Taking All Bets

DaKillanator - Raging Tide
DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
In Feb, with the release of the Genesis Expansion, will there be a new server? If so, what type will it be?

You don't need ANY evidence to post or vote, I'm just interested in what peoples hope for.

Oh and you can also reference this thread after the genesis expansion to your friends if you were right so you can say, "I told you so." b:pleased
Post edited by DaKillanator - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally say no new server. Arch server is practically dead (population-wise) compared to the older servers. It just wouldn't make sense.

Only excuse I could see of rerolling on a new server at this point is to get away from the horrible General Summer sale, but everyone knows they're going to bring that back eventually anyway (much like how I used to say that rerolling on RT when it came out would be good to get away from the anni pack horror. Trollolololololol).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    (much like how I used to say that rerolling on RT when it came out would be good to get away from the anni pack horror. Trollolololololol).

<---rerolled on RT to escape the anni pack horror....QQ
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There will most likely be no servers coming out when the expansion comes.

Why?

None are the servers are close to being full and some of the previous servers were not even necessary to add in the first place.

But if they do add a new server hopefully it will be a PvP one since there is only 2 PvP server out of like 5-6 PvE ones so it will make since to add another PvP one if they do add a new server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In Feb, with the release of the Genesis Expansion, will there be a new server? If so, what type will it be?

You don't need ANY evidence to post or vote, I'm just interested in what peoples hope for.

Oh and you can also reference this thread after the genesis expansion to your friends if you were right so you can say, "I told you so." b:pleased
    I hope no, until the game starts getting new people coming in.

Sources- Spirit_Age says so. X3
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2011
    God, enough with the QQing for a new server. Making it a poll so the thread doesn't get closed won't change anything.

There will not be a new server.

Wouldn't it be better if they spent the money to pay Devs to fix all the existing bugs rather than to create another server we don't need?

I mean really, do you know what the hardware setup alone costs for a new server? Not to mention that the existing servers aren't saturated enough to justify it.

Get a clue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    inb4newserver(s)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There will be one of both.

They will use the new servers as a perfect excuse to launch a massive sale, consisting of pack discounts, reputation sale, chip sale, battle pet pack sale, +11 and +12 orbs debuting in the boutique, 1* orb sale, 10* orb sale. And of course, the debut of a new pack. And a mount and aerogear sale for epic laughs.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well, since it's obvious PWI doesn't care about the sustained health of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they opened up a new server. Give it 4 months before it's dead.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There will be another server and it will be pve.
    At least thats my guess.
    Note I defiantly agree theres no need for another server but looks at what PWE does it is nearly always the opposite of whats wanted/needed by the majority of the player base.
    And pve because those seem to bring in more money, at least why else are there so many more pve servers than pvp ones.

Sorry if my English isn't perfect but it isn't my native language
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am hoping no new servers...

If there were, I would not go.

I'd suggest to the GM's maybe doing a highlight of each server, basically the active population, information about that server, and even maybe highlight things within the server with screen shots, such as accomplishments of players, maybe highlight an active legion and etc.

You know.... advertise .... that way a person can see what the differences in the servers on PWI are, and make a better decision on where to play.

Such as a guage on economy, how much the average gold in AH is selling for, some ... chart.. showing activity, average level for the active, how many active guilds, how many with guild icons/without, and etc...

Talk about how the PVE servers differ from the PVP and etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I vote no new server. The servers we have are already comfortably populated or underpopulated so there is no need for more room.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Another one of THESE threads... you should know better. Oh wait, you're from RT. Never mind.

Duh, of course there will be a new server. With new pack sales. Haven't you been here long enough to know this much? Geez.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.