I have a question about Wizards?

Linnsaiin - Heavens Tear
Linnsaiin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Wizard
I'm not sure if this is even where this thread should go. I'm new at Pw, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of armor a wizard should use? Thank you for anyone who responds.
Post edited by Linnsaiin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Arcane.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wizards should wear Arcane armor, since your attack power comes from the mag stat, and arcane minimizes the stat points that need to be placed in other stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Linnsaiin - Heavens Tear
    Linnsaiin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thank you guys so much.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Fuzzy is always glad to see new players reaching out to the forums for advice, that is something most of the community is glad to help with.

For each class, there is a sub-section of the forum where questions such as this will receive tons of excellent replies.

And with that in mind, Fuzzy moves this question to the wiz forum.

b:victory

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    9 magic 1 strength every 2 levels
    for full magic anyways i'm not pandora so i wont tell you about light armor mages
    No dex, maybe a little vit if you want survivability.
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you don't wanan go pure mag, a good idea is to aim for 53 basic vitality. Then you can restat all the vit to mag with one reset note if you feel you got enough hp coming from your gear. ;)
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you don't wanan go pure mag, a good idea is to aim for 53 basic vitality. Then you can restat all the vit to mag with one reset note if you feel you got enough hp coming from your gear. ;)

Xeggy :o?

b:question
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Xeggy :o?

b:question

Hey, someone is actually able to read my sig =D Hey Dec, how are you? <3
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually, when you first get your level 2 quest gear, you should be choosing heavy armor, since you can wear it without needing to spend any stat points, and its better for starting characters. But after that, arcane armor will be better for you, for reasons that I am sure anyone here would be happy to explain.
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    just be sure that wizard is what you want, its a long and difficult road where you are not wanted for a long time. although i personally think that wizards rock and love having them in my squad just because.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Finally found an FC squad yesterday and was feeling good. Got inside the dungeon when boom!! kicked out. Archer more important and of course the mandatory 2 sins. I love how the developers have left this class for dead and have done absolutely nothing to make wizards useful other than to argue wether we hit harder than psychics or not.

Here on forums now cause been lf fc for the last 3 hours unsuccessfully.

If plan on playing wiz make lots of friends.
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The Most Common armour for Wizards to wear is Arcane Armour; You'll have a lot of M.Atk, but your Defence (Physical, and because of lack of HP to a certain extent, Magical) defences will be appalling, at least, until Endgame (Usually defined as level 99+).

The Second Most common Armour would be the Light Armour Build. Before Level 60, you will hit for nearly the same as an Arcane Armoured Wizard, but have a tonne more Physical Defence, generally a bit more HP, and quite a bit less Magical Defence. However, note as a Light Armour Wizard, your Critical Hit rate will be higher than a Robe Mage. However, Light Armour Mages CAN switch into Arcane Robes for Extra Mdef whenever needed (Although, it's hard to afford two pieces of good armour, and you won't gain any HP or Magic Attack by switching into Robes, only a bit extra Magical Defence.)

I believe that at level 60+ the damage difference between AA and LA starts to become more noticeable, plus, a lot of monsters start using Magical Based attacks at this level mark.

I am personally using a Light Armour build at the moment, although my current plan is t use a Reset Note, and go Full Arcane at level 90. I manage 6.8k+ Pdef with Full Buffs, 4.1k HP Buffed, and have a Critical Hit rate of 10%. However, my damage is now starting to become a lot less than an Arcane Users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
This discussion has been closed.