrote: »
    Here's my little rant/question, I've played a ton of classes and i love to pvp, but when i joined a certain guild as a cleric and tried pvping people in the guild on him, i was apperently labelled "a cheating noob who can't win without heals"

i know that potions and genie skills are frowned upon by some people, but is using a healing skill from your class really that bad?

RULES TO LIVE BY:

1 - During PVP there is only ONE rule - Don't be the one to die.

2 - During Duels, ask before hand (do we pot or use genies?) - if no, then ALL of your skills (except genie and potting) are considered okay to use. You are a cleric, healing is what you do.....

3. If after this someone continues to QQ, then pat them on the back, as you softly say "I suggest you.... get over it"... (and reach over with the other hand to click their name in chat and BL).... because listening to whining is bad for your PWI health...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    Lightvoid - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Reminds me of how one of my guildies QQs about me me using Sutra and Bodhisatva b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They need to get over it.

Ironheart is a big part of what makes a cleric so frightening in PvP. b:surrender

Lol, for me cleric are the worst class to pvp really.... nothing against them though
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lol, for me cleric are the worst class to pvp really.... nothing against them though

You're a sin. You play easy mode. o:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You're a sin. You play easy mode. o:<

Very true
    But you play a psy, the easy mode of wizard, so I don't think you can call sins out either b:bye
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

You are a cleric, you're meant to heal, only thing you should not be using as a player in general is genie, pots and veno's pets which are cheating.

@ spot LOL. clerics > sin with sleep and immobilize.

You guys have no idea, unless you're playing a veno, the first hitter wins. That's why PVP is so easy if you hit first.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You are a cleric, you're meant to heal, only thing you should not be using as a player in general is genie, pots and veno's pets which are cheating.

@ spot LOL. clerics > sin with sleep and immobilize.

You guys have no idea, unless you're playing a veno, the first hitter wins. That's why PVP is so easy if you hit first.

It's not quite as black and white as that, having the first hit only means you have an advantage, it doesn't mean you'll win 100%. Honestly, sometimes getting the second hit is better depending on how you fight... :P
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As said before, it's part of your class :) so heal away if you have to do so to win ;)
    I use my pet, bramble hood, bramble guard, purge and such also in duels.. so why not?

If you're dueling with friends you can always make up rules like not allowed to use x skill.
    I usually keep winning over friends of mine who play melee chars because of bramble hood :P so we sometimes make the rule I don't use it, to see if I can still win without it b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Right, so the duel came once, i ih'd before the time, one shotted the bm.
    He says no heals this time.
    So we go again, i use plume shell, i one shot him again.
    He says no plume shell.
    We go again, i one shot him again.
    He says "you not allowed to have buffs" (yet he has)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Right, so the duel came once, i ih'd before the time, one shotted the bm.
    He says no heals this time.
    So we go again, i use plume shell, i one shot him again.
    He says no plume shell.
    We go again, i one shot him again.
    He says "you not allowed to have buffs" (yet he has)

what's next, removing weapon, armor and fashion? XD
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Fashion is hacks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hahaha who knowsb:surrender
  • xbadgerx
    xbadgerx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

lol...thats funny thing to say....is like telling a bm not to stun, or a veno not to use pet,
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

Dude naked people hit effing hard

Also, on my BM, I've fought other BMs and after I beat them they complain about my stunlocking them and saying that's the only reason I won... Well duuuuuuuuh, we have them for a reason... idiot -.-
  • Mr_Cupid - Raging Tide
    Mr_Cupid - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Answer is No, it's not cheating. You will also learn to kill all without healing at all. Stun em be it your skill or genie's, debuff+tempest vs physical; spark+plume shot vs robe. No heal needed b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if healing is cheating then attacking is cheating too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you heal during the duel and your faction members are complaining just tell them to **** of b:laugh. It is in no way cheating, is it cheating if a barb uses invoke, a bm spams stuns, psychic uses psychic will or reflect, a sin uses stealth?

But imo if you do what alot of clerics do stack ih during the countdown to the start of the duel, seal the other player once duel starts, stack more ih, debuff (immobilse if a phys class) spark and then kill them i could see why they would by pretty pissed. b:laugh
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Get a new faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    perhaps a few lowbies getting their butts hurt. tell em to "qq more plz, meh healz makin meh high"
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]