Serious Business-Helpfull tread -we need your oppinion

Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Tideswell (East)
I was thinking of the money flow on RT and I have some questions for you guys:

1. What does trader/merchant means?

2. Many buy cheap, sell high, wait for their customer, the one who's willing to pay the price, how good is it in regards of the profits?

3.Who are the biggest merchants on RT?

4.Are the heavey cashopers on RT merchants too or they dont care about merchanting profits.

5. How do you prefer to trade, auction house, catshop prospecting or Worldchatting and negociating?

Please answer for each of these questions if you will post on this tread, thank you. b:thanksa
If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
Post edited by Spell_Caster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    3) DukeBlacke, DukeBlacke, DukeBlacke

I ain't answering the rest. Information is power.
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2011

2. Many buy cheap, sell high, wait for their customer, the one who's willing to pay the price, how good is it in regards of the profits?

4.Are the heavey cashopers on RT merchants too or they dont care about merchanting profits.

5. How do you prefer to trade, auction house, catshop prospecting or Worldchatting and negociating?

Please answer for each of these questions if you will post on this tread, thank you. b:thanksa

1! It means to leave the game in a manner where nobody will care!
    2! The profits are better when you quit!
    3! Uninstall.exe is making some neat profits!
    4! You should know this!
    5! I prefer to cast Undine Strike! then Glacial Snare! then Divine Pyrogram! for the amazing! increase! to damage! and! the insane dps!
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I suck at merching and bad with money b:laugh

True story.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    Amrd - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lez is the prime example of how far merchanting can get you ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lez - Raging Tide
    Lez - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1. That your primary source of coins is from buying/selling items.

2. The profit is good, but depends on the buy/sell price of the items you are merchanting.

3. Is difficult to know bc everybody uses alts, but some are the ones that constantly buy anni packs, merchant on wc on the daily basis or have decent catshops.

4. Maybe is about 50/50, most dont care about the profits or try to merchant but waste all their coins on other stuff.... if u cant save coins to merchant, maybe this is not for u.....

5. Deppends on the item... some are better/easier to sell on auction, catshop or WC.

Thanks Amrd but i am broke after the rank sales of december b:surrender , so i apologize in advance to all my customers for the sucky catshop i have atm. b:chuckle
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited January 2011

1.) A trader/merchant is pretty much someone who buys low, sells high for profit. Its an over the time thing, since its hard to make so much money with just a few things in a short period of time. Dedication for sure.

2.) As I said, it depends on how long you do it for. The longer you do what you do, the more the profit will be. Its pretty good the profit you make, but it honestly depends what you're investing in.

3.) Those catshops you see in West District in Archosaur that you always see. You know you buy what they sell. You know when you're desperate for money, you sell that mirage stone or whatever to them. Those are the people with the money :)

4.) Both. Some cash shoppers I've seen bought from the boutique, and sold higher. Or some people just don't care, and just don't merchant. Depends on the person really.

5.) Hmm, I do all of them. If I honestly need something right away, I first go to AH, and if its not there, I move straight to catshops and start asking in trade chat/WC. If someone responds, I trade. Or I just keep looking in cat shops until I find it. :P

I personally love catshops <3 But yeah.

My two cents ^^

Edit: Holy **** theres Lez.
    Omg, I was freaking looking for your catshop and it wasn't there!!!
    *throws you out the window*
    QQQQQQQQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide
    Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2011

1. To me, a trader is one who trades. A merchant is one who makes money off of buying and selling items, but never using them.

2. If you can AFK constantly, then it's very profitable. I often find myself at the right spot at the right time to make some decent profit.

3. The popularly known ones to my knowledge so far are: Lez, DukeBlake, bakuh, a couple others I can't name off the top of my head, and the Tiger/Anni/etc pack merchanters.

4. I have to agree with the previous answer of about 50/50. I'm a cash shopper, and I care about profits a lot. But I've seen others who don't give a flip.

5. I prefer market/WCing and negotiating. But I've found profits in the AH and the catshops as well.

Hope that helped b:bye
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    BR BR BR BR BR.

Does anybody here speak English anymore?
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    BR BR BR BR BR.

Does anybody here speak English anymore?

Que? Ehuahueahueahueahuaeh
  • Riyanna - Raging Tide
    Riyanna - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    NightRage made being BR cool
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    4. Maybe is about 50/50, most dont care about the profits or try to merchant but waste all their coins on other stuff.... if u cant save coins to merchant, maybe this is not for u.....

Dis, QQ.

I've tried merchanting but every time I build up a decent supply of coins I spend it b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dis, QQ.

I've tried merchanting but every time I build up a decent supply of coins I spend it b:sad

If you put it like that then I've done it lost too but I just got my items whenever I had money even if I was broke. Yes it's the exact thing a person that wants to merch shouldn't do but I'm not one to miss out on some potential good pvp just to aim for end-game when the best fun is at early-mid game. I remember I used to kill 3 gold hp charms per week at levels 70-80 because the pk was pretty nice & took part in a few decent TWs with Varden vs Tao and later on vs Carebears as well. It was very wasteful and whoever doesn't enjoy pvp shouldn't attempt to do that but for me it was very fun so I don't see the coins invested in those charms as a waste :P
    Besides that,a game by PWE is the worst mmo to have end-game goals by my opinion since you never know when they put a crappy sale & **** you over.

tldr : I prefer to enjoy the moment x)
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:avoid what is this thread about?
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Someone please translate this tread to LuciferV, ingame or on private message on forums. b:chuckle Thank you very much
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hmm.. idk but
    i did find a cube stamp for 1mil once

is that considered merchanting?
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hmm.. idk but