Question for PWE about the future of TW

Valrain - Archosaur
Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
You guys submitted feedback to the development team about the effect the TW change had across the servers, particularly the older servers. You noted that TW activity had dropped considerably, and the feedback you had collected from that thread was being forwarded on to PWE.

Did they ever give you a response? Or is the response the new changes in TW coming in the Genesis update, including the new 40v40 mode for guild bases?

Thanks! b:pleased
Post edited by Valrain - Archosaur on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can't get into specifics right now, but there will be other large-scale PVP changes/additions besides the new 40 vs 40 faction wars. We'll be able to announce them when we're closer to the Genesis release date.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can't get into specifics right now, but there will be other large-scale PVP changes/additions besides the new 40 vs 40 faction wars. We'll be able to announce them when we're closer to the Genesis release date.

Your closed-mouthness about such things is going to lose you more friends than you gain.

Seriously. All we know about the patch is we get 2 new classes, some sort of guild bases thingy and no new dungeon.

Its 6 weeks or so away, dont you think you might want to tell us some more before we think its as pathetic as DLC for Xbox games?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't see the reason behind 40 vs 40 TW. It only makes it easier for the leading faction to fight off 3 wars, unless they get rid of the 3 max stacked war rule.
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    edited January 2011

Thank you! I look forward to the release... b:thanks
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    I don't see the reason behind 40 vs 40 TW. It only makes it easier for the leading faction to fight off 3 wars, unless they get rid of the 3 max stacked war rule.

This isn't TW... TW will still be 80v80. The 40v40 thing is for "guild wars", where guilds can fight each other for control of resources needed to expand a guild base. Honestly, I think it sounds pretty cool.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

There is the possibility that 40v40 might enable a few of the smaller guilds to be competitive and keep pace in the guildbase enviroment. Fuzzy knows, for example, his own guild can field a pretty damn mean 40. When expected to put twice that on the battlefield however, being a smaller faction, our resources don't run quite as deep as the top faction on the map.

While finding a dedicated group of 80 can be a challenge for smaller factions on an "every week" basis, getting our best 40 TW'ers on a battlefield is a whole new ballgame.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    a few more details on how the new guild bases are going to work, what the costs will be, and just how they are to tie in with the new 40-v-40 PvP mode would allow guilds and leaders to start planning. at least to the point of deciding whether or not it's worth pursuing at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Your closed-mouthness about such things is going to lose you more friends than you gain.

Seriously. All we know about the patch is we get 2 new classes, some sort of guild bases thingy and no new dungeon.

Its 6 weeks or so away, dont you think you might want to tell us some more before we think its as pathetic as DLC for Xbox games?
    You ever thought that he'd get fired if he just up and told us everything?

This isn't just a game, it's a company, and it's regulations are strict. When he's allowed to tell us something, he will. We have to be patient about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You ever thought that he'd get fired if he just up and told us everything?

This isn't just a game, it's a company, and it's regulations are strict. When he's allowed to tell us something, he will. We have to be patient about it.

Not allowed to tell us something about what we could clearly see if we were trained to read chinese? Seriously, bad argument.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I don't even think they themselves know what is coming at all until the Devs have made the final decision on the changes... For now it's probably still under consideration over there.

Once they have made the final decision... PWI doesn't usually announce it for another 1-2 weeks after PW-CN makes the official announcement about them first... And so far I haven't seen any new changes/additions about PvP/TW on their forums yet :/
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Not allowed to tell us something about what we could clearly see if we were trained to read chinese? Seriously, bad argument.

you're expecting corporations' internal policies to make sense. that's giving them WAY too much credit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you're expecting corporations' internal policies to make sense. that's giving them WAY too much credit.

hahahaha....I love this post
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Compared to the company I work for, PWE actually seems pretty good. Yeah, we're that messed up. b:shocked
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited January 2011
    OP's question was about the 40v40 battles that will come with the expansion, not about the policy and public relations of PWE.

Fuzzy asks we pull this thread back on topic. b:thanks
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Well maybe but you should at leave have the decency to to show some respect. Your original reply to Frankie came acrossed as quite rude and a bit distasteful.

We'll get to see what the expansion does for TW and everything else after we download it to play the game next month. Until then at least have fun speculating about it or study the Chinese language.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well maybe but you should at leave have the decency to to show some respect. Your original reply to Frankie came acrossed as quite rude and a bit distasteful.

We'll get to see what the expansion does for TW and everything else after we download it to play the game next month. Until then at least have fun speculating about it or study the Chinese language.

Rosetta Stone ftw o.o
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011

omg the stories I have about Intel when I worked for them will turn your stomach inside out. Off topic but that comment jarred some repressed memories. Hehehe. b:surrender

• WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011

when would that be exactly? not february, i mean the actual date...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011

LOL you must be new here.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    You guys submitted feedback to the development team about the effect the TW change had across the servers, particularly the older servers. You noted that TW activity had dropped considerably, and the feedback you had collected from that thread was being forwarded on to PWE.

Did they ever give you a response? Or is the response the new changes in TW coming in the Genesis update, including the new 40v40 mode for guild bases?

