Soloing FC at 90

Kasumi - Dreamweaver
Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Assassin
Hai sins!

anyways, is it possible to solo fc at 90?

my sin is level 80 atm but this is probably going to be his build, with + or - a few shards -

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=31b3f57e1b322e26 with buffs

hook and thorn on there doesn't work ;(

anywayss, you think with that build I can solo fc? or at least with a sin friend who will be 90 also. :D

I dont want to do it and be like epic fail.
Calamity
Regenesis
o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
Post edited by Kasumi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    While it is possible... Not really worth at 90. Wait till 99 or 100. For now it's going to take forever & wil require a lot of resources.

If you want you can nag a +100 XD high DD sin to solo stealth it for you.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It MIGHT be possible, but it would probably cost you more cashshopping/refining and charm ****.

Probably not worth it, you'll probably get better exp if you go with a squad
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have Hitman's Legend daggers at level 92. 1.82 base APS and I can maintain 2.0aps with a genie. Sage spark.

I couldn't get past the second boss lol, I couldn't kill the Glacial guard things fast enough to keep from getting the frenzied boss. And as soon as he used the sleep/freeze whatever skill, I was done.

Even if you change the stats on the Hook and Thorn in the calc to make it correct, with grade 10 garnets and +5...with demon spark...your damage output should still be very close to mine.

But if you can afford that build at 90, you could probably afford better daggers than Hook and Thorn.

P.S. I don't consider myself an epic fail because I couldn't solo FC at 92 uncharmed.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have Hitman's Legend daggers at level 92. 1.82 base APS and I can maintain 2.0aps with a genie. Sage spark.

I couldn't get past the second boss lol, I couldn't kill the Glacial guard things fast enough to keep from getting the frenzied boss. And as soon as he used the sleep/freeze whatever skill, I was done.

Even if you change the stats on the Hook and Thorn in the calc to make it correct, with grade 10 garnets and +5...with demon spark...your damage output should still be very close to mine.

But if you can afford that build at 90, you could probably afford better daggers than Hook and Thorn.

P.S. I don't consider myself an epic fail because I couldn't solo FC at 92 uncharmed.

I'm gonna keep these hook and thorn until 100 so I can eventually make the nirvana daggers lol.

but um, I didn't say I was fail because I couldn't solo, I meant I don't want to try it and then have it fail, wanted to know if it was possible first ;P
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear
    Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Erm, on my assassin (93) that has 2.5 APS demon sparked (Op would be at 2.86 I believe). I can kill the mob that spawns in any circle by myself way before the other one spawns, I can even kill 2 if I holy path to the opposite side of the boss and smack the other mob too.
    So OP shouldn't have any trouble with getting the second boss to tough or weakened.
    So if OP would just focus on the right mob the whole time then on the yellow circle after to just get the boss to tough, he/she should be able to kill the boss fairly easily if he/she has a charm.
    Remember that having the same APS with a genie =/= having the same APS while being sparked. And at 2.5 and how fast the mobs respawn, I can spark before each one by just using rising dragon strike on the boss before the next one spawns. And the skill's cooldown is faster than the mobs' respawn time.

Anyway, more on topic. You should be able to solo frost with that HP and with your gear. And if you duo it with another assassin, it would even be relatively fast. But not sure if it would be fast enough that the exp gained vs time spent in there would be better than just going with a squad. Not to mention the severe charm use and crab meats.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Might not be able to kill bishops faster than they can spawn while tanking the boss at the same time. You could try just for the lulz O.o
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hai sins!

my sin is level 80 atm but this is probably going to be his build, with + or - a few shards -

anywayss, you think with that build I can solo fc? or at least with a sin friend who will be 90 also. :D

Kas! all you had to do was pm me in game D:

At 90 is nearly impossible, a sin at that level just can't keep up with the damage dealt to make it realistic. The second boss is really the one that's impossible to handle. The repair bills would be beyond anything I would want to try and comprehend and for the length of time you spend soloing you could do 3-4 squad runs to probably result in more exp for the time spent.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hai sins!

I tried to duo Frost with my sin + a friend at 9X...it was kinda painful and took way to long and i had to use hp-charm so ewww. Also the pull in big room is a ****, you cant really lure all mobs and aoe-them with 2 sins, which makes you loose loads hyper time.

Could have done 3 runs with a full interval party during the same time and gained more exp + used way less hp-pots/genies/hyper activations.

If you do it completely solo at 9X you better stock up on platinum charms since you will get perms-slept + occult iced at second boss and purged at 4th boss. I did not find Frost worth soloing on my sin until i was at 99+ and had 4.0/5.0 aps. Mainly cuz you need a hp-charm/ress scrolls/GA before that and its annoying.

I guess it depends on the other sin to? If he has same gear and aps as you it should be fine. Just make sure to leave a cleric and barb at start so you can go back and re-buff.
  • AquaDagger - Heavens Tear
    AquaDagger - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It is possible ! Just you need to know you need charm + alot of crab meat pots and it will be waste :)
  • AquaDagger - Heavens Tear
    AquaDagger - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011

For second boss in FF you need to use Tidal protection is good to have it on lvl 10 and you cant have problems :)
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Tidal Protection is a must for that boss, but u can alvays use 2nd Wind+crab+ sparks as much as u can b:pleased
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Even as a 5.00 sparked sin, soloing frost is still quite troublesome if you're not fully buffed & don't have decent/high hp yet. I can't even imagine a lvl 90 sin soloing frost lol. You won't be attacking fast enough with your current interval to recover hp back even with ribstrike up. Crabmeat Jiaozi won't help that much if you're getting hit hard, charm would tick like crazy and you'll probably die while your charm is still recovering. An alternate solution would to gather up a few of your sin friends & try to do a sin-only frost squad so you can skip all the useless mobs.