Who is the best PvPer at high lvls (100+)

menkara
menkara Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok so me and my brother got into a fight he says that the mage classes (like his phyic) are better than the assassins at higher lvls.Im just talking about phyics and assassins so witch is da best,links from youtube videos for proof are accepted.Oh yeah and jusat a reminder lvl 100+ though 70+ is fine answer now!b:angry
Post edited by menkara on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Stealth up a sin and let any other class do whatever it wants. The sin can deaden nerves and the caster can try its hardest but won't oneshot him. (To be fair, Psychics have White Voodoo, though.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    One on one, with similar refines, the assasin is going to **** the psychic before the psy knew what hit him. Then again, assasins suck in group pvp where psy (or a wiz) shines.

In all honesty though, the ONLY thing that matters for PvP is gear. And in this game, you don't get gear by farming anymore. You get it by merchanting 24/7 or charging money. Doesn't matter what class you are, you're only as good (in pvp) as deep your pockets are.
    b:dirty
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    menkara wrote: »
    Ok so me and my brother got into a fight he says that the mage classes (like his phyic) are better than the assassins at higher lvls.Im just talking about phyics and assassins so witch is da best,links from youtube videos for proof are accepted.Oh yeah and jusat a reminder lvl 100+ though 70+ is fine answer now!b:angry

Honestly it also comes down to the players build, eqiups, skill level and ... pvp skill level.

When I first started at the beginning of 08 I thought dueling would teach me all I needed to know.. or .. the areana.. no.. it does not.

The best pvper is the one that gets out of safezone, and fights.. contineously. I do not mean pk, I just mean jumps into the mix. It also helps if you talk to those around you, that can give you pointers.

Each class has pros and cons as well as the builds. My LA 100 Veno has high refines and can handle barbs/bms with ease, even many of them but shes no match for a full int robe wearer. Then this Robe veno I have, she's tough to magic but semi-weak to the melee.

One of my sins is pure dex and she is being geared towards 5 aps, but my other sin is going to be a dex/hp blend and I am curious about how that holds up.

So it really is about variation also.. I have 2 Psys - one was pure int and one is also a blend. One can take hits, and one can cast faster.... I guess its quid pro quo in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The psy doesnt get enough credit for it's 1v1 PvP ability endgame.

The following is taking for granted that the assassin and psys gear are equally refined, and that the assassin won't force stealth to run away from the fight.

At lower refines, and not so awesome gear, the assassin will win

At higher refines, and lets say, rank9 gear, I'd bet my money on the psy.
    why?
    Rank 9 gives plenty of attack levels, which means that the psy can stay in white voodoo and still have a +attack level if they use jones blessing.
    White voodoo=insane defense, and with high refines, the psy will be able to back the defense up with hp.
    Assassins also have pretty low defenses, which will be the death of it. The psy can debuff the sin so that his charm ticks slower, which means that the psy could possibly tick the charm, get the sin down to 40-50% hp, then drop their lvl 100 skill nuke on the sin, which by the way, does almost (arguably more) damage than BIDS does.
    The psys skills being bases on soulforce, which increases from refines, is also a majoy factor. A +12 psys soul of stunning skill can stun for over 6seconds, the soul of silence skill will proc more often, and the psys damage will be pretty insane (their base magic damage is more than a wizards at those refines)
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The psy doesnt get enough credit for it's 1v1 PvP ability endgame.

When I was in an Rpk guild, three in our squad decided to pick on two psys at fishing. Then called me and another nix/veno to help them pk these 2.

Yeah... I went and rolled a Psyhic after that.. see how the heck two of them kicked our butts all over the place.

Now... well I treat a high level Psyhic same as I would a wolverine.... dont' want to get them mad, dont want none of that.. Avoid confrontation mode....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    DaKill,

I believe the only way a Psychic can get even near BIDS damage with Stone Smasher (Lv 100 Skill) is by being in Black Voodoo. Being in White Voodoo means it will get no way near the damage (<3 Had to get one back for the Wizzies)

And to the OP:

Sin.

Or, possibly, a well-geared Charmed Barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    DaKill,

I believe the only way a Psychic can get even near BIDS damage with Stone Smasher (Lv 100 Skill) is by being in Black Voodoo. Being in White Voodoo means it will get no way near the damage (<3 Had to get one back for the Wizzies)

And to the OP:

Sin.

