WIz vs. 2011

_beto_ - Raging Tide
_beto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Wizard
No, is not the new capcom Street Fighter game...

I was just wondering if some game developer could give us a nice answer about the present/future to all Wizards in PWi.

I agree that a good wiz, still can hold some pvp, but things are getting always worst.
I dont know whats going on other server but, in Raging Tides, there are rly few wizards.
Most, have rerolled sins, others, have spent many many golds to reach end-game refines and shards.

During all the day, world chat keep spaming "LF aps DD for Nirvana"
When u finally see a "LF aoe DD for FC" a wiz should say, "Nice, im a good aoe DD, lemme pm this guy. "Hi, lvl 100 wiz" and the answer u have is, "full sry, they got a sin"

b:victory nice! now sins are tanks, clerics (bp), DD's, and can AOE too! b:victory

basicly, a wiz should do only Bh and use ca$h to survive atm, since money instances need aps aps aps aps.

I saw the new Seeker skills today in pwi website and, LOL, they have Dragon Breathe!!

Dear PWI, is there any improvement for old classes going on?
cuz at this point, i would love to have arcane gear with interval, bloodpaint and why not, Demon spark that increase aps instead of channeling!

Hope we get get something new too! (dont forget vintage classes have more then 4 years of concept!)

peaceb:thanks
Post edited by _beto_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol the seekers DB is just insane hits in 1.5 sec intervals, meaning there wont be even any point taking wiz in RBs.
    and i bet sins BP will work on seekers too ... they wont even need clerics soon lmao

anyways i dont see any point in playing wiz anymore i might just delete my wizzie (recently i only do OHT daily on him anyway)
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:cry I know all too well how hard it is being a wizard these days. I'm level 101 at 20% and I have only been able to do Nirvana a total of 15 times since I reached level 100. I have heard and seen it all. In world chat people are asking for DDs but when you PM them you get sorry full, sorry we need a blademaster or assassin. Sometime right after I PM them and tell them I'm a wizard, the very next thing I see in chat box it their message has changed from saying need DDs to need BM, sin or archer. I have even seen them tell me sorry full and a min later I see them in world chat again asking for people to join their squad. If wizards are not DDs, then what are we? b:cry Someone was telling me they are going to lower the 5 aps to 2.5 aps, but I think this still won't help wizards enough to make us useless again. The game developers are trying to kill us all off. They replaced many wizards with the tideborn. Now they are trying to kill off the rest of us. A friend told me he knows a friend that plays on the Chinese server and he said mystics have a skill like dragon's breath. If seeker have a skill like this too. :(It seems like people only like having a wizard in rebirth runs and in TWs, but if both the seeker and mystic have a dragon's breath like skill, then wizards will be replaced in both. And for TWs, seekers wear heavy armor like a blademaster but they do magic melee damage. People aren't going to want wizards to even join their guild. It looks like both new classes were designed to replace wizards. b:cry As bad as things seem like they will get, I fear it will be worst then I can imagine. b:sad
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh look at that, people start to realize what I predicted. Can't say I feel sorry for this game or wizzies, since most of them couldn't care less and some people even flamed. b:bye

For wizzies who still don't get it, not much I can say except, let go off that pride for a bit and use some objective analysis / unbiased research.
  • Mobot - Lost City
    Mobot - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wizes are broken. Our only viable skill (DB) is now being overpowered by the new seeker aoe. Wizes are useless in every instance of the game. Way to go PWI.
  • _beto_ - Raging Tide
    _beto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh look at that, people start to realize what I predicted. Can't say I feel sorry for this game or wizzies, since most of them couldn't care less and some people even flamed. b:bye

For wizzies who still don't get it, not much I can say except, let go off that pride for a bit and use some objective analysis / unbiased research.

im listening...
  • Ryunova - Heavens Tear
    Ryunova - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When I joined pwi long ago, it was all about "a perfect balance" between classes. Yeah sure, venos were able to solo some of their FBs, tilting the balance a bit, but it wasn't this bad. Since the Tideborn race was released, almost all classes have lost their use - wizards most of all.

