will there be stronger pets in the genesis world?

Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Venomancer
before i spend countless hours leveling up the sawfly and the abysmal turtle i would like to know if there will be any stronger tamable pets in the genesis world like the tideborn walker is now stronger than the old walker.
anyone got any ideas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
Post edited by Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    First of all, no one knows if there's going to be any pets that will be stronger than the current leading land (walker, herc, magmite, cub) or air (skatefish, sawfly, nix) pets. As for water pets, levelling a lv. 5 abysmal turtle will be very hard to level because of the fact that water mobs tend to skip levels. I'd suggest get a Celestial Plumpfish for that since there's barely any water quests to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There are likely to be some new tameable mobs coming with the opening of new areas in the map, although speculation about what pets we can expect to make of those remains wide open. Since a new pet class will be made available i suspect what we get will depend a lot on whether it will be able to use veno pets or not.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We'll have to wait for a report from someone playing a veno on the Chinese servers on new tameables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure that there will be new tameable pets because that was the case with the Tideborn expansion. Whether they will be stronger or weaker, that's something we'll have to wait for. As Mayfly have mentioned, only a report from the Chinese servers (if they get the expansion before us which most likely will happen) could comfirm it.

I do believe, however, that there will be a couple of new pets with better stats than our current ones. If the tideborn area pets weren't better then only a minority of the Venomancer population would tame them ( for the looks). If they want to attract us with new pets, they'll have to make equal or better pets than the existing ones.

I've been looking forward this expansion for that reason. I would like a new pet to use as DD (since I like having a physical DD/debuffer and an elemental/magic DD pet) so I'm keeping my money for the skills until the expansion comes out.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    What i will do is compare tamable pets from tideborn ,genesis and the three champs from the rest of the game.
    Tideborn pets will be the only air and water pet and the glacial walker.
    regular world pets will be petite sawfly, abysmal turtle and ?.
    what land pet best represents the regular world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumish - Harshlands
    Mumish - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    crystalline magmite as for tank
    kowlin- as for debuffer
    b:chuckle
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    in genesis is now everything possible cos mystic seems to be another petuser class. so i dont know either if they dont use the same pets as veno. or they dont have to buy shidy legenderypets. so they get cheaper with it. no i would wait for first reviews about new classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Mystic pets aren't tamed, they're conjured up with skills and work different from veno pets.

Nuku Nuku: Tideborn DD pet: Dark Wanderer, main world DD pet: varicose scorpion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mystic pets aren't tamed, they're conjured up with skills and work different from veno pets.

Nuku Nuku: Tideborn DD pet: Dark Wanderer, main world DD pet: varicose scorpion

+ 1000000000000000000000

Pls can u post this on other genesis threads too b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    must be those w same or like build as those lvl 2 scropezh <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
    edited December 2010
    I will now find out which tamable pets is the best (overall normal mob). and when the Genesis comes out i will find those pets,if any,and put them to the test.
    this will be a test of numbers, who is the strongest overall based on base stats and how much stronger they get per level up.
    the pets are the following , based on the amount of votes they got, are
    TIDEBORN
    land- Glacial Waker / water- well there is only 1 / air- same as water(i will post the names after they fight it out although i already know who will win)
    The rest of PERFECT WORLD
    land- Crystalline Magmite / water- Abysmal Turtle / air- Petite Sawfly.

I will level them all up to the same level, probably 30, and see how they do.
    Now this is the time to throw your pet into the ring and i will post how it did against my pics.
    Fight the Good Fight and Goodnight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    As for the 'old' world water pet lvl80 Plumpfish is better that a Turtle. Up untill that lvl you can easily do all those rare water quests with flying pet, or tame anything around your level just for that one quest ;)

I'm sure there'll be more tameable pets available on the new areas. I'm waiting for some good looking air pet with nice atk to replace sawfly (I mean better looking than the skymanta. Maybe some kind of low-lvl bird? A low-lvl of the fowl wamily would be great)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    As for the 'old' world water pet lvl80 Plumpfish is better that a Turtle.

Actually, no, the level 5 turtles have better stats at 80+ than the plumpfish. It's just a real pain to level a turtle up to 80, so most people settle for second best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is there any news yet about new tameable mobs when the expansion comes out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Early reports said no tameables found, but not all mobs checked yet. I haven't seen an update saying any have been found, or that all mobs had been checked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    I am surprised no new tameables in the expantion. tideborn land has 7 or so tameables.
    If there was tameables than they would have been found by now seeing that it has been 3 or 4 weeks that genesis has been out over seas.
    I seen a cool pet the mystic used via youtube, bummer that it might not be tameable.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    What the mystics use aren't tameable pets, they're created from their skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Our only hope is that they'd make some of the mobs tameable before releasing it here :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dont wanna sound negativ but... the new mobs look so damn cute. Would be so sad if all were untameable b:sad They look so different then the mobs we're used to, alot more beautifull colours as well.
    Dont have high hopes anymore that they'll change that though. Think they would have to be tameable in the chinese version as well then.
    Ah well, curious what they will do to provide us veno's with some new additions then b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • BlackFlame - Harshlands
    BlackFlame - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dont wanna sound negativ but... the new mobs look so damn cute. Would be so sad if all were untameable b:sad They look so different then the mobs we're used to, alot more beautifull colours as well.
    Dont have high hopes anymore that they'll change that though. Think they would have to be tameable in the chinese version as well then.
    Ah well, curious what they will do to provide us veno's with some new additions then b:cute

x2

I just love the little beautiful monkey-like mobs.
    edited January 2011
    I hope genesis will be released in the beginning of febuary cause i need to level up my air and water pets. I wish there was info about tamables and not keep venos in the dark. A simple yes or no from a gm would be nice about this subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope they're not preparing for massive rage and QQ.. cause that would mean there would be no new pets...

I'm personally hoping for at least a nice air-pet... I'm not a fan of bugs or manta's... and well.. simply no money for a flaming chicken xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well I never saw the tame icon on any mobs up to mid 20s in the earthguard area while I was playing over on pwcn - seems a bit off even to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulFoxx - Archosaur
    SoulFoxx - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if we have a herc - ground and nix - air... swamp could mean water or atleast have water areas.. so im hoping there will be a water legendary pet or one thats amphibious and can go land and water? idk.. seems to me unless ur a tideborn and can stealth+swim uber fast, the dragon temple event is not fun at all. a water legendary could be fun^^
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They would be a pain to lvl though... so I doubt much people would get one o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If they make more pets , then they should make cages attainable with 15k + DP , cause i wont spend more of my money for extra slots for pets just for the show. ( i have show pets already)

If they do , then i will change opinion , but still i already like the pets i have , useful or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope they're not preparing for massive rage and QQ.. cause that would mean there would be no new pets...
    I still have not heard any news from our friendly venos who play the other version if venos get any new, tamable battle pets. Been holding off on using rare pet skills waiting to see what the news is, or I'll just stick it on this Seamonster Guardian my new veno uses.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I still have not heard any news from our friendly venos who play the other version if venos get any new, tamable battle pets. Been holding off on using rare pet skills waiting to see what the news is, or I'll just stick it on this Seamonster Guardian my new veno uses.

From general: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=939872

None have been found tamable as of yet.