Or, possibly, a well-geared Charmed Barb.
    there is no reason not to be in black voodoo because with a 8s soulburn and another 8 seconds immunity to physical attacks the sin is screwed unless it attacks out of stealth and even then if the psychic has the passive buff soul of retaliation on itself the sin will stun itself so psy can go and kill it

and yes Psy DPH in Black Voodoo > Wiz DPH ( which is wrong if you ask me because 22(25) att lvl for free are too much a fixed + dmg would be enough)

greetz harm0wnie
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In most cases, Sin would win. But if the opponent is well geared enough...well, i've seen equally geared barbs and bms basically tank damage from a sin. So, I really can't answer I suppose .-.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When I was in an Rpk guild, three in our squad decided to pick on two psys at fishing. Then called me and another nix/veno to help them pk these 2.

Yeah... I went and rolled a Psyhic after that.. see how the heck two of them kicked our butts all over the place.

Now... well I treat a high level Psyhic same as I would a wolverine.... dont' want to get them mad, dont want none of that.. Avoid confrontation mode....

That's a cool story. b:pleased I also rolled this psychic after seeing what a rank 8 psy did to us in TW... b:shocked I can't even imagine Rank 9, being able to be in White Voodoo and yet have a +attack level still.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The following is taking for granted that the assassin and psys gear are equally refined, and that the assassin won't force stealth to run away from the fight.

dunno about RT, but in Sanctuary is hard to find a sin who dont do that b:laugh
  • skykh18
    skykh18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That's a cool story. b:pleased I also rolled this psychic after seeing what a rank 8 psy did to us in TW... b:shocked I can't even imagine Rank 9, being able to be in White Voodoo and yet have a +attack level still.

this guy http://img210.imageshack.us/f/naamlooscb.png/
  • SeeMonkey - Sanctuary
    SeeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm Rank8 +9 Wep and 3 bits of R9+5 armor(refines are still low).

I pretty much have no issues dispatching mosst sins with better gear (+10 stuff).

I just AD Psychic will .. dead Sin. Duels are not really a good measure as sins just hide and hide an hide wait for all cooldowns then shadow escape when their attack dont work.

I have had some smart sins that didn't have shadow escape up run when I psychic will'd then come back, which can work but most of the time the sin will come off second best.

IMO the higher the level and the better the gear the psychic will get the advantage. At lower levels psys have too low hp and pdef. You get a few HP and some Pdef on a psy and .. watch out. Psys can go on killing constantly, no need to stop, sins have to stop wait recharge sneak up wait, vs a psy they are not that great but vs other classes they really do cause pain.

In TW ... psy is Way times better.. they are killing machines and often kill more ppl than they realise as you just spam aoes over and over. And they have many many uses. Veno kill, (nix cant do **** to a psy), archer kill... they are archers worst nightmare, and probably the most useful .. catabarb kill/support. With their buffs and debuffs they can really boost a barb or make a barb weak.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    insta wiz w r9 - refine + 12 gear and wep xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    insta wiz w r9 - refine + 12 gear and wep xD

That would actually be true. But only that wizards can not reach enough -ct to be insta, even with pills. Even IF anyone would ever get so much -ct, the game was changed so that instant casting is not possible anymore.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:chuckle

Hmm, anyone but you would be more of a target in PvE areas unless there is a activation buffer.

Sins one on one second being Archers/Barbs
    Psys groups second being wizzy I suppose
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    skykh18 wrote: »

This guy stays in Black Voodoo, not White. 127 Attack Level and 60 Defense Level in Black. Ijs.
  • Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This guy stays in Black Voodoo, not White. 127 Attack Level and 60 Defense Level in Black. Ijs.

I stay in black voodo also, with my pro 55 attack lvl and -11 def lvl b:laugh
  • XFireversalX - Raging Tide
    XFireversalX - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm Rank8 +9 Wep and 3 bits of R9+5 armor(refines are still low).

I pretty much have no issues dispatching mosst sins with better gear (+10 stuff).

I just AD Psychic will .. dead Sin. Duels are not really a good measure as sins just hide and hide an hide wait for all cooldowns then shadow escape when their attack dont work.

I have had some smart sins that didn't have shadow escape up run when I psychic will'd then come back, which can work but most of the time the sin will come off second best.

IMO the higher the level and the better the gear the psychic will get the advantage. At lower levels psys have too low hp and pdef. You get a few HP and some Pdef on a psy and .. watch out. Psys can go on killing constantly, no need to stop, sins have to stop wait recharge sneak up wait, vs a psy they are not that great but vs other classes they really do cause pain.

In TW ... psy is Way times better.. they are killing machines and often kill more ppl than they realise as you just spam aoes over and over. And they have many many uses. Veno kill, (nix cant do **** to a psy), archer kill... they are archers worst nightmare, and probably the most useful .. catabarb kill/support. With their buffs and debuffs they can really boost a barb or make a barb weak.

