Mount Fraud

Options
Lyrebird - Archosaur
Lyrebird - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Support Desk
Why has the website still not fixed the link for claiming the mount prizes?? I have had 27,000 points for over 1 week and i still cant purchase either mount. There is only an active link on the Silkworm and Frost rewards.

There is seems to be no support anywhere explaining what is happening or what is being done and all my tickets just get automated into line, Im still waiting for a reply from 7 days ago when i first bought up this issue.

I've seen a lot of posts like this and no answers so im assuming the mounts are just a hoax to lure you into buying points. If this is the case then surely i can take legal action as they have falsly sold to me.
Post edited by Lyrebird - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Legal action? LOL - Nope, You can't take legal action - Well you could try but think how much money PWI makes and what sort of lawyer they could hire and then they'd make you pay all the court fees and such when you lose.

Just send in a ticket explain the situation, tell them which mount(s) you want, they might be able to sort the problem on their end for you.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you mean the free mount for charging $150 dollars, then before flying off the handle did you try the obvious?

use a different browser - if it is anything like the DQ rewards I had to switch to internet explorer to view the page properly - in chrome it didnt render correctly. I havent investigated further but I presume it uses some browser specific javascript in there somewhere that doesnt play well in other browsers.

make sure scripts on the page arent being blocked by your browser or addins.

use your brain - less staff than usual over the holidays (ever hear of xmas or new year in your part of the world?) so tickets will take longer to answer. there is not fraud or conspiracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Naturala - Archosaur
    Naturala - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm a multi millionaire so i can hire one just as good.

I was stating that as point, I'm spending money for my children to play this game by purchasing a mount for them but it seems PWI is happy to take my money without giving me what i've paid for.

I've sent a ticket already like i said 7 days ago and it still hasn't been read or replied to thats why i am posting on here. If it's a techinical issue then i would have seen a post on the homepage stating but there isn't.
  • Naturala - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you mean the free mount for charging $150 dollars, then before flying off the handle did you try the obvious?

use a different browser - if it is anything like the DQ rewards I had to switch to internet explorer to view the page properly - in chrome it didnt render correctly. I havent investigated further but I presume it uses some browser specific javascript in there somewhere that doesnt play well in other browsers.

No i'm sure it's not a browser problem as i could view the Dq rewards fine and purchase my son the Cerberus pet egg. The problem is that there is no link on the "prize" under the mount rewards so i can purchase. It's a simple problem to solve and with the amount of posts complaining about this and tickets (i assume) being sent, you would think it would have been fixed.

I was just stating about the fraud as by law, it's what it is.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well it must be at your end then fella, cos I am happily sitting on my free mount

btw as a "millionaire" you should be well aware of the seriousness of bandying about words like "fraud". Especially when there is no evidence of such an intention. it could be seen as libel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No i'm sure it's not a browser problem as i could view the Dq rewards fine and purchase my son the Cerberus pet egg. The problem is that there is no link on the "prize" under the mount rewards so i can purchase. It's a simple problem to solve and with the amount of posts complaining about this and tickets (i assume) being sent, you would think it would have been fixed.

I was just stating about the fraud as by law, it's what it is.

its a promotion.. charge 150$ bucks get a free mount.. like you buy a cup of coffee and get a free donut... you are not purchasing the mount directly.

not only is your sense of entitlement off the charts your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Lols,multi-millionaire.Which one?I could also say I'm a multi-millionaire.

Anyways,you didn't pay $150 for the mount.The mount is simply a bonus for the Zen you purchased and transferred to Perfect World Gold.
    Who said anything about this and the DQ rewards needing the same browser.Shulkie meant to change a different browser and try if you can work it.

Edit:Oh btw,if you're a multi-millionaire,why bother with something you got free from spending $150.Or why not directly send them a lawyer's letter already.
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LOL

that is all :)
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There are no mounts in the DQ rewards only 2 pets.

getting the cerb pup from DQ rewards has nothing to do with getting a mount you got for purchasing zen.

