Chienkun stones Pwi money maker

Options
ufop
ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
How do you feel about PWI making money by making you pay again and again for the same item?
What do i mean well you make for BOUND tt99 weapon refine it to a moderate +6 finally get 100 rapture and and you find that its goin to cost you some gold to buy the chienkun stones needed to keep your 2 sockets 2 garnets and +6.....You think hmm ok that fine after all its a far better weapon and buy the chienkun...
Now as many know it take a lot to get the next set of 150 raptures and since chienkun stones are cash shop only and you have no choice but to farm like a **** to get coin to get gold or charge it for the first G13 set.....
You refine the G13 to +10 or +12 as you know its goin to be a long time till u get 150 raptures but one day you do get the 150 and go to make the G15 to find that not only is it goin to cost 48 chienkun stone to keep the 2 sockets but 600 to keep your much loved +12 and think $%
Post edited by ufop on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    chienkun stones are a frikkin joke, it sickens me that they even insult peoples inteligence by trying to sell them.
    In most instances it'd be better just to buy the d orbs to refine the new wep from the start
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    chienkun stones are a frikkin joke, it sickens me that they even insult peoples inteligence by trying to sell them.
    In most instances it'd be better just to buy the d orbs to refine the new wep from the start

But it is NOT better to socket your gear after you nirvana it, 16k socket stones for 4th socket is what is the joke.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    To be fair to PWI, though, I think you might be forgetting PWI history. PWI never wanted to sell them, and their exceptionally high price is a deliberate decision to stop people from buying them.

PWI publicly stated repeatedly they would not be adding Chienkun Stones to the cash-shop and had no plans to ever do so. It was only after PWI accidentally promised that you'd be able to transfer refines/sockets to Nirvana gear that they realized that that required Chienkun stones.

A whole bunch of people went ahead and +10 all their TT gear and started ranting about how they were promised Chienkun stones, so PWI fulfilled their promise by putting them in the cash-shop, but at a truly outrageous price compared to other versions of the game. The people who refined all their stuff to +10 in expectation of cheap refining transfers got the shaft, but it was self-inflicted, since PWI never stated what the price would be and nobody was smart enough to ask before investing all their money in refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But it is NOT better to socket your gear after you nirvana it, 16k socket stones for 4th socket is what is the joke.

Actually, from what I've seen it's like 216 total Chienkun stones to save 4 sockets through 1st and second recast. At 950K gold price it's like 205M to transfer vs 160M to just 4 socket it through socket stones. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Actually, from what I've seen it's like 216 total Chienkun stones to save 4 sockets through 1st and second recast. At 950K gold price it's like 205M to transfer vs 160M to just 4 socket it through socket stones. b:surrender

10 packs of chienkun goes on sale for like 6.7 gold... dont forget that you may also need 8k socket stones for the 3rd socket + the 16k. Now do the math.

Although counting just the 4th socket 205 mill X .7 golds = 143 mills? still cheaper.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    10 packs of chienkun goes on sale for like 6.7 gold... dont forget that you may also need 8k socket stones for the 3rd socket + the 16k. Now do the math.

I think it would be 4800 stones for 3 socket. Nirvana armor is almost always 3 socket anyway though so you probably don't need this cost..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options

Although counting just the 4th socket 205 mill X .7 golds = 143 mills? still cheaper.

You're right, I was just comparing 'current prices.' Chienkun stones are highly dependent on gold prices, whereas socket stones are stabilized at around 10-11K each because of tokens. If you can manage to catch chienkun stones on a sale, or even when gold prices are lower it's worth it to transfer, otherwise if you're like me and like to gamble, I crafted 2 out of 3 Nirvana pieces 4 socket. Also made God of Frenzy 3rd reforge. b:dirty

• ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the cost to transfer sockets and gems and refines for the first set is understandable since your going from g12 to g15 on armor but as for weapons the g13 to g15 is a rip off i didnt mind paying the stones for making the g13 daggers its the fact that to get the next set besides the 150 rapture which can be farmed i see no reason why PWI charges 600 chienkun stones to transfer +12.
    On Bound items such as these that you cant sell or trade any new weapons that becomes out mean you either throw your weapon in the npc bin or live with an outdate weapon ok +12 nivi daggers will still be good but the point of a game is to aim for something that requires work not cash.They took rank goal away they took lvling away due to fc..Chienkun can only be got buy gold cant farm them nothing drops them so what do we have to do to upgrade g13 to g15? farm raptures and save up almost 500mill to just get chienkun stones...ok thats to transfer 2 socks and +12 but people shouldnt be punished for refining equipment especially thats bound to there toon they got there cash from the orbs needed to refine then they want more gold than it costs to make it to simply upgrade it
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ufop wrote: »
    the cost to transfer sockets and gems and refines for the first set is understandable since your going from g12 to g15 on armor but as for weapons the g13 to g15 is a rip off i didnt mind paying the stones for making the g13 daggers its the fact that to get the next set besides the 150 rapture which can be farmed i see no reason why PWI charges 600 chienkun stones to transfer +12.
    On Bound items such as these that you cant sell or trade any new weapons that becomes out mean you either throw your weapon in the npc bin or live with an outdate weapon ok +12 nivi daggers will still be good but the point of a game is to aim for something that requires work not cash.They took rank goal away they took lvling away due to fc..Chienkun can only be got buy gold cant farm them nothing drops them so what do we have to do to upgrade g13 to g15? farm raptures and save up almost 500mill to just get chienkun stones...ok thats to transfer 2 socks and +12 but people shouldnt be punished for refining equipment especially thats bound to there toon they got there cash from the orbs needed to refine then they want more gold than it costs to make it to simply upgrade it

Wall'o'text.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options

9 gold per 10 stones = 198 gold (then take off some for resell) for 213 stones to go to the second stage (for just 4 sockets).

With Stones
    198 gold * 900k/gold = 178.2m - 7 stones for resale @ 750k each = 172.95m

With Sockets
    16000 socket stones / 10 a set = 1600 sets * 11 tokens per set = 17600 tokens * 10k per token = 176m

BUT

Sockets don't go on 50% sale but the stones do from time to time. Best solution is to save your coin up, get your uncannies, and try and be patient for a sale. that's what I'm doing for my sins helm. Right now I have about 65m saved back I need about 30m more and I'll be set for whenever that sale will be. (with my luck months) b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Options
    9 gold per 10 stones = 198 gold (then take off some for resell) for 213 stones to go to the second stage (for just 4 sockets).

With Stones
    198 gold * 900k/gold = 178.2m - 7 stones for resale @ 750k each = 172.95m

With Sockets
    16000 socket stones / 10 a set = 1600 sets * 11 tokens per set = 17600 tokens * 10k per token = 176m

BUT

Sockets don't go on 50% sale but the stones do from time to time. Best solution is to save your coin up, get your uncannies, and try and be patient for a sale. that's what I'm doing for my sins helm. Right now I have about 65m saved back I need about 30m more and I'll be set for whenever that sale will be. (with my luck months) b:surrender

It's cheaper to just not 4th socket your G12 or G13 for transfer because @ 11K per socket, it's 88M for G13 and 22M for G12 4th socket + transfer costs of 173M, you do the math.

To socket G13 then transfer: 8000 sockets (88M) + 213 stones (173M) = 261M

To socket G12 then transfer: 2000 sockets (22M) + 213 stones (173M) = 195M

To not socket G12/G13 then socket G15: 16000 sockets (176M) = 176M

It's hardly worth waiting for the sale unless you already have 4 sockets and are desperate to save cash.

IMO... If you're going to be waiting for months for a sale... Why not just invest that time into setting up cat shop and buy socket stones for 8K each in West Arch? @ 8K per socket it's only 128M...

• krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wow. do we seriously need 200 chienkun just to keep 4 sckets that we have on our tt99s ?

Can u plz just let us keep same sockets we had in our tt99 to our nirvana for free? we are already paying a lot for socket stones + uncanny + gems + d orbs.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    euhm....Nope, pay more
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's cheaper to just not 4th socket your G12 or G13 for transfer because @ 11K per socket, it's 88M for G13 and 22M for G12 4th socket + transfer costs of 173M, you do the math.