Wait lol im confused wat are all these "R9" weapons and stuff? and how do u get them? im guesing its Rank weapons? How do u get them?
    edited January 2011
    Wait lol im confused wat are all these "R9" weapons and stuff? and how do u get them? im guesing its Rank weapons? How do u get them?

For r9?
    you need 300k reputation, plus alot of other stuff.
    Grinding for it would you about 2+ years if you played 8+ hours a day, everday.
    Buying it during a sale costs about $1.5k, and about $5k+ when there isnt a sale.

For r8?
    you need 200k reputation.
    Costs about $72 during a sale.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ****. i was looking forward to getting rank 9 for my archer and perhaps meh wiz. but seeing as how much it cost i might as well stick with nirvana/r8 . lol
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RangerFEAR - Lost City
    RangerFEAR - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The best pvper based on skill is the one ( some like me lol) who never gives up and does his/her best each time and adapts to their enemy eventually bringing gear quality of their foe down (not litterally) but making it to where it becomes easier so that just because they have +10 wep ur +0-3 wep whatever you have can beat them, i know it sounds rediculous but i do stuff like this all the time
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The best pvper based on skill is the one ( some like me lol) who never gives up and does his/her best each time and adapts to their enemy eventually bringing gear quality of their foe down (not litterally) but making it to where it becomes easier so that just because they have +10 wep ur +0-3 wep whatever you have can beat them, i know it sounds rediculous but i do stuff like this all the time

I think you're missing the point of this thread.

Every class's PVP ability differs. That's a fact. The opinion comes in when deciding which class is better at PVP and which class is worse.

Saying the best PVPer is dependent on their skill is a little idealistic. It is vastly dependent on their gear and their class as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Everyones talking about sins... But their only real advantage is against magic classes. (Well the avaerage geared ones at least, never watched OP geared lol) I watched one of my barb friends and a bm pvp the same sin multiple times yesterday, and he would only win if he used ToP. Stealth, barb would wait for him to come out and stun, then the sin would 3 spark, barb would ignore, barb would own. Lol. Same thing I noticed happened with bms.

Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Do you really believe that yourself? You honestly think"doing your best" is gonna help when you're severely under-geared compared to your opponent. That only works if you're pvp-ing against someone who doesn't know how to play. If someone knows how to play their class AND have way better gear than you - "never giving up" will just make you look stupid and suicidal.

On topic:

1v1 endgame, sin is the best pvp-class. No point even arguing about it. Rank9 sin can pretty much go out in stealth and drop whoever they feel like in a few seconds.

For group PvP/TW id say Wizard or Psychic.

Other classes are all kinda in the middle, decent at both group/1v1 but not really best at anything.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Everyones talking about sins... But their only real advantage is against magic classes. (Well the avaerage geared ones at least, never watched OP geared lol) I watched one of my barb friends and a bm pvp the same sin multiple times yesterday, and he would only win if he used ToP. Stealth, barb would wait for him to come out and stun, then the sin would 3 spark, barb would ignore, barb would own. Lol. Same thing I noticed happened with bms.

Just saying.

That sin sounds pretty nubby tbh. Stealth + sleep + triple spark is probably the first combo any 89+ sin will ever try in pvp against a heavy. And while it's effective on people that have no idea what's going on, it's easily countered with a half decent genie and some button mashing.

And I'd say sins and psys are two of the best classes in pvp. I honestly have a bit of trouble fighting other sins. 9/10 times the first person to stun wins. As for psys, their passive buffs, 9 second immune skill, and crazy aoes make them absolute beasts in pvp.
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tick the charm, get the sin down to 40-50% hp, then drop their lvl 100 skill nuke on the sin, which by the way, does almost (arguably more) damage than BIDS does.

this fails to take Deaden Nerves into acoount b:chuckle you would have to deal a second hit after the ulti, to get rid of that pesky 20%hp b:surrender
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
    edited February 2011
    this fails to take Deaden Nerves into acoount b:chuckle you would have to deal a second hit after the ulti, to get rid of that pesky 20%hp b:surrender

why is that a problem? Earth vector does the trick. Not to mention if you're soulburned, force stealthing would be suicide.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I heard theres a sin on LC that destroys bms with +10 gear full vitstoned and 5.0
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The top sins in sanctuary tend to pk a lot using a different class since noone is able to go up against their sins (except other sins).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Korrok - Harshlands
    Korrok - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2011