I got my cerb pup from a similar zen promotion that was on 10 bucks.
    there was no link to redeem.

After purchasing your zen & applying it to your character/account the item was sent to us in our mailbox.

I assume the same applies for this.

I have also already seen alot of ppl with this mount so it works & ppl are getting it.
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i just checked into it a bit more. on google chrome

sign in to the website & go to this link http://pwi.perfectworld.com/reward

it should show you your current amount of points
    choose your server, then the character you want to put the mount on.

Finally click on the mount prize button you want.

I have no points because i am a broke multi-millionaire but it does tell me i don't have enough points to purchase when i highlight the button.

having the points says that you purchased the zen before the 31st which is good.

your points will vanish on or after the 29th of Jan.

Before saying it is not your browser, try other browsers. about 75% of issues are the web browsers.

Try installing a fresh broswer like firefox, chrome, IE, etc try them all & more.

*you can only redeem the mount on the account with the points*
  • Naturala - Archosaur
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Browser does nothing.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you didn't receive the award (I know many who have) - the best course of action is to send a ticket and the team will assist you in resolving the issue here http://support.perfectworld.com/
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Browser does something: views the internet, plays music, opens HTML files, opens image files, remembers things & places for you, etc...

LoL b:laugh

being a multimillionaire i suppose you could just pay somebody to make your kids a better game IJS b:chuckle
  • Kinata - Dreamweaver
    Kinata - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sorry to do a hijack here, but how long will it take for rewards points to show up in transaction history? I just bought $20 worth of zen, and it isn't showing up yet. Thank you. b:cute
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sorry to do a hijack here, but how long will it take for rewards points to show up in transaction history? I just bought $20 worth of zen, and it isn't showing up yet. Thank you. b:cute

The promotion ended December 31st. >.>; You waited too long to charge it. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=172931
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If you have done everything that was required for said promotion, then it should work. If you are having problems, please reply to your ticket an explain what you have done so far.

Many of us are on holiday until tomorrow (tech support, and some customer support), so some tickets may take a little bit longer to research and get back to you. We should get most things caught up this week. ---crosses paws for luck---b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sandwind - Dreamweaver
    Sandwind - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There are no mounts in the DQ rewards only 2 pets.

getting the cerb pup from DQ rewards has nothing to do with getting a mount you got for purchasing zen.

I got my cerb pup from a similar zen promotion that was on 10 bucks.
    there was no link to redeem.

After purchasing your zen & applying it to your character/account the item was sent to us in our mailbox.

I assume the same applies for this.

I have also already seen alot of ppl with this mount so it works & ppl are getting it.

i got sage mount from the promo for 150 dollars worth of zen
  • Chisukie - Lost City
    Chisukie - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm a multi millionaire so i can hire one just as good.

Then why didn't you just buy em the mount right away? I meen, the mount is only like 50$-60$...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vuce
    vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You are probably shooting fish in a barrel if you was to want to pursue legal action against a company like this. But you could take it up with the BBB ( Better Business Bureau ) www.bbb.org which is the US/CA version of the Trading Standards Institute ( Europe ). They take matters of "fraud" and unethical business practices very seriously.

But that would be an extreme measure to take as most of the time it is just down to a technical issue, especially down to the fact that others have acquired their mounts and it is the holidays so as the GM stated, tickets will take time. ( Hope this is the case for my free celestial fashion which I haven't got yet but others have, and my faction logo which I've been waiting over a month for..... b:thanks )

Lets just hope things pick up when the holidays are over and we all get our issues sorted.
  • sixxkiller2
    sixxkiller2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Actually California's anti-fraud and truth in advertising laws are pretty specific and are designed to handle stuff just like this. I am pretty close to filing one over a promotion where they gave a 20% boost to zen where they stated "any amount" of purchase but I only received it for one card. Just because they are an online game doesnt mean they arent held to the same exact standards as someone who advertises or promotes through other mediums. I sent a ticket and they closed it stating it was a single use promotion code. I guess they dont consult the legal department before writing their promotions. But atleast its not the main chinese company where you have no legal recourse.