iloveu0810 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Archer
about how much should it cost in AH?
Post edited by iloveu0810 on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Too much for you to afford before you pass the levels where it would be useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • RuneSeeker - Harshlands
    RuneSeeker - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    iloveu0810 wrote: »
    about how much should it cost in AH?

It will cost you around 200-400k depending on sockets, shards, and refines.
    @ Falcon, Before lv 42, it is quite possible to save up much more than 400k, if I understood you correctly.

As a reference, I bought mine for about 250k and it had 1 socket (at this lv getting 2 sockets don't really matter much). I refined it to +1 and added a gem and after I out-leveled it, I sold it for 350k, and it was bought very quickly.
    Original Join Date: Nov 2008, from LC. Fun times back then with RageQuit, AxeGanG and GuardianZ.
    -Improvise, Adapt and Overcome-
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38260072001&dateline=1292187452[/SIGPIC]
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i sold my sinister shooter to a barb for 250k, it had +1 and a garnet up to level.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I went all out on my archer, spoiled her. Mostly got the molds and made them, but then, I had coins to burn from my main, and since things are kinda being fail right now for my Main, figured it would be well spent decking out my Archer. Made rampaging up through the levels doing quests only very easy, I made a ton of coins, and the legendary bows I got I will keep for my Sin, while I'll either use the crossbows/slingshots on an alt archer if i ever make one, or just resell for profit.

I would say, go for the shooter. Worth it IMO. only time to start thinking about not going Legendary weapon is when you get to 80 and have a choice between good TT weapons and legendary.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Bull****.

I found one for 150k, which is about $0.20 in today's terms.
    edited January 2011
    [/surrender]

Forgive me, I come from the Stone Age when Sinister Shooters would cost more than 200-400k coin. Wasn't aware that the price had dropped like a stone - and I haven't been level 42 for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • ssorsha
    ssorsha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Bought mine with Flawless and refined +3 for 750K at lvl 35 together with Shaman armor +2, and yes, if start thinking what you would need in about 10-15 lvls you can save/make money with ease by that time. No, I am not a CS, farming, anyone? at lvl 3X you can shoot them centerpix kings and skeletons right next to them for drops, while farming iron ore, coal and lumber/herbs by Allies camp. At one point I had a 100 of each, which you can dump off in my catshop in Archo (pm me for coord b:chuckle) or better open up yours and sell for enough coin to outfit your archer.
    On a side note, bought a SS +2 with 2(!) flawless shards for 230K b:dirty yesterday, immediately resold it for 800K within 1-2 hours, and now it's in AH for 1.2 MMb:shocked
    right now I almost have enough money/mats for Bracers of blood Moon, that I will need in 5 lvls, need 10 more silver orders, anybody selling? I pay 300K each, pm me on Raging Tide if you have any. So yes, with planning ahead it is possible even without cash shopping.
  • DeathVark - Raging Tide
    DeathVark - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ssorsha wrote: »
    Bought mine with Flawless and refined +3 for 750K at lvl 35 together with Shaman armor +2, and yes, if start thinking what you would need in about 10-15 lvls you can save/make money with ease by that time. No, I am not a CS, farming, anyone? at lvl 3X you can shoot them centerpix kings and skeletons right next to them for drops, while farming iron ore, coal and lumber/herbs by Allies camp. At one point I had a 100 of each, which you can dump off in my catshop in Archo (pm me for coord b:chuckle) or better open up yours and sell for enough coin to outfit your archer.
    On a side note, bought a SS +2 with 2(!) flawless shards for 230K b:dirty yesterday, immediately resold it for 800K within 1-2 hours, and now it's in AH for 1.2 MMb:shocked
    right now I almost have enough money/mats for Bracers of blood Moon, that I will need in 5 lvls, need 10 more silver orders, anybody selling? I pay 300K each, pm me on Raging Tide if you have any. So yes, with planning ahead it is possible even without cash shopping.

dang, sorry, that was my farming alt
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    [/surrender]

Forgive me, I come from the Stone Age when Sinister Shooters would cost more than 200-400k coin. Wasn't aware that the price had dropped like a stone - and I haven't been level 42 for a long time.

It hasn't. Shop around, there are bargains to be found.
    edited January 2011
    It hasn't. Shop around, there are bargains to be found.

As there have always been. However, possible deals off of unsuspecting players vary greatly from current market prices - which, way back when, were higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    RT AH I got the Mold for 300k same for the Shaman Barbarian LA.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As there have always been. However, possible deals off of unsuspecting players vary greatly from current market prices - which, way back when, were higher.

I HAVE a Wheel of Fate on my Wiz. It's two socket, +5, two sapphire gems at weapon's level. I bought it that way off AH for 800k about a month and a half ago. Good deal? You're joking, the molds were going for 1.2 mil. I can't even find a single socket, unrefined, no shard Wheel of Fate for less than 1.2 mil. And that was back when stuff was expensive.

I picked up a Moonlight Bow, 1 socket, +3, good garnet in it, for 400k off AH.

It's deals like that that are awesome, and why sometimes I spend 2-3 hours in AH.

Then again, rare pet scrolls are stupid. They tend to go for 40 mil plus, and if you end up buying one, ends up being a waste for that much. I see some of those scrolls getting relisted in AH for weeks, or months. You sell it for 10 mil, the buyer will simply relist it in AH for 40 mil to try and make a 'quick buck', though it will be there for a very long time at that price.

Sinister Shooter tends not to be like that... Find one cheap, buy it. Don't find it cheap, don't buy it. maybe you'll find one for cheap with awesome refine. But honestly, people with high refine gear aren't gonna let it go for cheap...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level