Choose your destiny: About Classes

vigilancia
vigilancia Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello to everyone in pwi. I started the game and fell in love for it! What I did not fell in love so much was read that wizards are not that good on pwi.

I have some doubts about classes. Would you, dear experienced PWI player, mind to answer or help me in some of them?

1)I am not the healer type. I usually play as damage dealer like mages in games. But also would play ok as warrior. Is BM a good character to pick? Whats so fantastic about barbarian that most ppl search for b:dirty in place of searching for BM, for example.

2) Is wizard really not good If I compare with psych, for example? Theres no highlight, no place where this class shines?

3) whats the easiest class to start playing, if you are a newbie? Like, lvl up faster or did not die every 1 sec like clericxD

4) is like barbarian is better to play than BM and Psy than wiz? Its not ballanced?

well thanks!
Post edited by vigilancia on

Comments

• Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There are some balance issues with the game, but the oppinion on these matters varies from player to player.

To answer your questions:

1. Wizards and psychics are your two mage-type classes in PW, so that sounds like what you're used to. BM's are fine characters, and really shine in this game since 5 aps has come around.
    Barbarians are the classic tank class, and for lower level instances, their extra hp and aggro skills make them a better tank.
    That being said, when I played a cleric, I preferred BM tanks for BH29 because they seemed to know how to aggro all the mobs so that I could heal them properly, more so than it barbs usually did.

2. Wizards shine in TW. Other than that, Psychics have faster channeling which leads to better dps. I've heard that Psychics have harder hitting spells as well, but I can't really vouch for either side of that.

3. Probably the easiest class to start playing is a Venomancer. They have a pet that can tank for them, and are good at making money -- especially at lower levels.
    The second easiest class (IMO) is cleric, actually, because of the heals. Wiz doesn't get good until later on (actually pretty difficult pre lvl 29 or so), but now grinding is a breeze.

4. Barb vs BM as well as Psy vs Wiz is personal preferencce. But Blademaster wins tanking endgame because of 5 aps, and like I said before Psychics have better dps than Wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • WalderBlue - Dreamweaver
    WalderBlue - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    vigilancia wrote: »
    Hello to everyone in pwi. I started the game and fell in love for it! What I did not fell in love so much was read that wizards are not that good on pwi.

I have some doubts about classes. Would you, dear experienced PWI player, mind to answer or help me in some of them?

1)I am not the healer type. I usually play as damage dealer like mages in games. But also would play ok as warrior. Is BM a good character to pick? Whats so fantastic about barbarian that most ppl search for b:dirty in place of searching for BM, for example.

2) Is wizard really not good If I compare with psych, for example? Theres no highlight, no place where this class shines?

3) whats the easiest class to start playing, if you are a newbie? Like, lvl up faster or did not die every 1 sec like clericxD

4) is like barbarian is better to play than BM and Psy than wiz? Its not ballanced?

well thanks!

1. BMs have horrible regen at low levels, but apart from that, it's a good overall melee class.

2. The previous poster made some mistakes: wizards hit much harder than psychics. But psys have faster chanelling time. (I would not advise you to play a psychic since there are already too much of them in-game, and they can only use one type of weapon in the whole game: soulspheres. They also have less skills than wiz).

3. Venos like the previous poster said.

4. Not really. Speelcasters can one-shot barbs at high levels, but tank classes are more wanted in dungeon runs.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Barbs have more hitpoints, better defences and better aggro-management skills than BMs. They make better tanks.
    BMs however do more damage, and have better AOE skills and more choices of weapon. They still make fairly good tanks.

Wizards are better at huge spikes of damage later on in the game. Both classes have a small ability to heal and ways to give themselves defences.

Absolutely easiest class? Cleric. Um, clerics die? Did you like, forget your healing skill? Clerics are, or can be, immortal. Throw your heal on yourself, whack monster, repeat.

The absolutely fastest early levelling class is the venomancer. They take a bit of learning, however.

The classes are... fairly well balanced. Not ideally, but there's pretty good arguments for each one.
    Barbs are getting the poo-covered end of the stick right now, however, due to the attacks-per-second craze; whilst barbarians cheif weapons are very slow.
  • budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Barbs have more hitpoints, better defences and better aggro-management skills than BMs. They make better tanks.
    BMs however do more damage, and have better AOE skills and more choices of weapon and they don't have aggro skills. They still make fairly good tanks.

Wizards are better at huge spikes of damage later on in the game. Both classes have a small ability to heal and ways to give themselves defences.

Absolutely easiest class? Cleric. Um, clerics die? Did you like, forget your healing skill? Clerics are, or can be, immortal. Throw your heal on yourself, whack monster, repeat.

The absolutely fastest early levelling class is the venomancer. They take a bit of learning, however.

The classes are... fairly well balanced. Not ideally, but there's pretty good arguments for each one.
    Barbs are getting the poo-covered end of the stick right now, however, due to the attacks-per-second craze; whilst barbarians cheif weapons are very slow.

Fixed b:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    BM does have a aggro skill, it's just so early in-game to remember it. :P

Edit:

Also it is 'don't have' not 'doesn't got.' :P
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Stream strike doesn't worth anything.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011

well thanks!

1.) BM are great, barb are better at tanking so they get there squads quicker in BHs.
    2.) Like the others said it's damage to fast channeling. That and I thinking Psy spend more MP then Wizzies do.
    3.) Quickest would be the class you find that you like. Technically the fastest class would be the BM Axe Tree. That is due to there AoE effects/stuns.

Second fastest class would be between Venomancer due to having a pet to help kill mobs and the BM Pike tree. BM Pike tree has more Linear AoE skills.

Other then that I do like Archers. I find them rather fast at grinding mobs as will as there good in TW.
    4.) natural tank to DD, high damage spells to fast spells, you don't see the balance in that?
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    clerics can be pricey to play though, as those heals costs a fair bit of mana, but overall, its nice to be able to grind on your own, and be wanted for dungeons
  • vigilancia
    edited January 2011
    First of all I would like to thank you all for the very good answers. Warms my heart up to see a lot ppl looking to help me!

I have created so far a wizard, a cleric and a BM. I love the cleric, I just cant solo so much with him and is not everytime I find a party, which is normal so I try to solve things by myself and as the cleric has a not so good damage I end up dead or running. I dont know if its my style. Plus if someone dies they will kill me, call me noob bla bla. If I am a non cleric its my prob if I die mostly. Or maybe I dont have the right gears (but which gear is good at lvl 35? lol). Or dont have the right macro for cleric.

I am trying to decide then between BM and Wiz. For what else wiz are good for, besides TW? What I mean is. Will I have problems to lvl up as a wizard? Like beg and pay for a squad?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1.) BM are great, barb are better at tanking so they get there squads quicker in BHs.

before high lv + 5 aps b:chuckle

I am trying to decide then between BM and Wiz. For what else wiz are good for, besides TW? What I mean is. Will I have problems to lvl up as a wizard? Like beg and pay for a squad?

Wizard :
    TW ? yes good
    Problem lv up ? Yes early to mid lv without preparation to survive or kiting
    Beg and play for a squad ? Yes on high lv especially because of the 5 aps

b:chuckle

Though all those problem can be ignored if you had a good friends that giving suggestion, helping, and invite you to their squad .. b:laugh

Good luck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • vigilancia
    edited January 2011
    thank you!
    thank you all!