The Truth About Rare Pets

Options
sirdavid5
sirdavid5 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Venomancer
Hello I would like to share this info with everyone who is interested in Rare pets and all class pets. To those who are not really sure about them I hope this helps. Not all Venos hunt the Rare pets to make fast coins. Some do and some don't. Some Venos hunt to help friends get one of their own, or to help a friend make their own all class pet. If you have the right number and kind of each egg you can go to the Zoo Lady in South Arch and make your own all class pet for 200K. As for the high priced Rare Veno pet eggs well that's where the Truth must be told. The fact is that a lot of Venos hunt them just to make fast coins. The worst part about it is the Price Gouging. The best way for them to do this is to dominate the location. Some do this by threatening other Venos that come by telling them they will either kill the pet so no one gets it or get them ban from the game for hunting it. Then some Venos works in groups with other to control the spots. For example with the bear cub one Veno tames at one location while their partner kills the second one. This lets them dominate that pet and gives them control of the prices. So in all Truth if you pay more than 600k for the BEAR CUB, CAT, DOG, FROG, then you really are getting RIPPED OFF. How ever for the pig around 900K or less is not bad because there really is just two of them a day not four. As for your higher lvl Rare pets around 900K or less is not that bad as well. If you are tired of being Ripped off then stop letting them do it to you. Stop paying their Greedy prices and help take back Control and stop the Price Gouging. The buyers are the ones who have true Control, so make a stand and stop letting them RIP YOU OFF. Thank you I hope this inside info has been helpful. This info is for the players of Heavens Tear Sev.
Post edited by sirdavid5 on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Next time just hold the Q button down, then post pls.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sirdavid5 wrote: »
    Hello I would like to share this info with everyone who is interested in Rare pets and all class pets. To those who are not really sure about them I hope this helps. Not all Venos hunt the Rare pets to make fast coins. Some do and some don't. Some Venos hunt to help friends get one of their own, or to help a friend make their own all class pet. If you have the right number and kind of each egg you can go to the Zoo Lady in South Arch and make your own all class pet for 200K. As for the high priced Rare Veno pet eggs well that's where the Truth must be told. The fact is that a lot of Venos hunt them just to make fast coins. The worst part about it is the Price Gouging. The best way for them to do this is to dominate the location. Some do this by threatening other Venos that come by telling them they will either kill the pet so no one gets it or get them ban from the game for hunting it. Then some Venos works in groups with other to control the spots. For example with the bear cub one Veno tames at one location while their partner kills the second one. This lets them dominate that pet and gives them control of the prices. So in all Truth if you pay more than 600k for the BEAR CUB, CAT, DOG, FROG, then you really are getting RIPPED OFF. How ever for the pig around 900K or less is not bad because there really is just two of them a day not four. As for your higher lvl Rare pets around 900K or less is not that bad as well. If you are tired of being Ripped off then stop letting them do it to you. Stop paying their Greedy prices and help take back Control and stop the Price Gouging. The buyers are the ones who have true Control, so make a stand and stop letting them RIP YOU OFF. Thank you I hope this inside info has been helpful. This info is for the players of Heavens Tear Sev.

Exactly what marista and kinnacat do on lost city server :)

p.s. don't buy from them
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Just dont buy any at all. Rare pets are pretty useless. A glacier thing from tideborn is free and better.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LoooL
    I'm in HT, too.
    But I've never seen that veno xD

Well, taming for making easy and fast coins it's a nice thing for who can do it.
    "Who can do it": usually tamers have -36 or more -channelling. And well, under lvl 70 this means that they have spent a lot of coins to get them.
    It's a way to make coins better than solo TT. But gives less coins, but can be sure that wont die. :P
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

p.s. don't buy from them

LC is a PvP server, isnt it? Well, pk them while they're taming xD
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, taming for making easy and fast coins it's a nice thing for who can do it.
    "Who can do it": usually tamers have -36 or more -channelling. And well, under lvl 70 this means that they have spent a lot of coins to get them.
    It's a way to make coins better than solo TT. But gives less coins, but can be sure that wont die. :P

You should see some of the venos in sanc. Particular one in mind, dont know if he/she still goes to rare pets, but she/he has about -50% channeling.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yep, there are a lot of unfriendlies in this game. If they won't let anyone get a rare pet, kill the pet on them and watch them QQ.

