Answer to PWI players greedy over pricing?

robzombie20
robzombie20 Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
I have seen games who solved over pricing and stablize their ingame economy and it worked great on all of them. all their items had a lowest (0) to highest price zone. Players could not sell items exceedingly this max price so they couldnt over price it even if they wanted. this also made the economy more stable for everyone. they all hated this change i nthe other games when it was in put in but after they loved the effects it had on stablizing the ingame economy. so this may help here. basicly it would be a price zone lock placed on every item standardizing prices.
Post edited by robzombie20 on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I really don't think letting PWE control the standard prices of in-game items would improve the situation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i also think a system like that is a good idea, although it will take a lot of tweaking by the devs to get to where everyone is happy with it. the main problem is that anytime you have a large change like that there are going to be very outspoken people complaining nonstop about it and rage quiting.
    on the other hand what can you do? haters are going to hate.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Very bad idea imo.
    PWI's idea of what players want or need and what it should cost are far off from what players would be willing to pay. Prices would go up massively. Just have a look at what price PWI thinks wine should be sold to get an idea what to expect.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Onsterons - Dreamweaver
    Onsterons - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i would say both sides had + and - BUT
    the thing is that from pwi side isnt any reason to fix an goldprice ingame or do a pricelimit for any sort of items cuz thats the way that pwi makes money^^ b:shutup
    from players side is it like that, u will allways have peeps they r above your lvl and able to do things like instances/bosses/raids who earn them items that you as "low"lvl need to come further! so it is normal that those peeps set the prices like they expect what the stuff is worth.
    b:shocked
    so i think pwi should take some time to calculate ALL the ingame mats n things new and find a way to make it comfortable for both sides! at least if that is done we can talk about an pricelimit in AH or catshops. otherwise i think well have the same problems after couple weeks.
    while i am writing that i was thinking of the mystmerchant in 1k lol if u take a look there of the catshop prices for chips and the endprices for tt-goldmats there that isnt comparable to the AH prices just for the (some) goldmats LOL b:laugh
    so either way i would say that pwi should hold an little regulating hand on the marketprice because i saw whole servers going down and massleaving/ragequitting just of the market.
    just for an example u should check pw-may!!

i have a dream from back in the days where gold was about 100k b:chuckle

take care guys and dont think just about the fast money^^
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Items you can farm in-game are not very pricey in the first place (specially compared to goldprices) so no clue how players would benefit from a set price. You cant overprice TT/Nirvana/Mirages/other mats in the first place if you wanna sell stuff whiting reasonable time.

Its way more annoying when sellers in an area have this unwritten rule to sell (for example) OHT mats/mirages for exactly the same prices as all the other shops, than no one is being competitive and dumping prices. Sellers/Company's working together to restrict prices is illegal in your normal world, but cartels in PWI are just fine i guess :D
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    it's not greedy overpriced OP, it's what people pay for it.
    if you have a problem boycott it.

every coin has too sides: u talk about greedy overpricing, i'll talk about u being greedy and wanting to buy an item for cheap.

nothing has a fixed value, not IRL, not in game; all that matters is what someone is willing to pay for it.

besides ur idea wont work; people will just wc for the item.
    or u are gonna to forbid people from trading stuff between them?

tl;dr: there is no problem. laissez faire-laissez passer please
  • Grannondorf - Harshlands
    Grannondorf - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if you really wanted to fix the economy in the game.. first thing you would do is stop selling stuff for the game out side the game < gold > and make every player self dependent instead of credit card dependant. thats your only fix.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if you really wanted to fix the economy in the game.. first thing you would do is stop selling stuff for the game out side the game < gold > and make every player self dependent instead of credit card dependant. thats your only fix.

True b:bye
    But that mean less income for PWE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Grannondorf - Harshlands
    Grannondorf - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if they went the other way< fix prices in game> they would monopolize us by making that set ingame price but then u got that already set price for gold at 1 dallor per gold..

think about what they could do now, after knowing that part b:chuckle.