To socket G13 then transfer: 8000 sockets (88M) + 213 stones (173M) = 261M

To socket G12 then transfer: 2000 sockets (22M) + 213 stones (173M) = 195M

To not socket G12/G13 then socket G15: 16000 sockets (176M) = 176M

It's hardly worth waiting for the sale unless you already have 4 sockets and are desperate to save cash.

IMO... If you're going to be waiting for months for a sale... Why not just invest that time into setting up cat shop and buy socket stones for 8K each in West Arch? @ 8K per socket it's only 128M...

My TT90 helm came out 4 socket. With a 50% off sale it's worth the wait. I can go from 173m to 86.5m that's nearly 3 vit stones for it instantly. Unfortunately not many people are patient enough these days they always want now now now, well I'm patient enough to save myself 86.5m. It's pretty much my final piece for sin besides I still have one more level, in combination with helm, for 503 dex. I have about a month and a half (unless I push myself) to level, so in the mean time I will wait. It will be a fun day once I get that helm. b:victory
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    198 Gold for 4 Sockets ^ ^; I can feed myself for like a month with that or pay a needed bill.

Less I am dieing then who cares. xD

o.o No I am not dieing ... <.< >.> MY MONEY! D:< *runs away* ....
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    198 Gold for 4 Sockets ^ ^; I can feed myself for like a month with that or pay a needed bill.

Less I am dieing then who cares. xD

o.o No I am not dieing ... <.< >.> MY MONEY! D:< *runs away* ....

Most people, including me, can farm that much we don't need to spend $$$ for it. I got lucky on some packs (in game coin ... before you jump on that) and got some half decent things that I resold. So far 65m down 11.5m to go (ish). b:victory
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    <snip>so PWI fulfilled their promise by putting them in the cash-shop, but at a truly outrageous price compared to other versions of the game. <snip>.

And this is what put me off from refining up to +12 already.

I come from another version where these stones are fairly cheap. So, when I crafted my first TT robe - I four socketed it, and refined it to +6. The weapon I 2 socketed, refined to +6 and all adorns/equips I refined to +5.

And as habit, I bound them.

Imagine my surprise when I crafted the next level up, and went to buy those stones to move my refines and estimated the cost. I had a "NO F-NG WAY" moment...

If they sold these stones cheaper, the odds of lower levels refining past +2 would be higher, and more of these stones as well as refine orbs would be sold.

Then peer pressure would kick in, more would buy more... people would compete to be better refined then someone else, legions would begin requiring a minimum refine level and it would totally benefit PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If they sold these stones cheaper, the odds of lower levels refining past +2 would be higher, and more of these stones as well as refine orbs would be sold.

Then peer pressure would kick in, more would buy more... people would compete to be better refined then someone else, legions would begin requiring a minimum refine level and it would totally benefit PWI.
    Perhaps that would be true, and to be honest I don't really know why PWI chooses to make them so expensive and undermine the original purpose for which they were put in the game.

But on the other hand refining is usually a pretty irrational decision. People seem to refine stuff on a whim. It's common to see stuff refined to a high level but then with crappy cheap gems shoved in the sockets, as well as stuff refined to a low level but then really expensive gems shoved in the sockets, neither of which makes much sense.

One nice thing PWI has done that the vast majority of the player-base seems unaware of is that anybody over level 30 can get lots of free Tienkang/Tisha stones thanks to the Celestial Tiger event. Combined with the profits from selling the shards that means even a level 30 could have +5 gear for free (actually, no, because the free experience from doing the event means that level 30 is gaining at least 3 levels every time they do the event, so they'd be level 50 in no time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But on the other hand refining is usually a pretty irrational decision. People seem to refine stuff on a whim. It's common to see stuff refined to a high level but then with crappy cheap gems shoved in the sockets, as well as stuff refined to a low level but then really expensive gems shoved in the sockets, neither of which makes much sense.