Thanks! b:pleased

It's going to be interesting to see what changes to TW and PvP in general does after the expansion that Frankie mentioned. I hope one of those changes offers venos a better melee defense such as a working bramble buff.

Right now on my server we have a single wealthy well geared mega faction that controls over 90% of the map with a smaller mega faction owning the other 10% (or less) of the map. Yup 2 factions for the entire map. Either nobody is interested in TW sinced the devs nerfed it or no guild is strong enough to defeat those guilds or both. Because of that I have little faith in the 40 v 40 thing being anything more than mini TW's for bases with similar results as regular TW unless there is some type of balance between classes restored to the game. I hope the changes Frankie referred to accomplishes that.

Maybe all the strange changes made in the past few months (TW nerf, TT 3.x nerf, the APS issue, etc) including the rank sales (that practically handed cash shoppers great gear on a silver platter) might make sense after the expansion is installed and running.

Oh, and as to trying to ascertain what changes is going to occur to PWI based on the Chinese version of PW may not be as helpful as some may think. The Chinese version just has significant compared to the PWI version for me to be convinced of the validity of some of the rumors posted here or elsewhere. The Chinese version for one doesn't have the level cap, etc and their laws and customs forbid gambling type purchases which can affect the way they get gear, mats, etc so our gameplay may differ from theirs. Otherwise it would make more sense to me to release updates, patches, expansions, etc on PWI around the same time as they do on the Chinese version and not weeks or months later. That's just a thought.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    customs forbid gambling type purchases which can affact the way they get gear, mats, etc so our gameplay may differ from theirs.

China still has packs. They're just different than ours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    China still has packs. They're just different than ours.

yes and that's part of my point. They are different than ours. Do they sell tokens in west arch like we do? Do they get tokens in packs at all? It's the little differences that can affect gameplay between the versions in bigger ways than we think.

• Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hey, I don't make the rules. But that don't make them any less real. If a few facts about expansions aren't released by the company of a particular version, they can't give the facts out. And yes, we could know about it through the Chinese version, but the fact is, the employees of PWE can't confirm anything that they haven't gotten permission to, and can't acknowledge the expansion of another version(in this case, the Chinese 2012 one) as what will for sure be in our expansion.

I know the rule is BS too, but ask any GM or mod here. They'll tell you the same thing.
    I don't even think they themselves know what is coming at all until the Devs have made the final decision on the changes... For now it's probably still under consideration over there.

Once they have made the final decision... PWI doesn't usually announce it for another 1-2 weeks after PW-CN makes the official announcement about them first... And so far I haven't seen any new changes/additions about PvP/TW on their forums yet :/
    Valid points.
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    OP's question was about the 40v40 battles that will come with the expansion, not about the policy and public relations of PWE.

Fuzzy asks we pull this thread back on topic. b:thanks
    It's very much on topic, as it's directly addressing the OP's second paragraph.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011

^-- my problem with your posts.

Never do you state any real information, only some vague rumor and hints. Post something based on facts for once. Or are you scared that you might say something that will bite you in the *** when you **** up agian?

And why answer this post, but not the ones where people want answers? Like, report on TW change? Or did you people never monitor any of it all?

How about my question about your staff ? that post seems 2 have *disappeared* .. funny.

Don;t get me wrong, At least you DO answer from time 2 time. I just find it lacking in aspect 2 the issues at hand when you post in pointless questions, and post stuff like new dance moves, when YOUR community is screaming for answers on much more important stuff.

YOU are the community manager are you not? then friggin manage something already, instead of being a ghost on your own Communities forum.
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I hope you mean more than the alliance system, which outside of the 40 vs 40 Guild wars is nothing more than a glorified Fac Protection and wouldn't help for TW.

Also why not answer the OP's question about TW ? Did you get an answer on the situation ? Did you ever bother to monitor it ? or is like 99% of other problems and just been swept under the carpet hoping people forget ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • assassinsin101
    assassinsin101 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2011

You're not answering the question Frankie. This whole "testing period" was supposed to be done.....wait, wasn't it supposed to be done in September?

You're a little late on responses. When are we getting Territory War back?

And +12 to Olby's post. You're the community manager last time I checked. Don't be so distant and enigmatic, seriously.
    Assassins....twice the ****, but only sinners once. b:victory
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    All the QQ here. For the love of god you'll all figure it out sooner or later. Deal with the expansion when it comes until then QQ more I guess.

~Facepalm~

Frankie said there would be Large Scale changes in PvP coming. Take that for what it is and be fortunate you even got that much.

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Our expansion release schedule is different from China's, which is why we don't announce things at the same time.

We know that you're all very curious about all the new things coming next month, and pretty much every week from now until then, we'll be spotlighting a different aspect of the Genesis expansion.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So it sounds, to me, like they're not going to "fix" Territory Wars. However, they're hoping to make these "Faction/Guild" wars better and more exciting for people who want the mass-PvPing. So they're not giving into us and reverting TW to its previous, more worthwhile state, but they're compromising by giving us another instance to kick each others' butts.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited January 2011
    they're compromising by giving us another instance to kick each others' butts.

More instances = more opportunity = more fun. .....at least to Fuzzy. b:surrender
    Sig by NowItsAwn