plz i need help for my cleric

Peachfox - Dreamweaver
Peachfox - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
hi-ho!!!b:laugh
well i have a lvl 27 cleric, and i my stats are: 46 vit, 79 mag, 17 str, and 8 dex
i have no idea what build to use, or if my stats are alright...
when i fight monsters 1 or 2 lvls above me i keep dying, unless i use
heaps of pots and do ironheart blessing....
someone plz help!
thankyou veryvery much xD
b:thanks
Post edited by Peachfox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xyar - Sanctuary
    Xyar - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    your build is a little messed up at the moment. if you don't know which build to use, i'd suggest read some of the guides that are in the forum first and work out which one suits you best.

from where you are now, if you are going vit arcane armor building, then there is no point putting dex into your build. also, i think your vit is a bit too high for your level.

if you want to go with light armor build, then you cannot spare any points into vit at all, since the build is 3 mag, 1 dex, 1 str every level.

for me, i'd actually start a new cleric, as the cost of restating will not be worth it.

another factor is your skills. you'll need to do your best to keep them levelled up.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    your build is a little messed up at the moment. if you don't know which build to use, i'd suggest read some of the guides that are in the forum first and work out which one suits you best.

from where you are now, if you are going vit arcane armor building, then there is no point putting dex into your build. also, i think your vit is a bit too high for your level.

if you want to go with light armor build, then you cannot spare any points into vit at all, since the build is 3 mag, 1 dex, 1 str every level.

for me, i'd actually start a new cleric, as the cost of restating will not be worth it.

another factor is your skills. you'll need to do your best to keep them levelled up.

^Good advice^

Dex is only useful for LA builds, but LA clerics have lower attacks/heals but more "survivability". Its a viable build but less popular. I quoted survivability because my personal preference is having stronger heals for myself when I'm in danger than a little more phys defense. Plus most aoes are magic and it tends to be the aoes/ranged that hit you most often, and magic defense is lower in LA.

LA build, as stated is 1 dex and 1strength per level (your level +4) to wear your armor. You then need 3 magic per level to use your weapon. The only way you add vitality is at the expense of using your gear at your current level ie. you've added 15 points to vitality instead of magic so your can't use a level 42 weapon until level 47. Also if your gear adds to stats and you are good at planning ahead you can work with those stats.

Pure magic build. I use this build but it really doesn't pay off til level 60+. Your arcane armor requires .5 strength per level ((your current level - 1) / 2 = strength required, round up.) and the other 4.5 stats go into magic. Base dex and vitality. You're very squishy but your heals are awesome, as well as your attacks. Great build, most clerics restat to this late game (90+) once they have refined their gear for more hp because it requires alot of skill on the players part to work with the lower hp. You have to know the game, the mobs, and your class pretty well so I recommend this if you have experience in pwi already but not new to the game.

Hybrid build. This is a vitality/magic build using arcane armor. You still need the .5 str per level, but your remaining stats are divided between vitality and magic. Usually .5 or 1 point into vit per level until capped at 30-60. Its not a bad idea to do what you have done, actually, and feed the vitality in early to help with your learning curve, then stop. Say 1 vitality the first 30 levels, then .5 vitality the next 30 levels till level 61 and stop when it reaches 45. I'd say your vitality should be high enough to last you till a restat at 90 (or keep it, whatever you decide once experience). Cleric don't get much def/hp from vitality points compared to other classes so the benefits off adding it in aren't that high. Still, its nice to have.

So, I'd recommend every level from now on adding .5 str and the rest into magic only. Attack with cyclone first (or a harder hitting skill) while at max range to slow the mob down. Kite if you need to. Get earthquake on your genie for interupt/knockback of close mobs. You may want to garnet shard your gear for added physical defense, or citrine shard for more hp. Whenever you can, grind instead of level for extra coins. Clerics really benefits from stronger skills so its a problem when you level faster than your skills. Happy hunting b:bye
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    IH yourself a few times if you really need it. And yes, there is a point in doing that - IH effect stacks. If you're fighting a mob that seems to be difficult, then you can kite it with Cyclone, as it has a slow down effect. The only downside is that you need to level it a bit before you have the majority of its hits speed debuff the monster. The order that you use your skills in is also important. Plume Shot has a longer casting time than Cyclone, so start off with Plume ****. You can follow that up with Cyclone, which has a shorter casting time. This means you are less likely to get interrupted, which means you would kill faster. Most importantly, remember that you are a ranged casting class. It's good to stand as far back from whatever you're attacking as possible (paying attention to surroundings), so the mob takes longer to get to you, leaving you more time to kill it without being hit. E.g. if you're going to start off with Plume Shot and its max range is 18m, then you stand 18m away from the mob. This is only if there are no aggressive mobs around you.

As for your stats, I believe the minimum needed to get by as an arcane is 1 str 6 mag every 2 levels. This gives you 3 extra points to distribute as you wish. No points in dex are required, and you do not need to add more to str than you need to wear your equips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silverdancer - Dreamweaver
    Silverdancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thankyou for all the replies!!!! (btw im peachfox, i ust changed by avatar)
    So, if i dont start again, 1 str, 9 mag every two lvls can save my cleric??Is she salvageable?
    Or should i just start again? Aaaaaghhh
    Thanks for the help :D:D:D
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    8 dex seems a bit weird, but it's only 3 points gone to waste. Assuming that you add 1 str on every even level, you need to have str at 18 when you're 26/27. Just continue adding 1 str every even level. Other than that dump every other point in mag. Your vit is high for your level, but later on some clerics who find surviving bosses difficult start pumping their vit. I know a few clerics who have capped theirs at 50 base vit. All in all salvagable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silverdancer - Dreamweaver
    Silverdancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    oooh yay that makes me very happy XD
    thankyouforthehelp >.<
    im so glad, cause i lvl superslow, and it took me forever to get to lvl 27
    yaaaayayyayyaayyayaayayayayaaaay
    thankyouthankyou :D:D:D
  • Aijilyuol - Raging Tide
    Aijilyuol - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    8 dex seems a bit weird, but it's only 3 points gone to waste. Assuming that you add 1 str on every even level, you need to have str at 18 when you're 26/27. Just continue adding 1 str every even level. Other than that dump every other point in mag. Your vit is high for your level, but later on some clerics who find surviving bosses difficult start pumping their vit. I know a few clerics who have capped theirs at 50 base vit. All in all salvagable.

TsarBomba is right. I'm lvl 60 and have 34vit, 35str, 243mag. Sure, i have plenty of mana, I heal all and keep stacking. But I still am a one-hit-cleric. One good-landed AOE and there goes good-ol' Aijilyuol...