Every psycic and assasisn out there steals agro not only from wizzards and archers but also from high level barbarians causing one squad wipe after another. Loosing experience isn't as much a factor as enjoying an instance less when everyone need to be revived time and time again. I know for a fact that they are not doing it on purpose - I went into a FB39 with my girlfriend's psy not long ago and told her not to start attacking untill the monster has lost atleast a third of it's health. She ended up stealing agro anyway and another squad wipe followed - it's not the players causing this, the developers made this new class too powerful.

Now enter the new race. They will probably make the tideborn absolete and human classes will be forgotten. As we saw with the new skills being released, the seekers alone replace humans all together.

The common reply is: "If Perfect World International isn't for you anymore, please feel free to try one of our other games."

One thing is certain - I'm not going to stop playing my blademaster and certainly not my wizzard. Fine - let other races invite these new races to their squads. But a week ago a squad I was in freaked out because this DD was able to controll his power, leaving agro to the barb, saving the cleric from a game of ping pong and the instance being completed without a single death.

As the first intorduction to pwi initially read: "Humans are a loyal, proud and heroic race and a valuable ally in any squad." I will keep playing to keep proving this to be true.

As for suggestions - The new race will be wielding their weapons on their backs when not in combat mode. This, to me, is their best feature. I would like to see my magic sword mounted on my back too.
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    BB wizards lmao , i might delete this char in march or somethin lol

no way i play for almost 2 years, so i can use a lvl 100 char to do my OHT daily then log off.

i loved to do RB Gamma or Delta anyways, our only usefull skill we still have is made useless. i got DB on demon and i just read that the Seeker's DB is at lvl 1 more powerfull each hit that my demon DB + they hit twice in the time i hit once in DB.

So any squad taking a wizard for RB in future must be insane or somewhat. Since no body cares anymore if they can do an instance at all, no they care how fast they can do that.

WTG PW ...
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    BB wizards lmao , i might delete this char in march or somethin lol

no way i play for almost 2 years, so i can use a lvl 100 char to do my OHT daily then log off.

i loved to do RB Gamma or Delta anyways, our only usefull skill we still have is made useless. i got DB on demon and i just read that the Seeker's DB is at lvl 1 more powerfull each hit that my demon DB + they hit twice in the time i hit once in DB.

So any squad taking a wizard for RB in future must be insane or somewhat. Since no body cares anymore if they can do an instance at all, no they care how fast they can do that.

WTG PW ...

source? i read a ton of ridiculous things about the new expansion...
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is so very very depressed right now for all the work put into my wizzy .
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I will not be deterred however I know how it feels as a wizard especially in times where sins, bms and any other class that can effectively use 4/5 aps dominate the game. On the pvp side of things I will see how they stand.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Is so very very depressed right now for all the work put into my wizzy .

for RB? it's not that profitable anyway and it's not like people are going to exclude wizzies..

wizzies and psys were useless for most stuff a looong time ago; we have nothing to loose.
    the seeker aoe would probably be like DB; so for the 2 times u will do full delta u will have to compete with a seeker (and a psy). or two archers. or a r9 wiz.
  • Asherkill - Raging Tide
    Asherkill - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When I joined pwi long ago, it was all about "a perfect balance" between classes. Yeah sure, venos were able to solo some of their FBs, tilting the balance a bit, but it wasn't this bad. Since the Tideborn race was released, almost all classes have lost their use - wizards most of all.

Every psycic and assasisn out there steals agro not only from wizzards and archers but also from high level barbarians causing one squad wipe after another. Loosing experience isn't as much a factor as enjoying an instance less when everyone need to be revived time and time again. I know for a fact that they are not doing it on purpose - I went into a FB39 with my girlfriend's psy not long ago and told her not to start attacking untill the monster has lost atleast a third of it's health. She ended up stealing agro anyway and another squad wipe followed - it's not the players causing this, the developers made this new class too powerful.

Now enter the new race. They will probably make the tideborn absolete and human classes will be forgotten. As we saw with the new skills being released, the seekers alone replace humans all together.

The common reply is: "If Perfect World International isn't for you anymore, please feel free to try one of our other games."

One thing is certain - I'm not going to stop playing my blademaster and certainly not my wizzard. Fine - let other races invite these new races to their squads. But a week ago a squad I was in freaked out because this DD was able to controll his power, leaving agro to the barb, saving the cleric from a game of ping pong and the instance being completed without a single death.

As the first intorduction to pwi initially read: "Humans are a loyal, proud and heroic race and a valuable ally in any squad." I will keep playing to keep proving this to be true.

As for suggestions - The new race will be wielding their weapons on their backs when not in combat mode. This, to me, is their best feature. I would like to see my magic sword mounted on my back too.

i salut you
    eeew gltich. no its been there for 3 months its one of pwi many features :D
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you can't beat them, join them.

Restat to CV claws imo. APS mage is the way to go.

Honestly, if you haven't figured it out yet, mages have ALWAYS had the short end of the stick from the the day servers opened. QQing isn't gonna get you anywhere.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    no probs. I raised a 4 aps to make cash for my wiz. Pretty good deal. APS need good gear if they TW or PvP, for farming you'd be amazed how little is actually enough.
    From that point on, work your way up.

Seeker looks like the new sin. Well, was expecting it to be honestly.
    Now the only question that remains is: Aps nerf or not.
    Without aps nerf Seeker will basically be better than wiz/bm/sin/archer for aoe.
    with aps nerf Seeker will totally replace a number of classes. Feel free to guess which ones lol.

in PvP I can see a new top dog. mag and phys dmg, skill to see invis sins, self centered aoe while moving to knock sins out of stealth. 30% def LVL increase that basically scales extraordinarily good with ornament refines and a good HP pool coming from HA refines.
    -interval gear will still benefit the dmg output even if seekers can't wear claws/fists.
    I assume some stuns as for any respectable melee class... and there u go, imagine the possibilities.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2011

redemption in FW
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    redemption in FW

If you would play FW you would do the biggest mistake. FW is same company. Is just question of time when it happens the same as in PW.
    This is their business model.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    .....As for suggestions - The new race will be wielding their weapons on their backs when not in combat mode. This, to me, is their best feature. I would like to see my magic sword mounted on my back too......

You know whats funny about this, The Weapons on the back when not In Combat is an Idea that they are using for all Races in Forsaken World, the Game they are releasing in February as well, And basically, Its just PWI but with different races, all the classes are almost exactly the same. And my plan is, when these seekers come into play and catch up to my main, I quit, T'borns knocked me around enough In BH's and made me feel useless, Im not letting this Seeker or Mystic do the same, I know from the Start that the Seeker was a Combination of the BM and Wiz, for those that couldn't decide witch one to play, just play a seeker, The Mystic, well, its looks like a Cleric Crossed with a Veno, just wait till next year, they'll Replace the barbs as well, Sins Replaces the Archer, Psy's Replaced the Wiz, give it a year, and you wont see many of the original classes around, When that happens, Thats when they'll bring in this whole Genesis thing and just delete the game, or Completely change it.
  • hahahahahahah1
    hahahahahahah1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you would play FW you would do the biggest mistake. FW is same company. Is just question of time when it happens the same as in PW.
    This is their business model.

Agreed with the quote. Also nice to see the wiz community finally crack. b:laugh
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you can't beat them, join them.

Restat to CV claws imo. APS mage is the way to go.

Honestly, if you haven't figured it out yet, mages have ALWAYS had the short end of the stick from the the day servers opened. QQing isn't gonna get you anywhere.
    hm wait a moment how are APS mages called wasnt it Psychic? The Wizard is a DPH character and will always be regardless of how much -chan you might have
    The real problem with the seeker is that it looks like the seeker is a new physical DPH class with some nasty debuff skills so it does mainly the same like a wiz but with physical dmg and better debuffs. His AOE will replace DB totally :-/

greetz harm0wnie
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    isnt the seeker magic? -close range magician in heavy armor -
    the other one is a summoner mage :o

time to refine the GV rings :p
    i like potato
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wtf is a GV ring?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    secret Gunar Vlade rings found in Rodless Balley ;P

CV
    i like potato
  • thenewclass
    thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    guys all u said about seeker s aoe replacing wizard s is WRONG cuz i guess it s physical domage first u don t know the dps second if u ever did a rebirth wizards ALWAYS take agro and NOT archers reason? i think it s cuz mobs in that cave for some reason HATE magic attaks so the class that s gonna disappear is Archers and NOT wizards (for gv)
    as for pvp balance a seeker is ha so like a bm only difference no mag morrow did u guys see ur domage on a bm w/o his shield ? it s hell so ..... mystics are ofc one shot like any other class only problem is balance are sins vs wizards and i m talking about stelathed sins they beat any wizzie and AD AND EXPEL won t save u cuz ad s 2 short and expel is just deplaying ur death
    main problem is pve so i think they should do something about it ....i hope they will
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    /facepalm.

why Hate from mag attks is bigger? because in RB mobs have better pdef than mdef. Seekers do both phys and mag dmg, and I have a feeling that AOE will have a mixed dmg.

HA class with self centered continuous aoe. Do you even begin to understand how OP that is?
    add BP to mix, and you have basically autoheal every 1.5 sec under BB , on top of the 50% damage reduction and BB heal.
    Seekers, as they look now, will replace both archers and wizards in RB. And with a Seeker in there, a Sin will be almost a must for BP.
    2 -3 Seekers, Barb, cleric and Sin will be the future setup for easy peasy full Delta runs.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avriel - Harshlands
    Avriel - Harshlands Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    /facepalm.

why Hate from mag attks is bigger? because in RB mobs have better pdef than mdef. Seekers do both phys and mag dmg, and I have a feeling that AOE will have a mixed dmg.

HA class with self centered continuous aoe. Do you even begin to understand how OP that is?
    add BP to mix, and you have basically autoheal every 1.5 sec under BB , on top of the 50% damage reduction and BB heal.
    Seekers, as they look now, will replace both archers and wizards in RB. And with a Seeker in there, a Sin will be almost a must for BP.
    2 -3 Seekers, Barb, cleric and Sin will be the future setup for easy peasy full Delta runs.

Wow all of a sudden I dont even feel like lvling my wiz to 101
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    archers and wizards in RB. And with a Seeker in there, a Sin will be almost a must for BP.

The future. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City
    Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wow thi thread is ****in funny b:laugh OMFG ANOTHER CLASS THAT WE ASSUME IS BETTER THAN WIZZY b:cry **** dam either reroll or gtfo seriously **** carebear azz wizzies u all fail for already being defeated b4 the class even comes out i agree with brownflamez
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    lolnub.
    some of us carebears rolled chars on your awesome pvp server.
    How's SZ camping going since?
    Stay on topic or take your ADD and gtfo.
    b:bye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CharmingWizZ - Heavens Tear
    CharmingWizZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As i watched some videos on the mystic ... I see the end of old school PWI characters... Mystic is a combination of soooo many characters .. that .. wizzard is totaly lost... mystic will tkae clerics place too and somehow venos one too >.< In one word mystic is the doom for many players!!
    I spend alot of time playing on my wizzard and now what ... everything is FCKED up cuz of the new races .... that's not fair ... we need improvement too .. or will just sit and watch how mystic,seeker,sin,phy waving at as for goodbye ... I don't like this way of playing ...
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No one will be replaced from this expansion it just gives players more options on who they can take for there squad i do not see why so many people QQ about the new race so much b4 it has even came out b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.