5aps

2»

Comments

• Phrilly - Sanctuary
    Phrilly - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well, honestly, I personally have no issues with multiclienting itself, and I would actually use such methods of merchanting if I had a comp that could handle it, and if I didn't have an electric bill to worry about.

I certainly don't want to discount your feelings about the game itself, but as far as the utility bill goes...

Since you state that you don't have a powerful enough PC to multiclient, I'm going to assume you have a rather normal PC that's a few years old. I'm going to guess maybe a 350-450W power supply. Let's say you have a lot of devices in the system that draw power even while the system is idle, and that it's actually delivering maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of it's max rating while it's sitting there doing nothing but having the game run, minimized, and merchanting. Obviously the monitor is off, as it's not needed, so no power draw there. Let's say you have a really crappy power supply with horrible efficiency, and your 225W output requires a 300W input. At $.15 per kWh (fairly steep for residential rates - I pay closer to $.10), you're looking at ~$.05 per hour to run your computer. 20 hours of merchanting will cost you ~$1.

Realistically, your PC won't be drawing NEARLY that much power, most likely in the 50-100W range , so you're looking at closer to $.01-$.02 per hour. About as much as a couple of night-lights will run. Not like your utility bills are going to skyrocket.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    what's the players got to do with it? the game company control the in-game economy; it literally exists on the substrate of their creation.

in this case, what happened was PWE implemented a great many gold sinks --- a "bidding hall", in-game auctions for various silly items all of which must be bought with gold; endless and continuous sales of this pack, that pack, and the other pack --- that dramatically increased demand for gold, driving prices up. supply and demand, simple as that.

the underlying issue is that the game company wants impracticably expensive gold, to encourage cash shopping over grinding or farming. free-to-play isn't profitable enough, so they're focusing heavily on the pay-to-win bit.

DING DING DING! We have a winrar. Especialy the last paragraph. that pretty much explains it all.

I like the fact you dont need charms as they are coin drainage items.

No it's not. Charms are a gold sink, not a coin sink.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • jimburns96
    jimburns96 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    Lol @ your post count of 3.

Can't seem to come up with anything better than that? Try to form a thought not based on your narcissistic thirst for attention. I dare you.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hey tweakz,

At least her post count of 3 arn't all trolling like yours

Edit: and its 7 now
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hey tweakz,

At least her post count of 3 arn't all trolling like yours

Edit: and its 7 now

I think tweakz does troll (or post mocking messages), but I have seen a lot of good posts from tweakz also. Maybe those posts were not perfect posts, but some of them have easily been the quality of stickied guides.

Anyways, personally, I would rather you were baiting useful information out of tweakz, rather than this current bs.
  • Chaos_Hobo - Dreamweaver
    Chaos_Hobo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree with Bellarie. I've got college to deal with, and my family expects to see me alive occasionally. Not to mention my friends whom abduct me a few times a week(think im kidding, but half the time I get hauled off right out of bed). So personally I can't farm very well, nor can I aford to cashshop with college expenses. Ive been playing for over a year now and I think I've done pretty well. It annoys me when people consider you "fail" for not having amazing gear. Ive got 3mil in coins to my name, and I'm proud of it. So anyone who thinks you can just farm you obviously don't have a real life to deal with. Granted you can farm with a life, it just takes hella longer. For any other low/no budget hobos like myself, i suggest selling FC chests once you get 85, it's free money and they'll pay for hypers for you to level if you use them wisely. And a tip for anyone that has any healing skills, mp food is wayyyy cheaper than hp food, so when in doubt use your mana. Happy Huntingb:victory

PS: always pick up coin drops/jades/mats. Doing FC I average 20-40k per run in coins, and if you pick up other drops you can either merchant or just npc them. 20 coins in a drop may seem like nothing, but if you pick it up 1000 times, youve got 20k, and it takes like .5 seconds to click on a drop. A penny saved is a penny earned :)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I certainly don't want to discount your feelings about the game itself, but as far as the utility bill goes...

Since you state that you don't have a powerful enough PC to multiclient, I'm going to assume you have a rather normal PC that's a few years old. I'm going to guess maybe a 350-450W power supply. Let's say you have a lot of devices in the system that draw power even while the system is idle, and that it's actually delivering maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of it's max rating while it's sitting there doing nothing but having the game run, minimized, and merchanting. Obviously the monitor is off, as it's not needed, so no power draw there. Let's say you have a really crappy power supply with horrible efficiency, and your 225W output requires a 300W input. At $.15 per kWh (fairly steep for residential rates - I pay closer to $.10), you're looking at ~$.05 per hour to run your computer. 20 hours of merchanting will cost you ~$1.

Realistically, your PC won't be drawing NEARLY that much power, most likely in the 50-100W range , so you're looking at closer to $.01-$.02 per hour. About as much as a couple of night-lights will run. Not like your utility bills are going to skyrocket.

I wouldn't put it past the power company up here to find some excuse to overcharge me. But I don't really get any of those figures you mentioned, so you probably are right. I suppose leaving it on overnight once or twice a week wouldn't be that bad. And yeah, my comp is almost 4 years old.
    I agree with Bellarie. I've got college to deal with, and my family expects to see me alive occasionally. Not to mention my friends whom abduct me a few times a week(think im kidding, but half the time I get hauled off right out of bed). So personally I can't farm very well, nor can I aford to cashshop with college expenses. Ive been playing for over a year now and I think I've done pretty well. It annoys me when people consider you "fail" for not having amazing gear. Ive got 3mil in coins to my name, and I'm proud of it. So anyone who thinks you can just farm you obviously don't have a real life to deal with. Granted you can farm with a life, it just takes hella longer. For any other low/no budget hobos like myself, i suggest selling FC chests once you get 85, it's free money and they'll pay for hypers for you to level if you use them wisely. And a tip for anyone that has any healing skills, mp food is wayyyy cheaper than hp food, so when in doubt use your mana. Happy Huntingb:victory

PS: always pick up coin drops/jades/mats. Doing FC I average 20-40k per run in coins, and if you pick up other drops you can either merchant or just npc them. 20 coins in a drop may seem like nothing, but if you pick it up 1000 times, youve got 20k, and it takes like .5 seconds to click on a drop. A penny saved is a penny earned :)

Yeah, I actually managed to go from lvl 10-15 on my bm without using hp pots or a charm thanks to life powders. The hp and mp apoth items are definitely nice, and as I farm every mat I come across, I usually have at least hp/mp apoth. I'm thinking of investing in the defense buff apoths as well.

And I also pick up everything when it comes to drops. It all helps with farming coins, and the extra mp pots are always nice.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011

^-- Score!

I use Sharpshooter Arrows, they run me 2 Mil per 50K arrows. some say OMFG!!

I say that;s cheap, that;s 40 Coin Per Arrow, average use of 2-3 Arrows per mob means a mob costs me around 120 Coin, lvl 100+ mobs drop 300+ coins on average, so i make profit on it, and i can pay for my arrows that way.

Then there is all the NPC-able **** you get, done, grinding is profitable, but..it will take a LONG LONG time 2 make any money, but ow well, its relaxing at times.

but that's me
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower