5aps Nerf

Zenorx - Harshlands
Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
zzzzzZZzzzzZz

I know I'm making "another one of those threads" but no one seems to know.

Has 5aps been nerfed in the Chinese PW?

Tried looking through some forums but google translator sucks QQ

Anyone know if these are talking about a 5aps nerf? They do keep saying 5.0

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1692599&extra=page%3D1&page=1

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1693034&extra=page%3D1

Anyone care to translate?

b:surrender
Post edited by Zenorx - Harshlands on

Comments

• NetLorD - Harshlands
    NetLorD - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    max aps on chinese server is still 5 aps the only thing that has been changed so far are the bonus on tt 99 sets . 2 pieces of 99 set give +10 vit and 4 pieces give 0.05 int att so in a way its been nerfed a litle bit b:bye gl hf
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

So there not gunna nerf 5aps

Well not much anyways

Dammit
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

So there not gunna nerf 5aps

Well not much anyways

Dammit

"max aps on chinese server is still 5 aps the only thing that has been changed so far are the bonus on tt 99 sets . 2 pieces of 99 set give +10 vit and 4 pieces give 0.05 int att so in a way its been nerfed a litle bit gl hf "

That would pretty much **** APS through and through.

Methinks its a lie however.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2 pieces of 99 set give +10 vit and 4 pieces give 0.05 int att

I thought this is just a rumour, can someone confirm with a source please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Surly someone on the forums can read chinese

Can't they just take a look at the chinese forums?
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    max aps on chinese server is still 5 aps the only thing that has been changed so far are the bonus on tt 99 sets . 2 pieces of 99 set give +10 vit and 4 pieces give 0.05 int att so in a way its been nerfed a litle bit b:bye gl hf

Look at the pictures posted in the post in the first link that the OP provided here: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread...age%3D1&page=1

If the gray numbers "2011-1-9 13:58" in the upper right hand corner are in fact the date as I am thinking they are, then this post was very recent. (meaning that the post was made after the expansion was added) Now, this obviously doesn't say anything about when the pictures were taken.

If the pictures were taken after the expansion however....this TT99 set bonus nerf is fake. Look at her gear. From the icons (I assume they are the same across versions), I see nirvana claws (int -0.1), Lunar cape (int -0.05), tome (int -0.05), TT99 wrist (int -0.1), nirvana leggings (int -0.05), and only two pieces of TT99 (int -0.00?)
    Thats only int -0.35, .05 short of the -.4 needed to get a base aps of 3.33 (and of course 5.0 aps w/ spark) that her stats show.

So, unless these pictures were taken long before the post was made (which is quite possible), then the TT99 set bonus has not been nerfed in the Chinese version, since she wouldn't be able to have those stats with that gear alone.

Please correct me if I missed a piece of -int gear that she is wearing.

A way to prove that the pictures were taken after the expansion would be to somehow recognize something in the pictures that was introduced with the expansion. I do not know so much about what was introduced though, so maybe someone else can find something that I didn't.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    umm..... There are a number of people here who play on the CN servers.

If there were any nerf, you would have already heard about it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This thread aga- kudos OP, kudos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    unless you hear word of it from a red avatar here, take things with a grain of salt. this aint china, dont expect us to play babel fish for you. not like this is some big drastic change anyways, itd be more like fixing a glitch. anyways who cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    unless you hear word of it from a red avatar here, take things with a grain of salt. this aint china, dont expect us to play babel fish for you. not like this is some big drastic change anyways, itd be more like fixing a glitch. anyways who cares.

You were referring to rubberbanding, here?

b:question
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    eventhough micheal_dark is a dik but he is right, if there really is nerf, we'd have know it now. rumors r not anymore rumors.

they (the PWCN) already had their expension, so there shouldn't be anymore rumors, just reliable facts. ask someone who already played PWCN n they can give u the answer
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Also that tt99 going fro 4 pieces is just bull....