It does make sense. Most people either have good refines and flawless gems because they plan on upgrading the gems later. Or vice versa. And sometimes people can't just buy good gems immediately, have to wait for them to go out on the market after people open packs.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It does make sense. Most people either have good refines and flawless gems because they plan on upgrading the gems later. Or vice versa. And sometimes people can't just buy good gems immediately, have to wait for them to go out on the market after people open packs.
    You're right, but I should clarify that I'm thinking primarily of items I've seen for sale in the AH and in cat-shops. Presumably people intentionally refined/socketed them the way they wanted, used them, and then decided to sell them.

However, I have also seen cases of obvious fail. For example, I once saw a +0 Wings of Cloudcharger with 2 Citrine Gems and a Diamond of Tiger. Since the Wings of Cloudcharger is bound upon first use and always comes with 4 sockets my suspicion is that somebody messed up when socketing and was so distraught that they just wanted to sell it and be rid of their mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    @Warren

I personally don't refine and shard everything in one go, that's pretty expensive. I would rather +4 or +5 something, set up my catshop for afew days, get some gems and shard my gear, then catshop again, then +5 another piece of gear...etc
  • Akumetsu - Raging Tide
    Akumetsu - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I heard from a dude in Nirvana you can't even add sockets to G13 and above equipment. He claims to have tried to add a socket to his Warsoul of earth helm and it didn't work.
    Has anyone tried to add a socket to G13 and higher gear and succeeded?
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Necrooooooooooooooooo.

And ive seen too many 2 soc 2nd cat Nirvana weapons and 4 soc armors for them to be unsocketable.
  • snailtrail
    snailtrail Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I heard from a dude in Nirvana you can't even add sockets to G13 and above equipment. He claims to have tried to add a socket to his Warsoul of earth helm and it didn't work.
    Has anyone tried to add a socket to G13 and higher gear and succeeded?

I have upgraded my warsoul helm from 2 to 3 sockets, it worked and made me 2400 socket stones poorer. It did work but to say I really recommend it for a warsoul helm specifically? No. Champ scrolls arent THAT expensive.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hanfknolle wrote: »

no i dont wanna+necro and +1 to post count
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    To be fair to PWI, though, I think you might be forgetting PWI history. PWI never wanted to sell them, and their exceptionally high price is a deliberate decision to stop people from buying them.

PWI publicly stated repeatedly they would not be adding Chienkun Stones to the cash-shop and had no plans to ever do so. It was only after PWI accidentally promised that you'd be able to transfer refines/sockets to Nirvana gear that they realized that that required Chienkun stones.

A whole bunch of people went ahead and +10 all their TT gear and started ranting about how they were promised Chienkun stones, so PWI fulfilled their promise by putting them in the cash-shop, but at a truly outrageous price compared to other versions of the game. The people who refined all their stuff to +10 in expectation of cheap refining transfers got the shaft, but it was self-inflicted, since PWI never stated what the price would be and nobody was smart enough to ask before investing all their money in refines.

Or waiting until a more 'end game' / 'super end game' idea was realized and then sharding and plusing items, instead of jumping the gun and going "Yeah I'm going to shard up everything when I haven't got the the 2nd or 3rd stage in Nirvana crafting." b:chuckle

For example: If I know R9 is going to be around for a while. But I suspect R10 is going to be around 1 year or 1.5 years away (speculation) then I know that I'd have a good chance to +10 my gear and I could do this all at once or gradually over time. Another way you could look at it is "If I am going to go for the best thing on character, how far am I going to do with the refines and everything." Nothing wrong with asking questions. Just don't ask an unacknowledged, predisposed or inclining question without looking.

We do have resources:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Socketing
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Jewel_Crafting
    and especially:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Nirvana_Crafting

Knowledge in some cases has been the weapon of choice for me. For a while now, other people should adopt it as well.

Understanding not just 'thinking how it might turn out' at the end of your PW experience or whether you want to start multiple characters and continue playing PWI.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    either way in this game your screwed either outta coin or outta money.b:chuckle
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    just wonder if r10 ever comes :) people solo nirvana lol!