Plus, the rare pets aren't great anyways. People think the Kowlin is the best pulling pet in the game and it really isn't. The others can be replaced by better non-rare & free pets.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LC is a PvP server, isnt it? Well, pk them while they're taming xD

I met kinnacat today...PKed her in frost before I read this b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Some selfish venos buy rare pets just so others can't have them.

This is a game. It is competitive. Pls stop with all the QQ / Pls give me. Demanding lower prices is as selfish as demanding higher prices. If pet is not worth it: don't buy. -Simple as that.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    like others said, those pets are pretty much useless ..so never buy one.
    i was laughting a little when new pets were available and only from CS... haha you could see 'crafted' baby pets for less than zoologist price
  • piiiiiiiiiiiii
    piiiiiiiiiiiii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I just cant understand this.You talk about the prices like it would be like 10m/each.I mean 1m or max. 1.5m...for a veno,who dont need money(cause you hate venos who can make money), who dont need to repair, dont need so super armor for a long time, and such.Why is it soo expensive for them? Cause its unfair that the other venos spent a lot of coins on fast gears(so very far away from free)so they can catch it, and you cant have it for cheap or for 0coins.great logic.And what would happen if every fast farmer veno dissapear? lvl 20 farmer rich venos would make the world a better place?
    Oh and fast coins? Is that a bad thing?Is it a nicer/better thing to farm TTs or farm mats or whatever to make money?Or you think its easier to make money just cause some1 is high lvl, or every1 is rich on high lvl?Little venos want a pet they can catch it or buy it, other venos want good stuffs so they tame pets and buy stuffs.It doesnt mean that they are all greedy and mean. And I really doubt that you know these venos so well, that you can tell the truth about them.Its just your theory behind their backs.
    And rare pets are really weak, they are just cute, so no1 really NEED them.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Rare pets remain a legitimate choice for those players whose playstyle they are well suited for.

My only two land pets are a Shaodu Cub and a Tabby Plumdrop. The tabby i use for the role of attack/puller/debuffer. It's a well rounded pet with high speed, a decent damage output and good defensive stats. The cub is a solid tanker with great phys and mag resists, exceptionally high hp and good eva. They're both responsive and easy to handle. They also have a small aggro footprint and provide increased situational awareness.

Time and again i've seen them outperform more traditional choices because of their often overlooked advantages. I'm not in anyway claiming they're the best available in game, what i'm saying is they make terrific pets and are wicked good when aptly handled.

I have nothing but respect for whatever tools other players choose to use, these careless bashing of rares just perpetuates a stigma associated with their use. Their quality is not even a central topic to this thread's subject so really all the bashing is uncalled for. Only thing this opinions about how rares are useless do is expose some posters as ignorant of the game's mechanics.
  • Slashreaver - Heavens Tear
    Slashreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hears what you do with those people that make threats kill the pet so they cant tame it. then watch them cry to there moms or world chat. they wont dare ever threaten you again. and if its a pk server just kill them. or if pk have your faction wipe everyone in the area out. trust me they don't ban for tormenting punks.

yes the first one doesn't land you the pet but getting to cry in wc is well priceless.
  • piiiiiiiiiiiii
    piiiiiiiiiiiii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Rare pet farmers are bad, mean,greedy evil ppl, but rare pet killers are heroic and nice ppl who fight for the rights?sure...
    You really think that you are better than them?Tamers catch pets cause they are evil and hate every1,and cant accept that some1 is better?I dont think so. PPl who cant win, so they kill it are just pathetic, and dont deserve any pet.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i got easy all rare pets:) i and my friend. work together to get all... i killed all the venos..she tamed the rare petb:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yep, there are a lot of unfriendlies in this game. If they won't let anyone get a rare pet, kill the pet on them and watch them QQ.

Plus, the rare pets aren't great anyways. People think the Kowlin is the best pulling pet in the game and it really isn't. The others can be replaced by better non-rare & free pets.

hmh..Kolwin is 1 of the fastes pet..so he is good to lure with..<.< but ppl don't have buy it..just tame it LOL easy.and free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i got easy all rare pets:) i and my friend. work together to get all... i killed all the venos..she tamed the rare petb:laughb:victory

I lol'd...
    <-- Ish very happy to be on PvE server.
    I tame rares occasionally for fun. I even tip other veno's how to beat me.
    Im not gonna let them win ofcourse but if they do I dont mind :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you think the prices for an unneeded luxury item are unfair, use the free alternatives. And Supa, please, QQmoar. It's really quite amusing to see people so hurt by the consequences of your own actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you think the prices for an unneeded luxury item are unfair, use the free alternatives. And Supa, please, QQmoar. It's really quite amusing to see people so hurt by the consequences of your own actions.
    could you be any less obnoxious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I could try, but why would I want to be less...? It's hardly as though I am. Unless telling annoying people in fairly polite terms that they can stop because there's a much earlier alternative, typing with proper grammar and capitalization, or only bothering to dedicate two sentences in an on-topic post to an irritating basher instead of derailing the topic with a pointless argument is obnoxious. I admit I'm now violating the latter by posting this at all when what you said has no relevance to the topic, but I felt the need to answer and will not respond to this thread of conversation any further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Sekhmett - Harshlands
    Sekhmett - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you have the right number and kind of each egg you can go to the Zoo Lady in South Arch and make your own all class pet for 200K.

Could you expand on that please. Are you talking about a non-combat pet ?
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you have the right number and kind of each egg you can go to the Zoo Lady in South Arch and make your own all class pet for 200K.

Could you expand on that please. Are you talking about a non-combat pet ?

yes, all class pets r non-combat pets what every class can use. but i think there r still bunch of cheap all class pets around from those pet packs. its cheaper to just buy all class pet than make it unless u r veno. tho its not worth to make one for veno too, best is sell eggs and buy all class pet and u will have more coins left
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sirdavid5 wrote: »

p.s. don't buy from them

*wakes up in the morning and finds this months later*

*sigh* Looks like Mari was right, you are accusing us of something we never did. Normally I wouldn't reply since it's been months, but this truly hurts. Here's what really happened:

I've been taming since I hit lvl 20 about 2 years ago. My first pet was a Tabby Plumdrop, I named her Aly. Now she's lvl 94 with herc & nix buffs and works great as a tank. After I got Aly, for a long time I only tamed to give to those who wanted the rare for themselves, not to sell it. If no one at the spawn wanted it as a pet, then I would either sell it or keep it for someone else.

On the way, I met a lot of ppl, some getting jealous because of my numerous tames. (Having a lvl 101 archer on your back isn't fun. I offered my help a couple of times, but he kept pking me and calling me names... >.>;) Getting pked at the spawns was something current in the beginning, for me at least. Now rare pet spawns are pretty much deserted. QQ Anyways, one of the venos I met was Marista. I was waiting at the kowlin spawn. Mari didn't get it. It was her first time though, it's rare that someone succeeds at the first try. At the next spawn, she didn't get it again. I saw she was starting to despair, so I helped her out. I gave her some tricks and tips. She became such a good tamer she got some ppl on her back too! xD She wasn't the only one to despair after a few tries. I was like that too. I always did my best to help the venos I saw with that attitude. I always said, and still say: ''Believe, don't lose hope, work for what you want, it will come to you. =]''

Now for the accusing us part. Supa THINKS that's what was happening, but you can never judge a book by it's cover. :

Like many venos, Mari wanted a nix. There was nothing I currently wanted, so I decided to help her out. I gave all the rares I tamed until she got her nix. When times were too tight, She would go to one rare and I to another. The only times we pked, was when we knew that person was going to kill the rare so we wouldn't get it. We also pked when we knew we were going to get shot. I admit killing rares. Most of the time it was by accident. (Luckily that didn't happen often...) The times where I killed it on purpose were when supa was there. We knew he would either try to pk us (ganking or himself) or kill the rare himself. We only killed it if we were alone, as in no other venos but us 3. If there were other venos, we wouldn't kill it.

Well, that was a long post... But at least everything is cleared out now. I don't like seeing my name on something bad like this, especially when I have nothing to do with it. Sorry for the late explanation. I am well aware that this was posted months ago, so please don't annoy me with it.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Instead of the Shaodu Cub, just tame a Quadrastral Beetle, or Quadrastral Beetle King. They have almost the same stats as the cub, but they're free and easy to catch.b:pleased
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How 2 get all rare u wnat, no1 will be able 2 tame it before U:

* BUy NO-channing pot and , then u have 100% chnage 2 get a rare :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• lordxionv
    lordxionv Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    On sanc i tried to get shadou cub because i hate the GW size and there were many venos there. Apparantly they all agree that two(will leave unamed) dominate the spawn with -50% channeling and one of them always get it never anyone else. I cannot nearly aford a cub and want one so catching one is my only way to get one. I find it unfair that they will dominate it like they do.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Just dont buy any at all. Rare pets are pretty useless. A glacier thing from tideborn is free and better.

Glacial Walker comes with Pounce? b:shocked I didn't know that! Gonna sell my Shaodu Cub RIGHT NOW and get a Walker!

Glacial Walker is a good pet. But I would never ever in my life get rid of my cub for one. Being able to actually click anywhere on my screen, and not click on the walker make it worth it all on it's own. Having better MDef is another bonus. And Pounce is a third.

Still using my cub at level 81. I used a Magmite for... 20 minutes, got mad at always clicking on it, and tossed it.

And let's see, the Kowlin. Awesome puller pet. Name something better for pulling.

I could care less about QQing about all class pets, and camping. I got my cub a very long time ago, and never will be getting rid of him.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Glacial Walker comes with Pounce? b:shocked I didn't know that! Gonna sell my Shaodu Cub RIGHT NOW and get a Walker!

Glacial Walker is a good pet. But I would never ever in my life get rid of my cub for one. Being able to actually click anywhere on my screen, and not click on the walker make it worth it all on it's own. Having better MDef is another bonus. And Pounce is a third.

Still using my cub at level 81. I used a Magmite for... 20 minutes, got mad at always clicking on it, and tossed it.

And let's see, the Kowlin. Awesome puller pet. Name something better for pulling.

Eldergoth Marksman , Cactopod from Eden , range pets tend to perfomr better in the luring job. personally i dont use them , i prefer a guardian wolf instead (better HP and defences than Kowlin)

I could care less about QQing about all class pets, and camping. I got my cub a very long time ago, and never will be getting rid of him.

in green b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Couple things:

- This was a necro but I can understand why the person did it.. their name was used in a libelous way and they just now found it.

- The Kowlin is fast but I can point out some equally good pullers -- petalli's and florafang's. At higher levels they are extremely fast and decent pullers.

- Cactopod's are ok pullers, however, unfortunately there is a glitch with using them to pull where hitting one in a group that are "connected" and close to another in an instance will cause all connected mobs to come with them. I encountered numerous times, and it happened most often to me against Wurlord in 2-2 and 2-3.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well~ I play an open pvp server..
    So I just kill all the other venos and tame my pet :3

Works perfectly.