Options
    6 months

80-100 pretty fast cause of frost
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    o.O orly? That makes me want to play as my BM now more. :P

Or my barb, played on him a few days back.

Yeah I'd rather do so on my BM unless Seeker comes out before I get back to playing.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    1-50 took over a year (this was before all the dailies were out) I merchanted a lot at around level 50, got 32m coins (was a LOT back then) and Oracled to 65. I quit several times... dailies and stuff to level 80.. then FCC from 80 to 90 took a couple months because i was lazy. When I was 90, i got the motivation (finally) to get to 100. took a couple weeks to get to 97... then just 3 days from 97 to 100. About 2 years total for me.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Took me about a year to get 1-100; took a couple of month-long breaks and only occasionally did bhs, til the end...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah I am prolly in your "quiting" faze. Sorta bored for toon and need something new. atm waiting for my Archer to hit lvl 40 who is atm lvl 38.

I want a good physical that can hold damage to grind multiple enemies. Or do a lot of damage without channeling.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Pretty much depends on how you level,

REEAALLY SLOW pace and not care about levels or what people say about your leveling pace (like me), it will take a while and maxing up skills, buy/sell, farm. But if you are enjoying PW (like I am) :D then really no rush.

Mid pace, leveling normally. having fun.

And finally the fast pace where LVL100 becomes a priority no matter how you do it. Since LVL100 is "pro" to most people...

Which pace will you take? LVL100? Or fun?
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mostly like the Cleric thing, or Barb. I like to be useful. As a Cleric I can buff and heal ppl while as a barb I can tank mobs in instances.

Those are what are enjoyable to me. Clerics aren't as limited but difficult time after lvl 20.
    *atm started another one that is following my Archer build (Dex goes to Mag) and using both Blessed Box and a lvl 1 MP/Vit Tome*

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol ._. atm I Bramble Guard those that need it and use Lending hand.

In instances, I am currently working on getting Chaotic Spirit to help Clerics restore there MP faster. :)

Other then that I heal pet and spam skill until I get almost 3 sparks then use Spark > Venomous Scarab > Parasitic Nova. :)

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol ._. atm I Bramble Guard those that need it and use Lending hand.

In instances, I am currently working on getting Chaotic Spirit to help Clerics restore there MP faster. :)

Other then that I heal pet and spam skill until I get almost 3 sparks then use Spark > Venomous Scarab > Parasitic Nova. :)

Why are none of your posts relevant to this thread? Are you confused? Am I??!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why are none of your posts relevant to this thread? Are you confused? Am I??!

Because nothing in this game makes sense. b:laugh
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    o.o The question is solved, I just figure I'd put in input.

• kingfoolish
    kingfoolish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Pretty much depends on how you level,

REEAALLY SLOW pace and not care about levels or what people say about your leveling pace (like me), it will take a while and maxing up skills, buy/sell, farm. But if you are enjoying PW (like I am) :D then really no rush.

Mid pace, leveling normally. having fun.

And finally the fast pace where LVL100 becomes a priority no matter how you do it. Since LVL100 is "pro" to most people...

Which pace will you take? LVL100? Or fun?

You can't make assumption on what is fun and what is not fun. because everyone define "fun" in their own perspective. Lvling slow might be fun for you, but dont stereotype it like its the only way to have "fun".
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Any speed is fun, tho working slowly gets to me. ex. I am working on rep early in-game. I lvled up so I have to wait until lvl 14-5 to continue.

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I could've done it in 2 weeks, I think, but I have things to do during the day. my most recent character took roughly a month for 1-101 at ~2 hours a day.

my original character, however, took 6-8 months to get 100, then another year before i decided to level to 101. though, i did it ratherly slower and casually - only did quest and dailies to level, only grinded when i had the time.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You can't make assumption on what is fun and what is not fun. because everyone define "fun" in their own perspective. Lvling slow might be fun for you, but dont stereotype it like its the only way to have "fun".

Then why all the people who rush to LVL quit?

