Silly BM, mats are for smart people!

AuroraLucia - Archosaur
AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
A little interesting story, something I found to be amusing.

During a TT 1-2 run, we finish killing Chin, and he drops two mats, one goes to the Wizard, the other to a level 80 BM. Wizard instantly drops his mat for me to grab (since I am banking), but the BM doesn't. I said, "drop the mat please, ********* (level 80 BM's name)." With a little delay, he does drop it. In the back of my mind I'm thinking "this guy will probably try to steal a mat, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt." My first mistake was to let him stay in the squad.

Finally, we make it to Vipenalt, and this BM has not yet received anything but a few skulls. We kill Vipenalt, he drops two skins, both go to the other BM in the squad. He drops them for me to pick up, and I am busy at the time grabbing a mirage from our Veno. This level 80 BM however, got a mirage himself. I go pick up the skins, then ask the BM to drop the mirage he got (I had subbed). He then tells me no, and leaves the squad.

Two things went through my mind. First was me saying to myself "I was right, he was going to steal something." The second was, "at least he wasn't smart enough to stick around and try and get a Golden Shard." So this BM left the squad so that he could keep ONE mirage stone, rather than possibly get a 200k mat.

He then decides to whisper me, and apparently he thought I was taking all the mats for myself, and that I wanted to make sure no one else got any, and that's why I was having people give me the mats. He also insisted I was just mad because he left with ONE mirage stone, and that I lost the biggest DD in my squad. I had a level 91 Wizard and 88 BM, he was only the third best DD in the squad.

So, in the end, I had three less mirages (two I gave to our Veno who only got two Chin Armor Shards b:sad), and I found out that apparently my Cleric likes to do TT's with only a pair of panties on.b:chuckle I got stuck in the blue box because it spawned on top of me after we had a little trouble of Dimentora turning around and attacking our Wizard. Anyways, here is a pic of my Cleric, in only her panties, censored of course for our young eyes.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/ACLucius/censored.jpg

Hopefully this does not violate any forum rules. It is censored after all. XD

P.S. Just note that the BM I was referring to is not in that squad, so in no way is he being "named-and-shamed" with it.

P.P.S. Is this just a glitch with the fashion that occurs when you look through those blue boxes, or does it just happen when you get stuck in there? Just curious to know, because the Wizard had a top fashion on, but only it disappeared when looking through the box (noticed from another screenshot).

So, however dull, stupid, or funny this post may be to some people, I hope at least one person gets a laugh, because I know my squad and I did.
Post edited by AuroraLucia - Archosaur on

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the no fashion glitch is a quite common glitch. usually occurs when there is some sort of semi transparent ovject between ur camera and ur char. try fb59 quinji (or w/e her name is)

lol @bm. lvl80 and never been in a tt with a bank?
    still, stating that you bank at the begining of the run is nice.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    I did say that. I said I was banking and that I was subbing, while we were all in the hallway before I opened up the TT.

Edit: and thanks for clearing that up. I had never seen or heard of this glitch, so I was quite surprised to find my Cleric making her debut for GGW.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Who the **** banks mirages in TT? It's always been either greens banked with golds sell+split or greens banked with golds random. Mirages are always random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited January 2011
    then rofl XD
    next time he should try to get a klunky sword XD
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Damn that BM is stupid xD who steals mirages? o.0 and who banks mirages? Thats so pointless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Who the **** banks mirages in TT? It's always been either greens banked with golds sell+split or greens banked with golds random. Mirages are always random.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Asking for mirages because you subbed is silly b:chuckle
    edited January 2011
    All of the squads I've been in have had Mirages go to the subber, it's just how all the squads I've been in have done it. Perhaps it is different over in Harshlands, or I have just always been in squads, whether mine or someone else's, (usually someone else) that Mirages went to the subber. Either way, that was the understanding the squad had going into this.

Besides, its not like I'm upset over it. It's just I'm wondering why he didn't hold out and get a mat. A mirage instead of a something else? It just seems like he would have been smart about it.
    edited January 2011
    usually mirages are banked, subber gets some of them depending of the amount of subs used/sub cost/mirage price. the rest are split.

why should the subber not get the money who used for the subs back? it's like wine
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    usually mirages are banked, subber gets some of them depending of the amount of subs used/sub cost/mirage price. the rest are split.

why should the subber not get the money who used for the subs back? it's like wine

Because it's not hard to make 30k-90k and you get subs like candy from BH100 anyway. Unlike wines which cost 200k and are not obtainable as rewards from BH100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited January 2011
    Yes, because 200k is so hard for you to make at level 100.

It's not about it being hard to make the money. Hell, as a Cleric I always make money in TT unless it is an extremely pathetic TT with only 1 drop. Like I said, I'm not even complaining about losing a Mirage, I even gave half of what I had left away to the Veno to make sure she came out on top with some cash. I don't mind, they are just a bonus. It's not about getting the money back. It's just how I was originally taught to do TT and how every squad I've been in since did it, so I've just always done it.
    edited January 2011
    Because it's not hard to make 30k-90k and you get subs like candy from BH100 anyway. Unlike wines which cost 200k and are not obtainable as rewards from BH100.

OP is 79 though. besides, mirages worth a lot more than some green mats.

yes, the sub cost isnt that much but still, especially since it's an enstablished practise (at least in DW) it dont see why it would be wrong or cheap to ask for some sort of fee.

ofc, depends on the squad/run; i wouldnt ask for mirages if i sub a faction bh3-3 run
    but i wouldnt have a problem if the subber asked for mirages either
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    yes, the sub cost isnt that much but still, especially since it's an enstablished practise (at least in DW) it dont see why it would be wrong or cheap to ask for some sort of fee.

Yes, it is very cheap for the subber to ask for mirages as well when they traditionally get first pick anyway and will usually take the most expensive mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited January 2011
    Yes, it is very cheap for the subber to ask for mirages as well when they traditionally get first pick anyway and will usually take the most expensive mats.

subber gets first pick? o.o

i have never done such a tt; it's always tank>cleric>dds, subber just gets what he paid for the subs in mirages.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    subber gets first pick? o.o

i have never done such a tt; it's always tank>cleric>dds, subber just gets what he paid for the subs in mirages.

It is always subber->tanks->clerics->dds here. They provide the subs, they get first pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited January 2011
    It is always subber->tanks->clerics->dds here. They provide the subs, they get first pick.

different servers I guess.

yeah, with ur way of distributing drops mirages should either be random or be split like common drops since subber gets rewarded with the 1st pick.
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol, love idiots like them ^.^.

and as Eoria said, TT order is always Subber->Tank->Cleric->First highest DD->Second highest DD->Last DD

DD usually depends on level, tho sometimes they do it by order joined.
    edited January 2011
    Well now that I see you do it with subber getting first pick, I can completely understand where you are coming from. However, I have never done that and have never been in a squad that did. However, that said, I've also always done tank first, healer second, DD by level after that, so you could understand where I am coming from as well, I would assume.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol, love idiots like them ^.^.

and as Eoria said, TT order is always Subber->Tank->Cleric->First highest DD->Second highest DD->Last DD

DD usually depends on level, tho sometimes they do it by order joined.

different servers I guess.

yeah, with ur way of distributing drops mirages should either be random or be split like common drops since subber gets rewarded with the 1st pick.

he just said it, diff server = diff way of doing things
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Well now that I see you do it with subber getting first pick, I can completely understand where you are coming from. However, I have never done that and have never been in a squad that did. However, that said, I've also always done tank first, healer second, DD by level after that, so you could understand where I am coming from as well, I would assume.

I understand everything but the mirages.

Even on MY where mirages were like 200k a pop and subs fluxed between 150k and 400k depending on how the wind blew, mirages were always random. As to how that worked, sub price x number of subs / number of people in party = buy-in. Alternatively, subber ate the costs for the chance at a gold mat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The thread turned into TT mats distribution b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited January 2011
    Hmm weird on the actual thread page it shown Eoria post is the last one
    But on post reply preview mine is the last . . b:shocked

Anyway many of you must find " Hey, that's not right ! " or " That's wrong ! " feeling and want to post now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seriously guys, the OP is level 79 and it's pretty obvious it's her main. Don't give her **** for not having half a dozen lvl100 chars raking in millions a day and actually you know, farming stuff the old fashioned way instead of opening packs all day long.

If anything, it made me reminiscent of the good ole days when I was a level 70 nub trying to FARM my tt70/80 for hours on end just to kick **** in a 3hr long TW. Barb->cleric->subber or subber getting first pick on a mat was commonplace back then, as was splitting mirages when they were 30k each and 1mil was a fortune xd
    To someone starting out, it still is. So really no need to give her **** for that.
    b:dirty
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seriously guys, the OP is level 79 and it's pretty obvious it's her main. Don't give her **** for not having half a dozen lvl100 chars raking in millions a day and actually you know, farming stuff the old fashioned way instead of opening packs all day long.

If anything, it made me reminiscent of the good ole days when I was a level 70 nub trying to FARM my tt70/80 for hours on end just to kick **** in a 3hr long TW. Barb->cleric->subber or subber getting first pick on a mat was commonplace back then, as was splitting mirages when they were 30k each and 1mil was a fortune xd
    To someone starting out, it still is. So really no need to give her **** for that.

Very well said, its good to see some ppl dont expect new time players to know everything they do after playing for however long.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
    edited January 2011
    I understand everything but the mirages.

Even on MY where mirages were like 200k a pop and subs fluxed between 150k and 400k depending on how the wind blew, mirages were always random. As to how that worked, sub price x number of subs / number of people in party = buy-in. Alternatively, subber ate the costs for the chance at a gold mat.

Yet this is not MY-EN, we do not have outrageous prices like they did (or still do, haven't been there in a while).

Yes, that means I used to play on MY-EN, though I only got to about level 50 before PWI opened up and I switched over to it. This is my main (on this server), and when I first started TT, I was taught Mirages go to the subber. Yes, that means this is not my first character, and it also means I am not new. I've never been good at making money (or keeping it). You were taught to speak a certain way, I don't think that just because someone tells you your accent is wrong because it is different from theirs that you will change just for them.

Obviously though, there is a difference from server to server in how to do things. However, that is not the point of the thread. So, if you do the distribution a different way, that's fine. If you don't that's fine to. If everyone is okay with how the split goes in a squad, does it really matter how it goes to anyone outside of the squad (unless someone is getting completely screwed over)?
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    By the way, this is the oldest character I have that I haven't deleted, especially since I haven't been back to LC server since my old faction on there, UnLimited, broke up. This is just in case anyone doubts that I have been around here for a while. Now, back to the subject. BM left to keep ONE Mirage stone instead of getting a mat. WTF? b:chuckle
  • stoned/ - Harshlands23
    stoned/ - Harshlands23 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    someone who banks mirages seems pretty stupid to me ^^
    edited January 2011
    Could say the same about someone who gives the subber first pick. As Thanos already said, different servers, different ways of doing it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You wrote that wall of text just to post a nude of your char.

I can't believe you're going to be upset over a couple of mirages.

BTW, mirages are usually just random with greens and gold getting banked.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited January 2011
    Hot thread everyone post now b:bye b:laugh

Hm i notice my earlier post post number / position is fixed now . . system glitch ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Like I said Micheal, I don't care about the Mirages, I'm not upset at all. I'm laughing that the guy didn't stick around to get an actual mat and leave with it instead, or at least get something from the split.

And yes, a wall of text just to post a nude pic. XD You caught me.