Wtf ive spend, like many ppl, 80mil on the ornaments/writs/boots only for the int.... and like many more ppl will....

Its a moeny source for them they wont nerf it.......
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I remember it was officially stated that it won't be nerfed but will become ineffective with time and future expansions, whatever that might mean... >.>
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I remember it was officially stated that it won't be nerfed but will become ineffective with time and future expansions, whatever that might mean... >.>

I read that too, and can't help but think "They're going to introduce 7 and 8 aps who will laugh at the 5"

Being serious though, it'll be rank10 gear with huge damage; damage-reduction armour (5 attacks, each doing, um, zero. Ha!) and more bosses with reflect.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I read that too, and can't help but think "They're going to introduce 7 and 8 aps who will laugh at the 5"

Being serious though, it'll be rank10 gear with huge damage; damage-reduction armour (5 attacks, each doing, um, zero. Ha!) and more bosses with reflect.

or the new classes get a base damage equivalent to 5 sage sparked bids per second b:shocked

of course something new will come out which will make us look back at these 5 aps threads and laugh at how we thought that was OP. At how we thought nix bleed was OP. At how we thought ToP + Armageddon was OP before the genie "nerf".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's already funny watching a 5aps trying to muscle me out of a grind spot.

And what happened to when we used to AoE in FBs? People getting stupid over this 5aps thing and wasting time with it.

Learn something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMnsajWOMd4

-That's even with weak DDs.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »

Grinding? I know not of this ancient practice.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Grinding for DQrewards
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011

And what happened to when we used to AoE in FBs? People getting stupid over this 5aps thing and wasting time with it.

so how much profit/h did u have with that run?
    how much profit/h do u make while grinding?
    how much profit/h with ur super ultra awesome wizzie money making technique?

some numbers certainly wont hurt ur market
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2011

lol what thats people doing trophy mode, barb had 29.5k? hp used 250k hp charm?the BM WAS using fists on boss point?, is that CN or a private server? cleric has rank6 or tt100 wep...
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Um... what is there to learn? All I see is the poor barb potting & getting charm r aped all the time... That doesn't exactly take any skill...
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    so how much profit/h did u have with that run?
    how much profit/h do u make while grinding?
    how much profit/h with ur super ultra awesome wizzie money making technique?

some numbers certainly wont hurt ur market

If I understand properly how trophy mode works, on a shared run they would each get roughly 1/8 of a (pink) winged trophy and 156 rep, in under 15 minutes. They would also have some other reward options and variations but a lot of them did not look so good to me. Profit, however, would depend on market conditions. If it was a bounty hunt, they would also get credit for that (this would let you count ~200k saved on wine costs in your profit). [Edit: but I do not know if the medals are can be traded or if they are bound, I also do not know if shared mode gives everyone a medal, and also trophy cloaks depend on the instance you get them from, for example lunar trophy mode would get you a lunar cloak.]

You would also get mold and book drop chances, and someone might even want to go back after and pick up a few dq items.

And I think tweakz's point was that most of that damage could not be done by 5aps (though 5aps would have helped in a few places). (@Mosz: you are criticizing the economics of choices made in a different market which we know nothing about, and @SQUISHKASS: this was without any genies).

But I imagine that if many people were doing these runs frequently that prices on those cloaks would fall...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    (@Mosz: you are criticizing the economics of choices made in a different market which we know nothing about,

i am? if you are referring to wep ot sages /tt100 wep that is referring to tweaks saying "weak DDs" when barb has 29.5k hp, bm has lunar claw, cleric has powerful wep, its not really a weak squad.cant exactly tell DD weps..... under closer inspection pretty sure archer and veno are both using rank8 weps, which is a far cry from weak dd
    if you are referring to something else, well i missed it.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i am? if you are referring to wep ot sages /tt100 wep that is referring to tweaks saying "weak DDs" when barb has 29.5k hp, bm has lunar claw, cleric has powerful wep, its not really a weak squad.cant exactly tell DD weps..... under closer inspection pretty sure archer and veno are both using rank8 weps, which is a far cry from weak dd
    if you are referring to something else, well i missed it.

When I: a veno could kill the bulk about as fast as whole squad: yes they're pretty weak by today's standards and when comparing build cost vs current 5aps. You look at weapon and ignore how pathetically slow they were killing. This isn't to say they sucked, but by today's standards at least on HT that this could have been done better. You don't see but rather ignore: atk level, channeling, matk, weapon refine/ imbue, and crit rate,
    And I think tweakz's point was that most of that damage could not be done by 5aps (though 5aps would have helped in a few places).

^^ This, and some people don't seem to grasp that you can learn something from things that aren't exactly related to what they're doing. So it was a Trophy run, and Barb has great HP: it still shows a different style than the pull 1-1 slow **** we're seeing in recent squads doing BH, FB, Warsong, and grinding.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    And I think tweakz's point was that most of that damage could not be done by 5aps (though 5aps would have helped in a few places).

Wait... That's an incorrect statement

Since when were 5 aps characters unable to aoe just like anyone else in a trophy mode run?

Sins can aoe
    BMs can aoe
    Archers can aoe
    Barbs can aoe
    ^
    All with 5 aps can wtfpwn bosses

Venos can aoe
    Psys can aoe
    Wizs can aoe
    Clerics can aoe
    ^
    Can't wtfpwn bosses with 5 aps (except for fist venos)

So that video proved absolutely nothing.

Tweakz, you've yet to provide proof that you can grind/farm the amount of money 5 aps can in a Nirvana/TT squad in the same time(and saying "I can 1-2 shot 50 mobs at once" isn't proving anything)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited January 2011

Since when were 5 aps characters unable to aoe just like anyone else in a trophy mode run?

Sins can aoe
    BMs can aoe
    Archers can aoe
    Barbs can aoe
    ^

Venos can aoe
    Psys can aoe
    Wizs can aoe
    Clerics can aoe
    ^
    Can't wtfpwn bosses with 5 aps (except for fist venos)

Tweakz, you've yet to provide proof that you can grind/farm the amount of money 5 aps can in a Nirvana/TT squad in the same time(and saying "I can 1-2 shot 50 mobs at once" isn't proving anything)

+1

@ tweaks stop being a troll plz

I didn't start the damn thread to find out about venos and how u can 1-2 shot lotsa mobs.

If u can't answer the thread question, then how about u don't post at all b:bye

Edit: oh yeah and hes absolutely right, 5aps people have AoE's too zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and I'm pretty sure a BM/barb can take on more mobs than your veno................
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    inb4aoedmg>5aps@boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    i am?

Yes, you were, here:
    barb ... used 250k hp charm?

Do you see how this criticism has an implicit dependency on the current economic state of the game? (The other statements about gear have analogous dependencies, yes, but this was the one I was thinking of, because its about a consumable.)

Sins can aoe
    BMs can aoe
    Archers can aoe
    Barbs can aoe
    ^

Silly, silly eldersig...

You cannot aoe effectively with 5aps. Even blademasters have to switch weapons to do their awesome aoes.

Yes, a character with 5aps can still aoe, but that has nothing to do with the statement I made that you objected to, which was: "I think tweakz's point was that most of that damage could not be done by 5aps".

In other words: aoe damage is not 5aps damage.

Yes, I think it did. If nothing else, I currently believe it proved that you, personally, are unwilling to think analytically. You probably are not unable to think analytically, but you seem to want other people to do that kind of thinking for you.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    "max aps on chinese server is still 5 aps the only thing that has been changed so far are the bonus on tt 99 sets . 2 pieces of 99 set give +10 vit and 4 pieces give 0.05 int att so in a way its been nerfed a litle bit gl hf "

That would pretty much **** APS through and through.

Methinks its a lie however.

*hopes it's the truth*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This is going way off-topic :) So is there any proof of a TT99 bonus changes or just a link that doesn't work?