Mind you, I have lots of alts
    50ish, 40ish, 30ish, 20ish, 10ish, 1-9, 60ish, 70ish and 80ish :3
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    3 days.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not as long as Yulk's ****.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    On and off playing for the past two years, took me maybe a year and a half to get 100.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    took my archer like 9 months back in the day with butterfly, zhenning and fish grinding :D

got my bm to 100 in like 6 weeks or something

my sin is 91 atm, started 1 week ago lol

still taking foreverrrr to level

sins are a lot of fun though btw b:pleased
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    1-80 was the tough part, that took afew months of me just basically slowly getting to 30, doing crazy stone and quests for 40, then I basically only logged on for bhs and the occasional quest till like level 80.

80-91 only took like 3 weeks of mild FC'ing.

The rate at which you begin to level up at 80 is insane because of FC, it's not unheard of to go from 80-100 in just a couple of weeks.
  • Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you use $ it's fast with oracles. Or if you have a high level alt and can afford oracles. I always found lvl 50-75 most tedious, never used oracles myself, so had to grind a bit when out of quests and dailies were done. After 75 if you're good in FC (especially if you play a BM or cleric) leveling gets fast when you hyper (not very expensive, 400k for 5 stones that last you a few runs), even rather fast now at lvl 96 for me, a FC run is about 12-15%.

Before tb quests came up i used to find lvl 40-50 like a barrier, then it;s almost first time quests run out and had to grind, so could be like a shock to most players, now that barrier moved to about lvl 60-70, those swamp quests are very annoying for some classes.

The real fun starts after lvl 80, really i enjoy most FC, unless for very bad barb or cleric. Great place to meet new people and do something that actually involved a bit of brain, other than one clicking one you macro to grind or just clicking random skills on TT bosses, most are just dull (until 3-x ones anyway).
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I started this Char 2 years ago, without dailies etc.

I remeber doing FQ..(this was a very old now very obsolete daily)

But anyways, i focussed on this char for 2 years, to get as close to Heavy cash shoppers gear in endgame as i could get, currently working on 2 more things, (Nirvana) then i should be all done.

Apart from refine's and getting Citrine gems in everything...but thats a WIP.

So 2 years from 0 - 102, but that was old skool.

Current system..meh, i;d say about 3 months if you got the time 2 play all day. So about 2-2.5 Months of playtime and you;ll be 100.

0-50 Oracles OR questing (Still works fine peeps) 1 Week
    51-80 BH's, Dailies, Cube, Oracles, Hyper Grinding. 3 Weeks
    81+ FC + Hyper + Eso's (all the way up to 100) 3 Weeks

Total : 7 Weeks playtime.

OR

Buy oracles -> 100 in less then 2 weeks. (Requires Cash!) (This is so sad..high lvl low skill)

OR

Main Solo FC + Alt on follow with hypers on....should go fast enough as well, i'd say around 3 weeks total

Hope this helps
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I levelled my Cleric the "right" way and hit 89 in about 8-9 months of casual playing, then Hypers came out and I hit 96 after a few more months because I simply didn't care to hit 100.

Now I'm playing this Blademaster, and I went from 1-20 in a day, 20-30 in a day, then 30-90 in about 3 weeks, then hit 99 in just over a week.. I could have been 100 two days ago, but I took a little break from Frostcovered, I think I'll go for 100 tomorrow or Friday though, I wanna start doing Nirvana :P

(tl;dr: ~1 month if you're fast, 2-4 months if you're slow, and forever if you never touch Hypers.)

(By the way.. I'm not a cash shopper and I played another Blademaster to 87 the right way, so I actually learned the class before power levelling. I used my Cleric to farm money and took some of that money to buy Hypers, feel free to give me **** about levelling fast and not knowing my class if you want, but anyone on our server that's seen me knows otherwise :P Don't hit 100 in a month if you don't know the class and/or can't keep your gear up to date, then you just give yourself a bad name and nobody will wanna squad with you.)
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You are forgeting the tideborn quest they are amazing for leveling fast..

Another thing is if u power lvl dont forget every 10 levels to do you cultivations, and the Ploy quest also(OHT).
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Took me approximately a year, but I`m too damn lazy.
  • scorpillro
    scorpillro Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Catch the x2 events and you will become 100 in no time. ( 5months)
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Im still not there; but so far, it's been over two years. :)